Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
Maldives Luxury Guide
02 October, 2021
Maldives pavilion is now open for visitors at Expo 2020 Dubai. Maldives is represented at the pavilion by the Ministry of Economic Development, Ministry of Tourism and Visit Maldives.
Expo 2020, dubbed as World Expo, is held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates for a duration of six month from 1st October 2021 till 31st March 2022. This year’s Expo theme is “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”. It provides a great platform to showcase destinations, latest innovations, and investment opportunities from around the world under three major themes; Sustainability, Mobility and Opportunity. The event will see exhibitors from over 192
countries. An estimated 25 million visitors are expected to visit the Expo during its duration.
The Maldives’ pavilion is promoting the country under the Sustainability theme at the Expo 2020. The country’s pavilion will showcase the unique beauty of the destination, enhance brand visibility, and share investment opportunities available in the Maldives.
Throughout the duration of the six months of the expo, Visit Maldives will also give away exciting raffles to lucky winners every week. These raffles are conducted under the title “Win 100 days of Free Holidays in the Maldives”. The raffles provide 100 lucky winners free holidays in the Maldives.
Coinciding with the Expo 2020, Visit Maldives, is also carrying out a visibility campaign at Dubai Mall. This month-long campaign, launched on 1st October, will showcase the destination on 384 screens in the mall. The video aims to attract visitors to the Maldives pavilion at the Expo, advertise the “Win 100 days of Free Holidays in the Maldives” raffle to be taken during each week of the event for six months, and promote the destination.
Through the participation in Expo 2020, affluent residents from the Middle East and delegates visiting the Expo from other countries are targeted, to promote the destination. During the six month, we aim to promote different aspects of the destination, conduct trade and business which can result in increased foreign direct investment. Through our pavilion at Expo 2020 we aim to showcase our unique natural environment and our country’s unmatched natural beauty that is enjoyed by both locals and visitors. This activity is conducted as part of Visit Maldives’ strategies for the Middle Eastern market.
By 15th September 2021, Maldives welcomed a total of 843,552 visitors to the Maldives out of which 11,192 arrivals were from the UAE, which is a growth of 47.8% compared to 2019. Meanwhile, during this period, we received 27,380 arrivals from Saudi Arabia, which is a growth of 37.7% when compared to 2019.
Visit Maldives has been holding and participating in several events to promote the destination in top source, emerging and new markets. This includes webinars, fam trips, roadshows, fairs, and exhibitions. Activities planned for the Middle East for the year include joint marketing campaigns with Qatar Airways, Qatar Travel Mart 2021, Maldives Roadshow in Doha, a media influencer FAM trip and GCC region/ KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) focused digital campaigns.
Further information regarding ‘Expo 2020’ will be made available via social media and the expo website. Book tickets online on TicketsToDo and avoid the queue at the venue.
Tickets can be booked on emirates.com, Emirates sales offices, or via travel agents.
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More