Raffles Maldives Meradhoo offers Whale Shark encounters
Best Luxury Hotels with Extraordinary Experiences in the Maldives
25 Jan, 2021
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo adds exciiting new experience to their plethora of once in a life time: Whale Shark encounters.
This year, the luxury resort invites marine-life enthusiasts to marvel at the sight of whale sharks in the healthy reefs of the Gaafu Alifu Atoll.
The new experience will take guests out on a traditional Dhoni across the warm Indian Ocean to meet the magnificent spotted sharks which are up to 12 metres in length.
Guests can embark on this bespoke journey and expect to encounter up to three whale sharks, the largest fish in the world.
The Raffles marine-life biologist will be on-hand to equate guests with the incredible creatures, as well as identify passing sea life – including turtles, dolphins, and manta rays, all rich in the vast expanse of ocean.
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo has been welcoming travellers in search of true tranquillity and complete escapism since its opening in 2019, and offers access to some of the most pristine reefs in the Maldives.
A Marine Butler is available to every guest and will happily lead snorkelling tours of the resort’s two remarkable and endlessly fascinating house reefs.
Gaafu Alifu atoll is one of the world’s largest and deepest atolls and the astoundingly clear, blissfully warm waters immediately surrounding the Raffles resort teem with a kaleidoscope of colourful fish.
The Whale Shark Encounter at Raffles Maldives Meradhoo is available to book now and is USD 500++ per person (rate is subject to 10% service charge and 12% government taxes). The two-hour encounter starts in the evening and includes an extensive array of canapés and beverages.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Hose Reef Snorkeling, Diving
A hidden gem with unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, the 21-villa beach island experience in the rare Maldivian oasis of Gaafu Alifu Atoll is AccorHotels’ fourth property in the Maldives and the first under the Raffles brand. Located at the southern end of the Maldives archipelago, near the equator on the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, the resort is accessible by a 55-minute domestic flight from Velana International Airport followed by 15-minute speedboat ride from Kaadedhdhoo Airport.
Offering two distinct experiences for those seeking a private get-away or simply to enjoy the natural pristine water surroundings, the Raffles Maldives Meradhoo featuring Beach Villas and Beach Residences that offer private pools, generous living spaces and lavish marble bathroom with a sunken bathtub and outdoor shower. The Raffles Royal Residence and a secluded collection of Overwater Villas and Residences, which lies adjacent to one of the vibrant house reefs in the Maldives. Guests can relish a range of rich gastronomic delights served at the five restaurants and bars. Set over the water, the award-winning Raffles Spa offers a private escape opening doors to discovery with authentic treatment expressions. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More