Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru and Gaetano Trovato Collaborate to Train Maldivian Chefs
Best Family Resorts in the Maldives
13 November, 2021
In a story of people and their intention – merging inspiration and empowerment – two Michelin-starred Italian chef and culinary artist Gaetano Trovato will be working exclusively with Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru to mentor and inspire the next generation of global chefs.
Hailing from the medieval Tuscan village of Colle di Val d'Elsa – where he is soon to open his hotly anticipated new restaurant, Arnolfo The Frame – Trovato is an ambassador of the Slow Food movement who’s on a mission to develop young talent.
From November 2021, Trovato will be spearheading a unique menu at Landaa’s Blu restaurant, marrying specially curated ingredients from Tuscany with Maldivian and island-grown products. Driven by Trovato’s architect-like view of local produce as the raw materials that form the "scaffolding" of each dish, his focus is on expanding the horizons of Blu’s chefs while imparting his passion for producing and cooking with the highest quality ingredients.
Guests can sample Chef Trovato’s culinary magic in person twice a year at Blu. His iconic touch will then continue year-round via his on-site protégées, who will travel to Tuscany regularly to consolidate their learning at Arnolfo The Frame and further develop their own craft and passion.
The experience of The Frame will be further replicated at Blu via customized China wares and linens, plus a special vertical selection of Ornellaia, the legendary cabernet sauvignon-dominated Super Tuscan wine.
The General Manager and Regional Vice President Armando Kraenzlin said, “We are delighted to have Chef Trovato nurture our culinary and service talent in this way. As well as absorbing the knowledge of one of Italy’s most revered icons of culinary quality, it’s a chance for them to experience Italy and Tuscany first hand and become part of an international community of culinary and service professionals.”
Born and raised on a Sicilian farm, Trovato considers himself fortunate to have been taught to appreciate quality ingredients from a young age. “This collaboration is partly about paying that good fortune forward and fulfilling a long-held dream of inspiring the next generation of chefs,” he says.
Having earned his first Michelin star at 25, he takes great pride in encouraging young professionals “to find their unique path and way of expressing themselves through food.” His personal process includes drawing his creations prior to making them “as if they were real projections of architecture.” Sourcing exclusively from markets and small suppliers, he admits to being “moved emotionally by the raw materials” that underpin the “evolution of flavor.”
It’s a process of evolution that has echoes in the Planetary Wellness concept of Landaa Giraavaru, which ripples out from the Resort’s jungle heart, through its earth-focused wellness concept, AyurMa, and into its wide-reaching sustainability initiatives. Through investing in young Maldivian chefs and deepening their connection to local produce, the collaboration with Trovato is another strand in the Resort’s interwoven tapestry of care, conservation and community.
Chef Gaetano Trovato will be in residence at Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru from November 22 to 28, 2021 and from February 17 to 23, 2022.
To find out more about this unique collaboration and experience the Resort’s unique Planetary Wellbeing philosophy book online, email email@example.com or call the central reservations department of Four Seasons Resorts Maldives at tel: (960) 66 00 888.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 24.11.2022
- The Travel Calendar for November 2022 in the Maldives
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Kudadoo welcomes Hania, master of Wellness this holiday season
- Kandima Maldives resort announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas opens new Marine laboratory
- Capture Holiday Magic in Maldives and save up to 30% with Amari Havodda
- Coral Reef restoration at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives Resort Teams Up with Olive Ridley Project to Protect Turtles
- 7 reasons The Nautilus is Now One of the Maldives most exclusive hotels
- Maldives wins ‘Best Romantic Destination’ at T+L India’s Best Awards
- Vakkaru Maldives launches Jungle Cinema and Anguru Teppanyaki
- A round-up of the latest Cruise news
- Nova Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi hosts first workplace mental health awareness programme
- Make Dine Around to Complete the Holiday of Your Dreams in Maldives
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointment
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? November 2022
- Who pays the bills: People's Majlis approved TGST and GST Hike
- Celebrate your Romantic moments with ‘The Nooma Experience’ at Baros Maldives
- Latest News from Meeru Island, November 2022
- Manta Trust: What's New, November 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi launches Flying Dress photoshoot experience
- Why Vakkaru Maldives is the World’s Leading Luxury Honeymoon Resort
- Star performances and DJ sets at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Announces Collaboration with lifestyle Fashion brand
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
Best Experience: Water Villas, Family, Beach, Activities, Spa, Diving, snorkeling with manta raysFeaturing lush jungle interior and a sparkling 2-kilometre lagoon, Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru is a sophisticated Maldives resort with fantastic facilities situated on 44 acres of unspoilt tropical island in the remote Baa Atoll UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, just a 35-minute sea plane ride north of Male. If the cost don't bother you, you will not be disappointed in Four Seasons at Landaa Giraavaru. The combination of innovation, healthy lifestyles and environmental programs is all about the resort. A rare collection of all the best to see and do was featured and delivered by a team that has no equal in the hospitality industry. The clear waters surrounding Landaa Giraavaru are known worldwide as one of the best places for diving with whale sharks and Manta rays. The resourt leads the way in sustainable luxury living. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More