Celebrating Maldives Independence Day in Style at Meeru Island
Best All Inclusive Resorts near Male airport
15 July, 2021
Expecttosee this day the colours of the Maldivian flag, traditional costumes, cultural performances and hear the beats of 'Bodu Beru' drums, providing guests with a glimpse of local culture.
As one of the long-established resorts in the Maldives, Meeru prides itself on offering truly local and authentic experiences to guests.
Find out what you can expect to do on your stay at our Maldives resort in North Malé Atoll.
Independence Day Activity - Meeru Museum Special Guided Tour
Located at the heart of the resort is the traditional Dhoni-shaped Meeru Museum that offers an insight into the Maldivian way of life. It exhibits various artefacts and collectables from centuries ago that portray the Maldivian culture.
On this cultural tour, guests will learn about how the early local Maldivians cooked, dressed, travelled, and schooled – an experience that is sure to intrigue culturally curious minds.
» The special tour starts at 09:30. The meeting point is at the Main Reception.
Guests at Meeru must not miss out to experience the opportunity of immersing themselves in fascinating local culture by discovering an evening filled with music, dances, and discovery.
The experience begins with a cultural presentation followed by Bodu Beru dance performances.
» The show starts at 21:00 at Kakuni Bar Beach.
More cultural experiences for guests at Meeru
There is plenty to keep the cultural traveller entertained at Meeru. The Meeru team recommends:
Independence Day Activity - Maldivian Heritage Presentation with a Local Cultural Show
Casting and Big Game Fishing are two excursions guests can opt for that will offer them the chance to learn how to reel in the big fish like a local fisherman – Maldivian style! On these trips, they will be introduced to the environmentally sustainable fishing practices in the Maldives.
Make it a Summer to Remember in the Maldives at Meeru Island Resort & Spa
We invite you to come to soak up some tropical sunshine this summer with us. Whether you are holding a wedding amidst our palm-fringed paradise, dining at one of our beachfront restaurants, or simply appreciating as many Maldivian sunsets as you can, we look forward to welcoming you.
Here at Meeru Island Resort & Spa, we are genuinely proud of our heritage, and we love sharing it with everyone who chooses to stay with us.
Enjoy the best value at Meeru Island Resort & Spa with our Maldives holiday packages
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Family, All Inclusive, Activities, for Couples, Value
Every year, Meeru Island Resort is possible satisfies more people than any other hotel. With 286 rooms and suites, including 106 water villas, the Meeru Island Resort is one of the Maldives' largest 4-star resorts, and it has more overwater rooms than any other resort in the Maldives. The island is always full and after people have visited here, very often they come back again and again. The island is attractive for all ages: families have their own corner of the island, and couples have their own, hence there are two separate swimming pools, two buffet restaurants, and 2 spas. Most of the guests sit on all inclusive, so bars are always alive - especially 24-hour. During the day, there is plenty to do and see, including a diving school with PADI multi-language courses, a range of water sports, excursions, and even a golf course. House reef snorkeling requires a boat trip, although many are happy to sunbathe on the beautiful beaches. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More