Maldives nominated in Indian Ocean’s Prestigious Categories at the 28th Annual World Travel Awards
Maldives Luxury Guide
18 July, 2021
Maldives has secured nominations in 10 exciting ‘Indian Ocean’ categories at the 28th annual World Travel Awards, the most prestigious honours programme in the global travel trade and tourism industry.
The World Travel Awards was established in 1993 to recognise, reward and celebrate distinguished destinations across all key sectors and segments of the travel trade, tourism, and hospitality industries. It is recognised globally as the benchmark of industry excellence.
Maldives is nominated for the following Indian ocean categories this year:
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Beach Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Dive Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Green Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Honeymoon Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Tourist Board 2021: Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Wedding Destination 2021
- Indian Ocean’s Leading Adventure Tourism Destination 2021
In addition, Maldives is also nominated at the World Cruise Awards, the sister event of World Travel Awards that serves to recognise, reward and celebrate excellence in the global cruise sector through our annual awards programme:
- Indian Ocean’s Best Cruise Destination 2021
Voting for the Indian Ocean categories is now open and runs until midnight on September 1 and the voting for World Cruise Awards ends midnight on August 31.
This is a fantastic opportunity for fans to give us the reassurance that Maldives is indeed, one of the most loved and preferred destinations in the world.
The nominee gaining the most votes in a category will be the winner.
As Maldives have welcomed over half a million travellers and is on its way to achieve pre-pandemic arrival figures, the nominations at the 28th World Travel Awards will help in strengthening the image and increase the brand presence globally.
The Maldives has secured multiple awards in various categories over the years including the Indian Ocean’s Leading Beach Destination 2020, Indian Ocean’s Leading Cruise Destination 2020, Indian, Ocean’s Leading Dive Destination 2020, Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination 2020 and the World’s Leading Destination 2020.
The destination had also won famed Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination award 13 times over the past 16 years.
Recent Posts 20.05.2023
- Where was 'Love in the Maldives' filmed? Cast & Locations
- ELE|NA celebrates Sustainable Spa Association award
- Fari Islands marks Second-Year Anniversary with sustainability initiatives Celebrations
- Holiday Inn Maldives and Parley for the Oceans to partner on save the ocean
- A long Weekend on the Horizon? Plot Your Water Escape at Hideaway Beach Resort
- Unparalleled Luxury where perfection meets the sea: Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort
- Corinthia set for Maldives entry with opening luxury hotel
- Latest News from Vilamendhoo Island, May 2023
- This Summer Kids Stay and Eat Free at OUTRIGGER Maldives
- Why Book Direct with Hideaway Beach Resort
- Reethi Beach Resort celebrates Culinary Awards at FHAM 2023
- SHe Travel Club recognizes Cora Cora Maldives resort with Gold Status
- Brennia Kottefaru Maldives resort opens new Wine Cellar
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
Newest Maldives resorts to Explore in 2023
Here are just 10 of the amazing new resorts in the Maldives that are set to welcome guests Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More