St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
07 May, 2021
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort has appointed Pedro Samper as it's new Executive Chef.
Bringing with him many years of industry experience, Chef Pedro will oversee and elevate all efforts at the resort’s already distinguished culinary scene.
His new menus were created with an emphasis on food trends, concepts, modern presentation and technique.
Guests can indulge in the season’s latest mouthwatering menu items and the delightfully vast range of dining options at the finest address in the Maldives, including Crust, Decanter, The Whale Bar, Cargo, Craft and the resort’s world-renowned signature restaurant, Alba.
Chef Pedro is a seasoned professional with an impressive background and over 20 years of experience in the industry.
Recognised for his traditional Spanish and Basque cuisine, his experience boasts years of international culinary excellence, with world-renowned chefs, restaurants, and luxury resorts.
From San Sebastian, Spain, Chef Pedro perfected his skills in some of Spain’s best Michelin-starred restaurants, including Martin Berasategui, Quique Dacosta, and Kokotxa.
He then served as Executive Chef at Paradores Resort, a luxury five-star property in Valencia, Spain.
Making a continental leap to Asia, Pedro has worked in Tokyo under the culinary mastery of Chef Yamamoto at RyuGin (three Michelin Stars) and Chef Honda at Zurriola restaurant (two Michelin stars).
Chef Pedro relocated as Executive Chef of Michelin-starred Zurriola Restaurant in Hong Kong.
Moving forward, Chef Pedro accepted the title of Executive Chef at The Langham, Hong Kong, where he oversaw the hotel’s western restaurants, including Palm Court, Artesian, The Bostonian, Main St. Deli and The Food Gallery, as well as in-room dining service and the events catering department.
Most recently, Chef Pedro served as the Executive Chef at St. Regis Kula Lumpur in Malaysia, overseeing all kitchen outlets and culinary operations including The Brasserie (Best top 20 Restaurants), The Drawing Room, Crystal, Astor Bar, as well as in-room dining service and the events catering department.
Recent Posts 12.06.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- These Maldives resorts offers free PCR test
- Dine Sustainably at Amilla Maldives
- Komandoo Maldives welcomes back Christian Wiedenmann as Executive chef
- 10 Maldives All-Inclusive resorts with Food Worth Traveling for
- InterContinental Maldives crowned as “Best Hotel Architecture, Maldives” at the Asia Pacific Property Awards
- Atmosphere Hotels works up sustainable tourism initiatives
- Rejuvenate Body and Spirit on a Wellness Staycation at Fairmont Maldives
- Sun Siyam Iru Veli celebrates a double win on TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Awards
- Qatar Airways to Resume Flights to Sharjah, United Arab of Emirates with a Daily Flight
- LUX* South Ari Atoll appoints Patrice Aira as General Manager
- Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, Angsana Ihuru appoints Kanruethai Roongruang as New General Manager
- Boost Your Well-Being on Vacation at Marriott Bonvoy resorts in Maldives
- Experience Good Travel with debut of The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands
- CROSSROADS Maldives crowned at Asia Pacific Property Awards 2021-22
- Meet the new face of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Enjoy Family Camp-Cation at Hard Rock Hotel Maldives
- Mövenpick Maldives towards resort for a Sustainable Escape
- LUX* Resorts Collection celebrates Global Wellness Day
- Your Freedom Awaits : Adaaran Prestige Vadoo Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
Best Experience for: Overwater Villas, Families, Couples, spa
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort offers the famous St Regis brand contemporary style and the legendary luxurious services in one of the most magnificent destination in the world. The new St Regis resort is 40 minutes by seaplane from Velana (Male) airport towards the equator. The hotel is located on the private Vommuli island, Dhaalu Atoll, and is surrounded by pristine white beaches with a beautiful lagoon and sparkling turquoise waters. The resort has 77 luxurious villas, each with original design, modern forms, natural materials and a fine color palette. There is a spa, an infinity pool (if the private pool on the terrace of your room is not enough for you), PADI diving center and a collection of fabulous restaurants. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More