Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
Maldives Luxury Holidays
11 Nov, 2020
The Maldives Border Miles is a one-of-a-kind loyalty programme for a destination initiated by the Maldives Immigration, together with the tourism ministry, Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC) and Maldives Airports Company Limited (MACL).
Maldives Border Miles will come into effect in December.
It is a three-tiered loyalty programme has been launched for tourists who will earn points based on the number of visits and duration of stay. Additional points will be awarded for visits to celebrate special occasions.
– Aida (bronze tier)
– Anantara (silver tier)
– Abaarana (gold tier).
Each tier will be defined by a set variety of rewards, services or benefits, which increase in value as members progress.
How you will earn points:
- 50 points for each border crossing
- 30 points for visits to celebrate honeymoons
- 30 points for visits to celebrate wedding anniversaries
- 30 points for visits to celebrate birthdays
- 10 points for visits during local occasions
- 20 points for seasonal visits
- Five points for each night spent in Maldives
- Five points for pre-defined services obtained from partners
How can you upgrade the tier?
- Earn 500 points to reach Aida
- Earn 2000 points to reach Antara
- Earn 4000 points to reach Abaarana
If you are traveling to the Maldives as a tourist, you can enrol in the programme. Points will be rewarded if you stay in a registered tourist facility for at least three nights. For the most recent updates of the programme, visit imuga.immigration.gov.mv/mbm.
With the introduction of the Maldives Border Miles programme, it is expected that tourism will boost considerably as it is an added advantage for travellers. It is also a golden opportunity for returning visitors to rediscover the best of Maldives and get the most out of their visit to the sunny side of life.
The Maldives reopened its borders on July 15.
With the border reopening, 30-day free on-arrival visa is issued to all tourists with a confirmed booking for a stay at any registered tourist facility in the country.
There is no mandatory quarantine or testing on arrival, but tourists have to complete an online health declaration form and provide a negative PCR test result taken at least 96 hours prior to their departure.
Visitors with symptoms of the Covid-19 respiratory disease caused by the novel coronavirus or those travelling with someone who has similar symptoms are also tested at their own expense.
Recent Posts 27.11.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Christmas returns for 2021: Where to Book Now for a Luxury Stay in Maldives
- Ponant resumes Cruises to Seychelles
- Paul Gauguin Cruises Announces New 2023 Itineraries
- Reethi Beach Resor: Where to Find the Best Pizza in Maldives
- Agoda and Maldives Border Miles announce Strategic Partnership
- Ground-Breaking of World-class SO/ Maldives Resort
- Indulge in Self-Care on a ‘Rejuvacation’ at Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
- Latest News from Mirihi Island
- Bank of Maldives Opens ATM Centre in Dhangethi
- Play With a World Class Players at Patina Maldives
- What's Hot, What's New, What's Fun in Veligandu
- Looking to Disconnect? Vakkaru Maldives Vacation will Do the Trick
- Milaidhoo Island Maldives wins 2021 Condé Nast Johansens Award
- Latest News from Meeru Island, November
- 10 Hottest Experiences to add to Your Bucket List at Gili Lankanfushi
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More