Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Unveils New Overwater Villas
Best Exclusive Resorts in the Maldives
16 September, 2019
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo has opened 16 new overwater villas.
The resort, which soft-opened in May, is located at the southern tip of the Maldives in the remote and pristine Gaafu Alifu Atoll. Raffles Maldives Meradhoo’s Overwater Island Experience completes the resort for their official opening on 22nd September. With its vast overwater villas and residences, sophisticated Nikkei restaurant Yuzu and sunset-facing Yapa pool bar, it provides unparalleled luxury.
The resort informs that all the facilities of the resort will be at their full disposal by their grand opening. A unique offering, a Marine Butler is available to every guest and will lead snorkelling tours of the resort’s two fascinating house reefs. Gaafu Alifu atoll is one of the world’s largest and deepest atolls and the astoundingly clear, blissfully warm waters immediately surrounding the Raffles resort teem with a kaleidoscope of colourful fish. Guests are encouraged to keep an eye out for Apollo, one of the 20 resident hawksbill and green turtles that regularly swim by to say hello.
“For couples looking for an unforgettable romantic hideaway, our exceptionally spacious villas and the discreet expertise of the Raffles butler service redefines the resort experience. From intimate dining with our private chef service to snorkelling and diving in the world’s most breathtaking coral reefs, we create a place where guests can enjoy the best of both worlds in a destination known for its stunning surroundings,” said Oliver Larcher, General Manager of Raffles Maldives Meradhoo.
On the beach island, the overwater Raffles Spa combines Eastern practices with age-old local influences and offers highly personalised facials by Biologique Recherche; rejuvenating body treatments from Aromatherapy Associates; and signature manicure and pedicure services by Margaret Dabbs London. An expansive gym caters to all fitness levels; yoga sessions are held on an ocean-facing deck; a jogging route winds its way along with gardens abloom with hibiscus and bougainvillaea; visiting practitioners will lead practise sessions in tai chi, mindfulness and more.
Relaxed feet-in-the-sand dining is encouraged at Raffles Maldives Meradhoo. The Firepit is an outdoor barbecue restaurant where hearty seafood and meat specialities such as spicy lobster with green papaya and tender beef tenderloin are flame-grilled over the charcoal fire. The tables and chairs carved from the sand are set directly on the shore for uninterrupted views of the starlit skyline. Starting with healthy smoothies and freshly baked pastries, breakfast is a highlight at the all-day international restaurant Thari. Paying homage to its namesake at Raffles Singapore, guests can enjoy the signature Maldives Sling at the Long Bar which features a special concoction of gin, grapefruit, coconut, cinnamon and clove that mirrors the Maldivian evening sunset.
Accommodation at Raffles Maldives Meradhoo starts at US$1800 per night, including taxes and service charge, breakfast and complimentary speedboat transfers from Kaadedhdhoo Airport. An hour’s domestic flight south of Malé International Airport to Kaadhedhdhoo Airport is chargeable at US$500 net per person roundtrip.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo
Best Experience: Couples, Water Villas, Hose Reef Snorkeling, Diving
A hidden gem with unparalleled views of the Indian Ocean, the 21-villa beach island experience in the rare Maldivian oasis of Gaafu Alifu Atoll is AccorHotels’ fourth property in the Maldives and the first under the Raffles brand. Located at the southern end of the Maldives archipelago, near the equator on the Gaafu Alifu Atoll, the resort is accessible by a 55-minute domestic flight from Velana International Airport followed by 15-minute speedboat ride from Kaadedhdhoo Airport.
Offering two distinct experiences for those seeking a private get-away or simply to enjoy the natural pristine water surroundings, the Raffles Maldives Meradhoo featuring Beach Villas and Beach Residences that offer private pools, generous living spaces and lavish marble bathroom with a sunken bathtub and outdoor shower. The Raffles Royal Residence and a secluded collection of Overwater Villas and Residences, which lies adjacent to one of the vibrant house reefs in the Maldives. Guests can relish a range of rich gastronomic delights served at the five restaurants and bars. Set over the water, the award-winning Raffles Spa offers a private escape opening doors to discovery with authentic treatment expressions. READ FULL REVIEW
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More