Raffles Maldives Meradhoo to host Maldives’ first Cuban fiesta is Full of Surprises
Best Exclusive Resorts in the Maldives
27 October, 2019
It's the most wonderful time of the year, and to celebrate its very first festive season, Raffles Maldives Meradhoo is hosting a celebration like no other to host Maldives’ first Cuban fiesta is full of surprises.
Start from 28th December to 1st January, this idyllic resort in the Maldives' remote and pristine Gaafu Alifu Atoll will draw inspiration from the colour and glamour of Cuba's golden age to host Revolution, an exuberant festival of movement, music and wellness. From awe-inspiring dances on water to a non-stop programme of events and an array of surprises will make this holiday one to remember forever.
Amongst Revolution’s many highlights will be a succession of performances by Cuban-born, New York-based singer, bandleader, composer and dancer Chino Pons. An authority on Son Cubano music, Chino also draws inspiration from cha-cha-cha, bolero, yambu and more to perform joyous, energetic sets that will undoubtedly get the whole resort rumba-ing and rolling.
Dancing is also encouraged by Cuban-born performer Yesenia Fernandez Selier, who will host welcoming dance classes — if one of your new year’s resolutions is to move more, then this is an exceptional way to get started. Her exceptional agility can be admired from the most staggering of settings too. Erected solely for the festive period, an incredible floating island with its own palm tree, hammock and even waterfall will be converted from a gently bobbing sun deck by day to a stage come night. After the sun has set over the soft sands of Meradhoo, guests can watch in wonder as she moves magnetically upon the water.
Nightly DJ performances come courtesy of German duo Rob & Flo, with the New Year’s Eve party celebration reverberating the spectacular sound of the conga drums and the sultry spirit of Havana. Meanwhile, the days are reserved for full relaxation and regeneration.
Also joining Revolution is Dr Buathon Thienarrom, the founder of Thailand’s Sukkasart Institute of Healing Arts. Dedicated to enhancing the health of body, mind and spirit, she will draw from practices including Himalayan sound therapy, Taoism, Tibetan medicine and sleep therapy to induce in guests a sense of supreme restoration. For those who are concluding 2019 somewhat worse for wear, her healing hands promise a new start and fresh hope over the year to come.
Devised by Gabriel Doucet Donida, art director and co-founder of Atelier Voyage, the entire Revolution festive programme can be seen here, but don’t forget that there’s much more to enjoy at Raffles Maldives Meradhoo besides.
Recent Posts 16.09.2020
- Seaside Finolhu Ready to Open Following Exciting Transformation
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Emperor Maldives starts 'Lucky Trip' offer with guaranteed liveaboard spot
- Soneva launches Virtual Wine Tasting
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives joins to the world’s best travel advisors, Virtuoso
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives features new butler concept
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Sheraton Maldives reopens 1st October with enhanced Сleanliness and Hygiene precautions
- Huvafen Fushi became a member the Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- The Nautilus Maldives Special Offers, packages for everyone
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi appoints Ricardo Leal as General Manager
- Top 10 Things to Do at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 10 Most Amazing Places for Travel Photo in Maldives
- 10 Reasons You Should Add Waldorf Astoria Maldives to Your 2021 Bucket List
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guest Houses to Reopen from 15 October
- 10 Reasons Why We Love Diving Safari in The Maldives
- Kandima Maldives Announces the ‘Bring It On’ before re-opening 1st September
- Safaris in the Maldives Allowed to Restart Operations
- Soneva Fushi Opens New One - and Two-bedroom Over-Water Villas
- Experience The Ultimate All-Inclusive Holiday at Emerald Maldives
- The Best Local Islands for Budget Family Holiday
- Create the Perfect Holiday Itinerary Before You Travel to Kuredu Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Hose Reef Snorkeling, Diving
A hidden gem with unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, the 21-villa beach island experience in the rare Maldivian oasis of Gaafu Alifu Atoll is AccorHotels’ fourth property in the Maldives and the first under the Raffles brand. Located at the southern end of the Maldives archipelago, near the equator on the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, the resort is accessible by a 55-minute domestic flight from Velana International Airport followed by 15-minute speedboat ride from Kaadedhdhoo Airport.
Offering two distinct experiences for those seeking a private get-away or simply to enjoy the natural pristine water surroundings, the Raffles Maldives Meradhoo featuring Beach Villas and Beach Residences that offer private pools, generous living spaces and lavish marble bathroom with a sunken bathtub and outdoor shower. The Raffles Royal Residence and a secluded collection of Overwater Villas and Residences, which lies adjacent to one of the vibrant house reefs in the Maldives. Guests can relish a range of rich gastronomic delights served at the five restaurants and bars. Set over the water, the award-winning Raffles Spa offers a private escape opening doors to discovery with authentic treatment expressions. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More