The Maldives Declared as Low Risk of Infection by UAE
Here is all You Need to Know if You are Planning on Travelling to The Maldives during the Coronavirus pandemic
24 June, 2020
The United Arab Emirates said citizens and residents that they will be allowed to travel to countries deemed low-risk for contracting the coronavirus from 23rd June. Among those is the Maldives.
According to a statement issued by the Ministry of Health and Prevention and the General Civil Aviation Authority of UAE, international travel will initially be allowed to 56 countries categorized into two groups, “A” and “B”, based on the risk of infection.
“Group A includes countries with a low risk of infection and with no restriction for travel, while group B includes jurisdictions with a medium risk of infection where travel is allowed only for certain categories of individuals,” the statement read. “No travel is allowed to countries outside of the approved list, unless otherwise approved by the relevant authorities. The list will be revised on a weekly basis.”
Australia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, South Korea, Austria, Fiji, Luxembourg, Seychelles, Bahamas, Finland, Malaysia, Slovakia, Bahrain, Georgia, Maldives, Sweden, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hong Kong, Malta, Switzerland, Brunei, Hungary, Mauritius, Taiwan, Bulgaria, Iceland, Montenegro, Thailand, China, Ireland, New Zealand, Tunisia, Costa Rica, Japan, Norway, Croatia, Jordan, Singapore, Cyprus, Latvia and Romania.
Belgium, France, Netherlands, Slovenia, Canada, Germany, Oman, Tanzania, Denmark, Kuwait, Poland, Estonia, Morocco and Portugal.
Both foreign nationals and UAE citizens will be allowed to travel to countries from group A without any restrictions.
However, travel to countries in group B will be limited to the following categories:
– UAE nationals travelling for medical treatment at the expense of the UAE government, after obtaining permission from the relevant authority of the destination country.
– Travelers departing for medical treatment at their own expense, after providing a certified medical certificate.
– Members of diplomatic missions, if urgently required.
– Travelers departing for an emergency, including deaths and births, if urgently required.
– Travelers attending conferences, courses, short training or humanitarian missions if urgently required and after providing appropriate justification.
– Military personnel, if urgently required.
– Travel for business, tourism and study is not allowed to countries in group B. Individuals above 70 and those who suffer from chronic diseases are not allowed to travel regardless of the destination, the statement added.
Maldives was excluded from the international risk areas (with SARS-CoV-2) by the Federal Government of Germany as well.
Recent Posts 00.05.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Le Méridien Maldives Resort debuts in Paradise this Summer
- The Maldives have been added to UK's red list countries
- Take Your Vacation to the Next Level with Amilla Maldives
- St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
- The Nautilus Maldives launches its first ever Holistic Spa Month
- Sheraton Maldives Introduces USD 130,000 Exclusive Island Takeover
- Mother’s Day Weekend at Vilamendhoo Island Resort
- 5 Ways to Enjoy Honeymoon at Maafushivaru Maldives
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives partners with Bamford brand
- Cora Cora Maldives Appoints Umberto Piccolini as Culinary Director
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands announces LEGENDARY DEBUT offer
- Marriott Bonvoy celebrates Healthcare Heroes with special rates
- The Maldives resorts still welcomes Indian travelers!
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen vacations in the Maldives
- Spend a romantic weekend at Baros Maldives
- The Most Romantic Bed and Breakfasts in the Maldives
- Why Milaidhoo Island is one of the Maldives' Hidden Gems
- 10 of our Favorite reasons to escape to Kuramathi Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More