What's Hot, What's New, What's Fun in Meeru this month
Best Family Resorts near Male
11 May, 2022
The award winning beach destination, Meeru Island warm greetings across the Indian ocean from resort's family!
Thank you to our in-house guests, repeaters and future holidaymakers, you are our strength to keep on challenging ourselves to do better. It is always a pleasure to be a part of your holiday and we look forward to being your holiday destination.
It is with great pride that we share that Meeru recently received the Travelife Gold Award. Travelife is an accommodation sustainability certification that helps improve social, financial and environmental impact. An audit was conducted last year and as we were able to meet the standard set forth showing our commitment to sustainability and responsible tourism, Meeru was rewarded as one of the few resorts in the Maldives that has received the Gold Award. In line with keeping a sustainable environment and as we support the global awareness of various activities to save mother earth, Meeru has introduced the guided back of the house “Sustainability Walk”. An informative activity to know more about Meeru as we welcome you inside our island home. We encourage guests to be part of this guided tour around the island and scan the QR codes available in the public and back of house areas in Meeru for easy access on what are the projects that we do that have an impact. We believe that taking care of mother earth will help her flourish and provide a better place to spend a lovely holiday.
A father’s smile can light up a child’s heart and can put everything right. This coming June, celebrate Father’s Day here in Meeru with fun-filled activities, adventurous sports or a relaxing moment. Make him feel special and create something wonderful.
Are you planning to renew your wedding vows, propose to the love of your life or simply show how much you love her? Let our team assist you! Let this heaven on earth be the place for your “yes, I do” moment as we play the Maldivian drums and shower you with flowers while you walk down the isle of forever. A romantic holiday filled with beautiful memories for you and your partner to cherish together till eternity.
Red, White or Rosé what is your preference? Let your Waiter know your favourite from the newly introduced wine selection included in the All-Inclusive Plus meal plan available in all the bars and restaurants for you to enjoy any time of the day. Have it during a meal or while you chill at any of the bars in Meeru, the choice is yours.
Each moment deserves to be treasured and as we share with you what is happening on your paradise island, let us stay connected. Follow our Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter or visit our Meeru website. Take a peek at the events and be up to date on the celebrations on the island. Collect memories and discover what Meeru has to offer, book your holiday with us and we will do the rest.
There is nothing more important than spending quality time the “simply Maldives” way. Get into your vacation mode and receive our warm hospitality as we welcome you with a big smile here at Meeru Island Resort and Spa!
SEE WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
Holiday for our 10 year wedding anniversary
"Meeru Island and Resort was amazing. the water is so crystal clear and the bluest water I have ever seen. It took us 30 hours to get there from USA, but was so worth it. Our luggage did not make it to Maldives, but the resort was able to track it down by next morning. Would definitely recommend the overwater bungalows at night they shine a light in water from patio and it brings out big fish, it amazing watching the sharks and other big fish."
Caroline H, Phoenix, Arizona (5/3/22) - TripAdvisor
"Fantastic wedding on an island in the middle of the Indian Ocean. The resort exceeds all expectations for our second stay. A stay in the Jacuzzi Water Villa is a must. Can’t wait to go back for a third time!"
LiamTaylor, Liverpool, United Kingdom (5/6/22) - TripAdvisor
A very beautiful island. White sand beach and clear blue sea
The staff are very friendly and provide a great service.
Diptee Ramgi - Google
If you are looking for half a day of novel adventure, the Meeru team suggests Ocean Fishing.
Try traditional casting fishing or big game fishing out in the open waters with the Meeru excursions team. Experience the local Dhoni boat sailing or the sports fisher.
Meeru practices sustainable fishing practices and the option guests can have their own catch served during the meal times in the restaurant.Learm More
Night scuba diving is a wonderful experience and a relatively hidden gem of an activity at Meeru Island, which most drivers can enjoy.
The Euro-Divers dive team at Meeru selects different locations around Meeru for night dives, and the opportunity to explore a shallow shipwreck.
See what it is like to do a night dive to a shipwreck just 15 minutes off the island.Learm More
May 2022 Events in Meeru
13 May – International Hummus Day
- “It’s Hummus Day” – various types of Hummus for lunch – 1300-1430 at both buffet restaurants
15 May International Day of Families
- “Family Day” fun-filled activities – 1500-1600 at Dhoni bar beach
- “Family Movie time” – 2000-2130 at Dhoni bar beach
- Fun tube and Banana boat adventure ride – Available at Water Sports Center
- It’s WE time at Duniye Spa – Relaxing package for the Family
16 May – Full Moon Specials
- Full Moon Magic Yoga + Soundbath – 1700-1800 at Maalan beach under The Palms
- Food, Music and memorable memories – 1900-2130 at Asian Wok beach
18 May – International Museum Day
- Special Nature Walk with guided Museum tour – 0930-1030 meeting point at Main Reception
- International Tea Day – “All about Tea” – 1600-1700 at Asian Wok
- Refreshing Ice Tea – at Dhoni, Hot Rock and Uthuru bars
23 May – World Turtle Day
- Kids activities by Euro-Divers and SEA team – 1630-1730 at Dhoni bar beach
- Special Turtle Explorer by SEA team – 0900 meeting point at Main Reception
25 May – Wine Day
- Sunset Wine Tasting – 1730-1830 at Asian Wok
27 May – International Skin Care Day
Discover secrets of glowing skin – Information session – 1730-1830 at Over Water Spa
30 May – Pool Party
Pool Party and Aqua aerobics with Mexican drinks promotion
1600-1730 at Dhoni Bar
Throughout May, 2022
01- 31 May 2022
- “Meeru Lobster Fest” – 1900-2100 at both buffet restaurants
- “Bellini bubbly moments” – Hot Rock, Uthuru and Dhoni bars
- “Meeru Mexican Mule” – Hot Rock, Uthuru and Dhoni bars
05 and 30 May
- “Pool Party” with Aqua Aerobics – 1600-1830 at Dhoni bar pool
06 and 27 May
- Beach BBQ dinner – 1900-2130 at Asian Wok beach
09 to 16 May
- Special Balinese massage for Mom and family – Duniye Spa
10, 17 and 24 May
- Guided Relaxation Journey – 1800-1845 at Maalan beach area
MEET MEERU's TEAM
Meet Mohamed Nawaf Ali. One of the housekeeping coordinators on Meeru Island. This 24-year-old Maldivian native manages the room attendants' rosters, ensures beds are decorated for special occasions, your villas are made cosy, and turndowns are done.
His favourite area to work is at the 300's Jacuzzi Water Villas. These rooms are situated near the infinity pool, where guests can chill. This is also the area where at the end of the jetty is a great spot to watch the stars or different kinds of fish.
Visiting Meeru? Here are a choice of offers including the last-minute deals. Enjoy the best value at Meeru Island Resort & Spa with our Maldives holiday packages. Take advantage of Early Bird discounts, All-Inclusive packages and occasional special offers for an unforgettable holiday. Save 20% On Apr 4, 2022 – Jan 31, 2023 StaysCheck Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Family, All Inclusive, Activities, Couples, Value
Every year, Meeru Island Resort is possible satisfies more people than any other hotel. With 286 rooms and suites, including 106 water villas, the Meeru Island Resort is one of the Maldives' largest 4-star resorts, and it has more overwater rooms than any other resort in the Maldives. The island is always full and after people have visited here, very often they come back again and again. The island is attractive for all ages: families have their own corner of the island, and couples have their own, hence there are two separate swimming pools, two buffet restaurants, and 2 spas. Most of the guests sit on all inclusive, so bars are always alive - especially 24-hour. During the day, there is plenty to do and see, including a diving school with PADI multi-language courses, a range of water sports, excursions, and even a golf course. House reef snorkeling requires a boat trip, although many are happy to sunbathe on the beautiful beaches. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More