Qatar Airways expands U.S. network to 12 destinations and over 85 weekly flights
30 May, 2021
Qatar Airways’ resumption of four-weekly Atlanta flights on June 1 marks the full return of the airline’s pre-pandemic US network increasing its gateways to 12, two more than it operated before Covid-19.
The airline will also be increasing frequencies to Boston, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle offering more flexible travel options for its passengers with more than 85 weekly flights across the United States.
These increased services will provide enhanced connectivity to several of the airline’s global leisure destinations including Cape Town, Maldives, Seychelles and Zanzibar, along with other key traffic flows in Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, HE Akbar al-Baker said, “Despite the challenges of the pandemic, Qatar Airways has remained committed to its passengers and trade partners in the United States, maintaining continuous services while rebuilding its US network and launching two new destinations -- San Francisco and Seattle.
We have also strengthened our presence in the U.S. through strategic partnerships with Alaska Airlines, American Airlines and JetBlue that have enabled us to connect to more points in the United States than any other airline, providing U.S. travellers the most convenient way to travel internationally this summer.
“As more of our passengers return to the skies, they can take comfort knowing that they are travelling with the only airline in the world that has, together with our state-of-the-art global hub Hamad International Airport, achieved four 5-Star Skytrax ratings – including the prestigious 5-Star Airline Rating, 5-Star Airport Rating, 5-Star COVID-19 Airline Safety Rating and 5-Star COVID-19 Airport Safety Rating. We are proud to have lead the industry during this difficult period, setting the benchmark for innovation, safety and customer service, and look forward to welcoming our customers back on board as they plan their summer travels.”
Americas Network Enhancements:
Atlanta – Four weekly flights resuming 1 June
Boston – Increasing to four weekly flights from 3 July
Miami – Increasing to five weekly flights from 7 July
New York – Increasing to double daily flights from 21 July
Philadelphia – Increasing to five weekly flights from 2 July
Sao Paulo – Increasing to double daily flights from 6 August
San Francisco – Increasing to daily flights from 2 July
Seattle – Increasing to daily flights from 8 July
Qatar Airways operates one of the youngest, most fuel efficient fleets in the sky, and is committed to delivering a sustainable and environmentally-responsible travel experience for its customers. Due to COVID-19’s impact on travel demand, the airline has grounded its fleet of Airbus A380s as it is not environmentally justifiable to operate such a large, four-engine aircraft in the current market. Qatar Airways has also recently launched a new programme that enables passengers to voluntarily offset the carbon emissions associated with their journey at the point of booking.
About Qatar Airways:
A multiple award-winning airline, Qatar Airways was named ‘World’s Best Airline’ by the 2019 World Airline Awards, managed by international air transport rating organisation Skytrax. It was also named ‘Best Airline in the Middle East’, ‘World’s Best Business Class’ and ‘Best Business Class Seat’, in recognition of its ground-breaking Business Class experience, Qsuite. Qatar Airways is the only airline to have been awarded the coveted “Skytrax Airline of the Year” title, which is recognised as the pinnacle of excellence in the airline industry, five times.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Airports of The Maldives
Maldives, the most dispersed country on the planet with 1,192 islands spread over roughly 90,000 square kilometres, already has 13 airports, including four international airports. Honeymoon islands with white sandy beaches and beautiful blue lagoons surrounded by turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean pleasing to the eye already on the airplane board before landing at one of the airports of the Maldives.
Over a million tourists from across the globe visit the Indian Ocean island nation every year to holiday in one of the 120 resorts and 300 plus guesthouses located in all corners of the country. The multi-billion dollar tourism industry, which is the country’s main economic activity, relies heavily on the domestic transport infrastructure, especially air travel. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More