The Six New Airports to be Developed in The Maldives within the next 4 Years
Transfers in The Maldives
04 February, 2020
Addressing the nation at the parliament inaugural ceremony for the year, President of the Maldives has announced that six new airports will be developed across the country within the next 4 years.
Ibrahim Mohamed Solih highlighted that the government puts high priority into establishing a reliable sea and air transport network. Speaking on the matter, he further added that the government is working towards the completion of airport development projects in Haa Alifu Hoarafushi, Meemu Muli and Gaafu Dhaalu Faresmaadhodaa, adding that in the 4 years ahead, airports will be developed in a further 6 islands in the Maldives.
He also detailed the development of a maritime connectivity network to ensure the introduction of new transport services between the islands in Haa Alifu, Haa Dhaalu and Shaviyani atolls.
In addition to this, 150 million has been allocated every year to facilitate better sea transport within the islands of the Maldives.
According to this, the ferry service will be followed by 3 routes. These include; Commute link, Non-Commute link and a Highway link.
Commute Link and Non-Commute link is both based on areas with higher population. However, in Commute Link citizens can travel to and return from nearby islands faster and more than once a day. In Non-Commute Link citizens are able to travel to and return to nearby island once a day. Highway Link is where atolls are connected with each other by sea transport. This is also a link where citizens can travel to and return once a day.
Planning ministry has stated that 12 Commute Links, 5 Non-Commute Links and 1 Highway Link are already established in the Northern side of the Maldives.
Recent Posts 29.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Four Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Seaside Finolhu: Playground for Tennis Lovers through Exciting Partnership with LUX Tennis
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Transfers in The Maldives
Transfers to / from the hotel usually do not fill most of us with fun, but in the Maldives everything is different. Forget about the long taxi trip from the airport, the unique location of this island nation means that to get your exclusive resort you will need to make a sea cruise or flight. A domestic flight, speedboat or seaplane transfer – depending on where your resort is located – to get you out to your island paradise. Most resorts will assist you in booking these transfers and for some it may be included in the price. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More