Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
Best Exclusive Resorts in the Maldives
11 Nov, 2020
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes guests to celebrate Christmas and ring in the New Year with its ‘Extravaganza’ festive programme, a bright calendar of adventure, music, colour and wellness.
From 16nd December to 15th January 2021, the twin-island resort situated in the Maldives’ remote and pristine Gaafu Alifu Atoll will play host to a range of experts, presenting a non-stop programme of adventure and unique dining experiences.
Among Extravaganza’s many highlights will be a succession of performances by Cuban salsa band Sweet Habana and an opportunity to learn the art of Maldivian music, Boduberu, as well as the country’s dance culture with Master Abdul Wadhood.
For the first time in Maldives, one of the world’s best free divers Bastien Soleil (France) will offer guests a chance to discover the beauty of freediving amongst the endlessly fascinating reefs. Bastien will be in residency from 16th December to 15th January, to share his extensive expertise garnered during the 1000 dives he takes each year.
Adventure aplenty, guests catch their dream fish with Big Game Fishing Master Mikhail Karpovich who is on-site to guide enthusiasts through the resort’s healthy reefs, allowing the opportunity to dine on a fresh catch at Firepit, amongst a sunken table and seating that has been carved from the sand – the first restaurant of its kind in the country.
Guests can discover and understand one of Mother Nature’s most beautiful masterpieces with the resort’s passionate resident marine biologist. With extensive knowledge about the marine ecosystem, Giulia Pellizzato will be on hand to connect visitors directly with the underwater environment through a unique Marine Discovery program and snorkelling tours.
Also joining Extravaganza is Deependra Singh, Indian Yoga Master who is on-site to unite breathing, meditation, and movement, enhancing an overall sense of mindfulness, health and wellbeing, as well as increasing flexibility and decreasing stress levels. Whether it be a private session from the villa or a sunrise awakening from the spa deck, Mr. Singh is on-hand to guide guests through Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Prananyama or meditation.
Extravaganza presents themed evenings and delectable dining experiences – from Christmas Eve Dinner, Welcoming Santa Claus, Turkish and Mediterranean dinner parties, and a New Year gala dinner. Additional entertainment will include belly and fire dancers, circus performers, nightly DJ performances by DJ Majesty and Flamenco shows.
The gastronomic journey – from special breakfasts, lunches, or dinner – will take setting amongst the property’s varied dining offerings. Among them, The Firepit is an outdoor barbecue restaurant set directly on the shore for uninterrupted views of the starlit sky; for fine dining soundtracked by gently lapping waves, while the overwater Yuzu restaurant makes judicious use of the best sustainably sourced local fish to serve exceptional Nikkei cuisine. For a New Year’s Eve cocktail, the Long Bar’s Maldives Sling is a golden blend of gin, grapefruit, coconut, cinnamon and clove that mirrors the Maldivian sunset.
The resort offers a unique collection of expansive villas, each beach and overwater residence come with a large marble bathtub, private pool and outdoor shower, with the newly built 1,700 square metre Royal Residence ready to play host to up 15 guests. The Raffles’ legendary service reaches new heights at this exclusive Indian Ocean hideaway, too: dedicated Marine Butlers are on hand to lead snorkelling tours of the resort’s two wondrous house reefs (home to Apollo and friends, the 20 resident hawksbill and green turtles) and Children’s Butlers are on standby to meet the needs of younger guests.
View the full Festive Programme here.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Hose Reef Snorkeling, Diving
A hidden gem with unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, the 21-villa beach island experience in the rare Maldivian oasis of Gaafu Alifu Atoll is AccorHotels’ fourth property in the Maldives and the first under the Raffles brand. Located at the southern end of the Maldives archipelago, near the equator on the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, the resort is accessible by a 55-minute domestic flight from Velana International Airport followed by 15-minute speedboat ride from Kaadedhdhoo Airport.
Offering two distinct experiences for those seeking a private get-away or simply to enjoy the natural pristine water surroundings, the Raffles Maldives Meradhoo featuring Beach Villas and Beach Residences that offer private pools, generous living spaces and lavish marble bathroom with a sunken bathtub and outdoor shower. The Raffles Royal Residence and a secluded collection of Overwater Villas and Residences, which lies adjacent to one of the vibrant house reefs in the Maldives. Guests can relish a range of rich gastronomic delights served at the five restaurants and bars. Set over the water, the award-winning Raffles Spa offers a private escape opening doors to discovery with authentic treatment expressions. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More