St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
07 May, 2021
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort has appointed Pedro Samper as it's new Executive Chef.
Bringing with him many years of industry experience, Chef Pedro will oversee and elevate all efforts at the resort’s already distinguished culinary scene.
His new menus were created with an emphasis on food trends, concepts, modern presentation and technique.
Guests can indulge in the season’s latest mouthwatering menu items and the delightfully vast range of dining options at the finest address in the Maldives, including Crust, Decanter, The Whale Bar, Cargo, Craft and the resort’s world-renowned signature restaurant, Alba.
Chef Pedro is a seasoned professional with an impressive background and over 20 years of experience in the industry.
Recognised for his traditional Spanish and Basque cuisine, his experience boasts years of international culinary excellence, with world-renowned chefs, restaurants, and luxury resorts.
From San Sebastian, Spain, Chef Pedro perfected his skills in some of Spain’s best Michelin-starred restaurants, including Martin Berasategui, Quique Dacosta, and Kokotxa.
He then served as Executive Chef at Paradores Resort, a luxury five-star property in Valencia, Spain.
Making a continental leap to Asia, Pedro has worked in Tokyo under the culinary mastery of Chef Yamamoto at RyuGin (three Michelin Stars) and Chef Honda at Zurriola restaurant (two Michelin stars).
Chef Pedro relocated as Executive Chef of Michelin-starred Zurriola Restaurant in Hong Kong.
Moving forward, Chef Pedro accepted the title of Executive Chef at The Langham, Hong Kong, where he oversaw the hotel’s western restaurants, including Palm Court, Artesian, The Bostonian, Main St. Deli and The Food Gallery, as well as in-room dining service and the events catering department.
Most recently, Chef Pedro served as the Executive Chef at St. Regis Kula Lumpur in Malaysia, overseeing all kitchen outlets and culinary operations including The Brasserie (Best top 20 Restaurants), The Drawing Room, Crystal, Astor Bar, as well as in-room dining service and the events catering department.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
Best Experience for: Overwater Villas, Families, Couples, spa
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort offers the famous St Regis brand contemporary style and the legendary luxurious services in one of the most magnificent destination in the world. The new St Regis resort is 40 minutes by seaplane from Velana (Male) airport towards the equator. The hotel is located on the private Vommuli island, Dhaalu Atoll, and is surrounded by pristine white beaches with a beautiful lagoon and sparkling turquoise waters. The resort has 77 luxurious villas, each with original design, modern forms, natural materials and a fine color palette. There is a spa, an infinity pool (if the private pool on the terrace of your room is not enough for you), PADI diving center and a collection of fabulous restaurants. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More