Kuramathi Maldives announces the release of botany book
The Maldives Hotels and Travel Guide
03 November, 2022
The acres of lush vegetation in Kuramathi render an emerald mirage arising from the blue waters. Devoted to conserving and showcasing the greenery that adorns the island, Kuramathi launched the book, Kuramathi – Quick Guide to Plants in the Maldives.
The event was attended by the Former President and Speaker of Parliament Mohamed Nasheed, Board Director of Universal Resorts Ali Noordeen, Members of Parliament and Councillors of Rasdhoo. The Chairman of Universal Resorts Mohamed Umar Manik also joined as a Guest of Honour.
A collaboration between Kuramathi and authors Dr Shafia Aminath and Dr Chanaka Talpahewa, the book is a comprehensive account of the terrestrial flora endemic to the Maldives. The guidebook compiles information about several plant species from different environments such as littoral forests and beach areas, backyard fruits and ornamental plants.
The resort island served as an insightful base where most of the featured flora are found thriving in several nature appreciation sites such as the 300-year-old Banyan Tree, the Botanic Walk, a route where guests can observe diverse tropical vegetation, the Nature Trail, an untouched Maldivian forest in the heart of the island, and the Hydroponic Garden where most of the fresh produce served in the buffet restaurants are grown and harvested.
“The publication is a credible knowledge tool added to the extensive activities of the resort. The book captures information on 65 plants, that constitute our biodiversity and are used in our food, culture, and traditions,” said Dr Aminath.
Kuramathi is one of the first resorts to open in the Maldives and is part of Universal Resorts of Universal Enterprises Private Ltd, a 100% Maldivian-owned company, and the pioneer of tourism in the Maldives.
Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll archipelago, Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from individual Beach Villas to idyllic Water Villas with Pools. Dining options are diverse with many restaurants, bars and great-value all-inclusive packages, topped off with Maldivian service – welcoming, genuine and friendly. There is something for everyone in this paradisiacal haven that embodies the Maldives in a natural setting.
Escape on an unforgettable island gateway at Kuramathi Maldives and book your choice of accommodation at an exceptional price with our Super Saver Offer. Rates include Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at an allocated buffet restaurant
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Beaches, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling
Strips of pristine beaches, world-class diving, fine dining and knockout spa, Kuramathi Maldives is rated one of the best hotels in the Maldives and with good reason. Kuramathi is one of the Maldives' most popular resorts and it's perfect if you're looking for variety alongside relaxation. Here, pathways weave through lush foliage, leading to the excellent facilities that are dotted around this large island. There are two oceanfront infinity pools plus a lagoon-style pool shaded by palm trees, and snorkelling on the stunning house reef is possible straight from the beachRead More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More