Visit Maldives launches joint campaign with Qatar Airways to promote Maldives
05 July, 2021
Visit Maldives launches a joint marketing campaign with Qatar Airways to promote the Maldives in Europe, The Middle East, and the American market.
Opened on July 2021 until June 2022, the exciting year-long campaign aims to strengthen brand visibility and promote Maldives as a safe haven for all travelers targeting the global market. The campaign will consist of a combination of both digital and offline activities.
The campaign will consist of a combination of both digital and offline activities.
Qatar Airways is the national airline of the state of Qatar. Serving all six continents and connected to over 130 destinations on the map, Qatar airways is one of the most leading airlines in the aviation industry.
Qatar Airways was the first airline to land when the Maldives re-opened borders for international travellers on July 15, 2020. From July 1, Qatar Airways have increased the frequency of fights to Maldives indicating Qatar Airways’ confidence in Maldives as a leading tourist destination.
The Maldives as a leading and safe haven destination will be promoted to consumers by Qatar Airways through channels such as tactical campaign, newsletter as well as featuring the beautiful scenery of Maldives in the Qatar Airways homepage.
In addition, Qatar Airways will target industry members and promote Maldives through destination newsletter, destination push-through sales, joint advertising with trade partners, trade webinars, trade workshops and so on. In addition, familiarisation trips will also be conducted as part of the campaign with Qatar Airways.
The campaign with Qatar Airways will position Maldives as one of the leading and safe destinations. The diverse variety of activities carried under the campaign with Qatar Airways will promote the four tourism products of Maldives (resorts, guesthouse, liveaboards, hotels) and the endless variety of unique experiences in Maldives.
In addition, a strong emphasis will be placed on the safety provided by the geographically scattered islands of Maldives, the one-island-one-resort concept, and the safety stringent measures in place to ensure that Maldives remains one of the safest destinations in the world.
Visit Maldives is conducting major global campaigns with SkyScanner, TripAdvisor and Expedia targeting the top key markets and emerging markets to position Maldives as the top of the mind destination for travellers all across the globe.
As of July 7, 2021, Maldives have welcomed over 528,157 travellers. Welcoming over half a million travellers ensures that Maldives is on the path to achieving pre-pandemic arrival figures.
About Qatar Airways:
A multiple award-winning airline, Qatar Airways was named ‘World’s Best Airline’ by the 2019 World Airline Awards, managed by international air transport rating organisation Skytrax. It was also named ‘Best Airline in the Middle East’, ‘World’s Best Business Class’ and ‘Best Business Class Seat’, in recognition of its ground-breaking Business Class experience, Qsuite. Qatar Airways is the only airline to have been awarded the coveted “Skytrax Airline of the Year” title, which is recognised as the pinnacle of excellence in the airline industry, five times.
Recent Posts 17.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Reward and Recognition of Maldives Underwater Initiative at Six Senses Laamu
- Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Norwegian Viva
- Manta Trust Newsletter, January 2022
- Island Luxury by Secret Paradise opens First Local Island Boutique Hotel
- Enjoy Extraordinary 40% Savings & Daily $1,000 Egift Givaway at Anantara Hotels
- Maldives Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Covid-19 Quarantine
- Chill and Play at One of the Maldives’ most Exclusive resorts with 20% savings
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI recognized Best Honeymoon and Family Destination
- You are invited! Book Early and Save up to 55% at Kandima Maldives
- Ready for Pampering? Here’s Where to Find Decadence in the Maldives
- Travel Insurance Can Now Be Purchased With Marriott While Booking a Reservation
- The Year to explore the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts collection
- From Whale Sharks to Surf, Discover the Natural Side of COMO Maalifushi
- Enjoy up to 25% off to celebrate Qatar Airways' 25th anniversary
- Takes your Tennis game to the next Level at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Airports of The Maldives
Maldives, the most dispersed country on the planet with 1,192 islands spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometres, already has 13 airports, including four international airports. Honeymoon islands with white sandy beaches and beautiful blue lagoons surrounded by turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean pleasing to the eye already on the airplane board before landing at one of the airports of the Maldives.
Over a million tourists from across the globe visit the Indian Ocean island nation every year to holiday in one of the 120 resorts and 300 plus guesthouses located in all corners of the country. The multi-billion dollar tourism industry, which is the country’s main economic activity, relies heavily on the domestic transport infrastructure, especially air travel. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More