St. Regis Maldives appoints Pedro Samper as Executive Chef
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
07 May, 2021
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort has appointed Pedro Samper as it's new Executive Chef.
Bringing with him many years of industry experience, Chef Pedro will oversee and elevate all efforts at the resort’s already distinguished culinary scene.
His new menus were created with an emphasis on food trends, concepts, modern presentation and technique.
Guests can indulge in the season’s latest mouthwatering menu items and the delightfully vast range of dining options at the finest address in the Maldives, including Crust, Decanter, The Whale Bar, Cargo, Craft and the resort’s world-renowned signature restaurant, Alba.
Chef Pedro is a seasoned professional with an impressive background and over 20 years of experience in the industry.
Recognised for his traditional Spanish and Basque cuisine, his experience boasts years of international culinary excellence, with world-renowned chefs, restaurants, and luxury resorts.
From San Sebastian, Spain, Chef Pedro perfected his skills in some of Spain’s best Michelin-starred restaurants, including Martin Berasategui, Quique Dacosta, and Kokotxa.
He then served as Executive Chef at Paradores Resort, a luxury five-star property in Valencia, Spain.
Making a continental leap to Asia, Pedro has worked in Tokyo under the culinary mastery of Chef Yamamoto at RyuGin (three Michelin Stars) and Chef Honda at Zurriola restaurant (two Michelin stars).
Chef Pedro relocated as Executive Chef of Michelin-starred Zurriola Restaurant in Hong Kong.
Moving forward, Chef Pedro accepted the title of Executive Chef at The Langham, Hong Kong, where he oversaw the hotel’s western restaurants, including Palm Court, Artesian, The Bostonian, Main St. Deli and The Food Gallery, as well as in-room dining service and the events catering department.
Most recently, Chef Pedro served as the Executive Chef at St. Regis Kula Lumpur in Malaysia, overseeing all kitchen outlets and culinary operations including The Brasserie (Best top 20 Restaurants), The Drawing Room, Crystal, Astor Bar, as well as in-room dining service and the events catering department.
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort
Best Experience for: Overwater Villas, Families, Couples, spa
The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort offers the famous St Regis brand contemporary style and the legendary luxurious services in one of the most magnificent destination in the world. The new St Regis resort is 40 minutes by seaplane from Velana (Male) airport towards the equator. The hotel is located on the private Vommuli island, Dhaalu Atoll, and is surrounded by pristine white beaches with a beautiful lagoon and sparkling turquoise waters. The resort has 77 luxurious villas, each with original design, modern forms, natural materials and a fine color palette. There is a spa, an infinity pool (if the private pool on the terrace of your room is not enough for you), PADI diving center and a collection of fabulous restaurants. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More