What's Hot, What's New, What's Fun in Meeru
Best Family Resorts near Male
15 April, 2022
Meeru Island welcomes you to a tropical paradise of palm trees, white sandy beaches & an abundant marine life surrounding this Maldives Resort.
We want to thank all of our fantastic guests and friends who have stayed with us over the past three months. For all of our future holiday-makers, we will be looking forward to welcoming you here on the sunny side of the Maldives.
With the Maldives revoking its State of Public Health Emergency, travelling to Meeru has become easier. Meeru has reviewed all austerity measures putting services, facilities and events back to normal. Let us share the updated information for A Safe Holiday Experience in Meeru.
We are happy to share that Repeater's Cocktail party is back on our weekly event for all our repeat guests. Every Saturday from 1830 to 1930, we cordially invite you to join us for an evening of reminiscing your previous holidays with us or simply sharing your experience on your recent stay here in Meeru. It will be a pleasure to hear your stories and to know your thoughts.
We are sending warm greetings to all the mothers in the world, and we invite you to celebrate "Mother's Day" in the Maldives while indulging in the sun, sand and beach ambience on this special day. Make her feel special with a holiday in Meeru planned with a special dinner, massage, excursions or a private sunset on a yacht.
Do you play tennis or want to learn tennis? Meeru has recently upgraded the tennis courts for the tennis enthusiast. The tennis courts are accessible for all the guests, and our team are happy to be of service.
As you might already have heard, MasterChef Sweden was in Meeru recently, and it was a great pleasure to be part of the MasterChef journey. Congratulations, Adam Thulin, for winning the MasterChef Sweden Season 11. Keep cooking delectable dishes and continue your journey of being one of the top MasterChef.
April is also the month to start planning your next summer holiday, and it is never too early to book a future get-away with your loved ones. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts about Meeru on Social Media and on the Meeru website. Your Meeru family will always be available to accommodate you for a relaxing holiday, be it with family, friends, your honeymoon or a relaxing time by yourself. See our offers.
Spending time with your loved ones on holiday is a simple bonding time that creates unforgettable memories that you can forever treasure. Together we create your memories here in Meeru;
SEE WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
The most beautiful holiday
"Meeru resort, thank you very much for a wonderful holiday. After an introductory little problem, which was immediately solved by two willing and nice people - Mr. Ahmed Rasheed and Mr. Adam Mohamed, my daughter and I enjoyed the most beautiful vacation of our lives. Nothing can be criticized, clean everywhere, beautiful beaches, amazing care. The island is beautiful, green, suitable for walks, swimming in the sea is a memorable experience for a lifetime.
We thank and appreciate the work of all people:
- the houskeepers of the rooms-they were really consistent, villa 708- was always tidy and clean
- all the chefs and their management- the dishes were excellent, flavored, you can see the Italian influence. Only in Italy we did not need to add spices and salt to the ready meal and here on Meeru we appreciated the balance of tastes of all the dishes. Excellent everyday soups, vitello tonnato, pasta, baked ribs, Indian food-just everything was excellent. We are gourmets and we can appreciate quality of this cuisine.Grazie mille per tutti!
Tutto il cibo era eccellente e siamo rimasti molto soddisfatti.
- All chefs and waiters were very nice, hardworking and always smiling — even through masks.
Thank to our waiter-Ahuzam-a very hardworking and decent young man.
-Thank you, Mr. Ahmed and Mr. Adam for your kind attitude and willingness.
The only downside to this vacation was the fact that we had to leave. I don't think we can go anywhere else on vacation than the Maldives, and I'm sure we'd love to go back to Meeru Island.Usually we don't go back, always want to discover new places, but Meeru is an exception. Hope to return here soon!"
martinasag747 (4/6/22) - TripAdvisor
Need more information to plan your vacation? Read our Travel Update to learn more about the Health & Safety Guidelines and the A Safe Holiday Experience In Paradise initiative which includes PCR Test facilitation at the Resort and conveniences such as flexible cancellation.
Our Easter basket is full to the brim with activities this month. We have put together various fun activities for the little ones to enjoy as you celebrate Easter in Meeru Island Resort & Spa.
From Friday, April 15, 2022, to Sunday, April 17, 2022, kids will be in for many, many treats as we engage in fun and joyous activities
CRUISE ON LUXURY YACHT “NORAH”
Charter and embark on various adventures across the sea with the luxury yacht Norah. You can experience the sea aboard an elegant ship with unparalleled luxury and unmatched service.
If you are looking to arrive or depart from Meeru in style and comfort, you can arrange a private airport transfer with refreshments and WiFi onboard. On the Daylong Cruise, you can explore North Male’ Atoll, snorkelling through reefs experiencing marine life and luxuriating on a sandbank to watch the stunning sunset.Learm More
April 2022 Events in Meeru
13 April – Songkran “Thai New Year”
Thai inspired buffet to celebrate Songkran at your designated restaurant
Time: 1900-2100 at Farivalhu and Maalan Restaurants
15 April – Special Easter Dinner
“Easter Full Moon Lobster and Champagne” BBQ dinner
Time: 1900-2130 at Asian Wok Beach
17 April – Easter Sunday Celebrations
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at Farivalhu and Maalan Restaurants
Easter Themed buffet at your designated restaurant
- “Sommelier’s Selection” at Farivlahu and Maalan Restaurants
Variety of wines and Champagnes
- “Easter Bunny” in Meeru with fun and surprises – Time: 1700-1800 at Dhoni bar beach
- “Easter Eggciting hunt” including various prices from Euro Divers – Time: 1500-1600 meeting point at Kids Club
18 April – World Heritage Day
Meeru celebrates World Heritage Day
22 April – Earth Day
Special “Walk around the island”
Time: 09:30-10:30 meeting point at Main Reception
29 April – Beach BBQ Dinner*
Time: 1900-2130 at Asian Wok Beach
Throughout the month of April:
- “Meeru Lobster Fest” – 1900-2100 at both buffet restaurant
- “Sparkling Creations” – Available at Hot Rock, Uthuru and Dhoni bars
- “Ultimate Mojito” – Available at Hot Rock, Uthuru and Dhoni bars
- Every Sunday & Thursday: “Meeru Afternoon Tea” at Asian Wok – Time: 1600-1700
- Every Tuesday & Saturday:
- “Italian Grappa and Single Malt Whisky” at Asian Wok.
- Tasting sessions with Meeru Mixologist – Time: 1600-1700
- 04 and 25 April: “Pool Party” with Aqua Aerobics at Dhoni bar pool – Time: 1600-1830
“All events are subject to internal reviews and changes without further notifications”
“Full description of the Meeru event will be available on a monthly basis”
MEET MEERU's TEAM
Meet Mustafa Hassan, a Maldivian who has been with Meeru's culinary team for 29 years. Mustafa keeps close contact with Meeru guests and learns about their culture and food preferences which the guests appreciate, especially the repeater guests.
Currently working as a Food & Beverage Supervisor, Mustafa recommends guests try out the Maldivian dishes and experience Teppanyaki at Asian Wok Restaurant and the famed MaldivianReef Fish.
Visiting Meeru? Here are a choice of offers including the last-minute deals. Enjoy the best value at Meeru Island Resort & Spa with our Maldives holiday packages. Take advantage of Early Bird discounts, All-Inclusive packages and occasional special offers for an unforgettable holiday. Save 20% On Apr 4, 2022 – Jan 31, 2023 StaysCheck Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Family, All Inclusive, Activities, Couples, Value
Every year, Meeru Island Resort is possible satisfies more people than any other hotel. With 286 rooms and suites, including 106 water villas, the Meeru Island Resort is one of the Maldives' largest 4-star resorts, and it has more overwater rooms than any other resort in the Maldives. The island is always full and after people have visited here, very often they come back again and again. The island is attractive for all ages: families have their own corner of the island, and couples have their own, hence there are two separate swimming pools, two buffet restaurants, and 2 spas. Most of the guests sit on all inclusive, so bars are always alive - especially 24-hour. During the day, there is plenty to do and see, including a diving school with PADI multi-language courses, a range of water sports, excursions, and even a golf course. House reef snorkeling requires a boat trip, although many are happy to sunbathe on the beautiful beaches. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More