Raffles Maldives Meradhoo to host Maldives’ first Cuban fiesta is Full of Surprises
Best Exclusive Resorts in the Maldives
27 October, 2019
It's the most wonderful time of the year, and to celebrate its very first festive season, Raffles Maldives Meradhoo is hosting a celebration like no other to host Maldives’ first Cuban fiesta is full of surprises.
Start from 28th December to 1st January, this idyllic resort in the Maldives' remote and pristine Gaafu Alifu Atoll will draw inspiration from the colour and glamour of Cuba's golden age to host Revolution, an exuberant festival of movement, music and wellness. From awe-inspiring dances on water to a non-stop programme of events and an array of surprises will make this holiday one to remember forever.
Amongst Revolution’s many highlights will be a succession of performances by Cuban-born, New York-based singer, bandleader, composer and dancer Chino Pons. An authority on Son Cubano music, Chino also draws inspiration from cha-cha-cha, bolero, yambu and more to perform joyous, energetic sets that will undoubtedly get the whole resort rumba-ing and rolling.
Dancing is also encouraged by Cuban-born performer Yesenia Fernandez Selier, who will host welcoming dance classes — if one of your new year’s resolutions is to move more, then this is an exceptional way to get started. Her exceptional agility can be admired from the most staggering of settings too. Erected solely for the festive period, an incredible floating island with its own palm tree, hammock and even waterfall will be converted from a gently bobbing sun deck by day to a stage come night. After the sun has set over the soft sands of Meradhoo, guests can watch in wonder as she moves magnetically upon the water.
Nightly DJ performances come courtesy of German duo Rob & Flo, with the New Year’s Eve party celebration reverberating the spectacular sound of the conga drums and the sultry spirit of Havana. Meanwhile, the days are reserved for full relaxation and regeneration.
Also joining Revolution is Dr Buathon Thienarrom, the founder of Thailand’s Sukkasart Institute of Healing Arts. Dedicated to enhancing the health of body, mind and spirit, she will draw from practices including Himalayan sound therapy, Taoism, Tibetan medicine and sleep therapy to induce in guests a sense of supreme restoration. For those who are concluding 2019 somewhat worse for wear, her healing hands promise a new start and fresh hope over the year to come.
Devised by Gabriel Doucet Donida, art director and co-founder of Atelier Voyage, the entire Revolution festive programme can be seen here, but don’t forget that there’s much more to enjoy at Raffles Maldives Meradhoo besides.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Hose Reef Snorkeling, Diving
A hidden gem with unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, the 21-villa beach island experience in the rare Maldivian oasis of Gaafu Alifu Atoll is AccorHotels’ fourth property in the Maldives and the first under the Raffles brand. Located at the southern end of the Maldives archipelago, near the equator on the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, the resort is accessible by a 55-minute domestic flight from Velana International Airport followed by 15-minute speedboat ride from Kaadedhdhoo Airport.
Offering two distinct experiences for those seeking a private get-away or simply to enjoy the natural pristine water surroundings, the Raffles Maldives Meradhoo featuring Beach Villas and Beach Residences that offer private pools, generous living spaces and lavish marble bathroom with a sunken bathtub and outdoor shower. The Raffles Royal Residence and a secluded collection of Overwater Villas and Residences, which lies adjacent to one of the vibrant house reefs in the Maldives. Guests can relish a range of rich gastronomic delights served at the five restaurants and bars. Set over the water, the award-winning Raffles Spa offers a private escape opening doors to discovery with authentic treatment expressions. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More