Multi Island Festive Celebrations at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru & Angsana Ihuru
Best Multi-Island Resorts in The Maldives
2 December, 2019
Expect an underwater adventures, festive performances and Christmas activities at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and Angsana Ihuru this year.
The Festive Celebration will begin with the Decorating and Lighting of the Christmas Trees on the 22nd of December. Christmas Eve will be traditional with a small twist as Santa will arrive by boat instead of the sleigh on the 24th, followed by lively Christmas Carols while guests enjoy cocktails and canapés.
On the morning of 25th, Santa and his divers will visit the Rannamaari Wreck to check out the resident guitarfish and other marine creatures.
Fun activities will commence at Banyan Tree Beach such as Festive Games, Zumba Session, and Beach Volleyball every day before the sunset. Live arts with local market experience and t-shirt painting are available for the crafty and the much-anticipated activity ‘Swim Across the Channel,’ an 890-meter swim between the two islands will also take place.
Guests are encouraged to come as they are for New Year’s Eve, even barefoot if they prefer but they can dress up and get that perfect Instagram-worthy Christmas shot on the specially designed Festive Photobooth.
New Year’s Eve at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru will be for those who seek laid back celebration under the stars. The resident acoustic band will serenade guests throughout the evening until the countdown.
For guests who prefer to dance their night away and welcome the New Year under twirling disco lights, they can head over to Angsana Ihuru and show their moves on the dance floor during the DJ performance.
A series of fun activities await for the kids!
The little ones can try kids-yoga on the beach, coral planting, or bracelet making from recycled fishing nets. For something a little more festive, kids can decorate their own gingerbread man or create Christmas cards using recycled paper.
Those who seek tranquility can retreat to Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru and be rejuvenated by the time-honored treatments at Banyan Tree Spa. Guests can reconnect to nature by meditations and yoga classes led by the resorts’ in-house Yoga instructor. A romantic cruise on the Indian Ocean during the Christmas or New Year’s Eve is also a one of a kind Festive Experience.
A team of experienced dive instructors will offer the most wonderful underwater adventures to divers and non-divers alike. Divers can meet the resident guitarfish, batfish and moray eels of the legendary Rannamaari Wreck while beginners can explore Angsana Ihuru’s vibrant house reef. For non-swimmers, swimming lessons or guided snorkeling can be arranged.
Guests can visit the Marine Lab to participate in conservation activities such as coral planting, citizen science snorkeling, and Marine Talk.
For something a little extra, in case the North East wind blows a little bit stronger, guests can expect a kiteboarding show from the resorts’ kite surfers including one of Maldives’ finest, Ahmed Hamdhan (Hambe).
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Multi-Island Resorts in The Maldives
Awarded with white sand beaches and crystal clear waters the Maldives is a popular destinations with hundreds of best hotels in the world. Most resorts in the Maldives sit on the same private island with a blue lagoon, but there are those that span two or more islands. We have picked for you these gems with well-appointed luxury beachfront and overwater accommodations with breathtaking views range from family beach pool suites to romantic water villas for honeymooners. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More