Royal Caribbean announces new 'world's largest cruise ship'
Luxury Cruise Guide
03 Sep, 2021
Royal Caribbean International has shared additional details on its new ship, Wonder of the Seas, which will be the world’s largest cruise ship when it launches.
In a video shared on Facebook by Royal Caribbean president and CEO Michael Bayley, Wonder of the Seas—currently under construction in Saint-Nazaire, France—is the fifth ship in the Royal Caribbean’s Oasis Class; it will be nearly 1,200 feet long, 210 feet wide and almost 237,000 gross tons. That’s enough space for 18 decks and 2,867 staterooms that accommodate up to 5,734 guests.
Guests can expect signature Oasis Class features, as well as a slew of new experiences. Some highlights, according to the video, are the Solarium, which is now fully enclosed to climatize the space; the AquaTheater entertainment venue at the rear of the ship, which will have a partial shelter for cooler temperatures; and the Ultimate Abyss, a three-story waterslide touted as the tallest at sea.
Inside, dining venues include Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar, Park Café and the Casino Royale. An Oasis Class mainstay is the open-air Central Park, lined with upscale boutiques and restaurants, like Chops Grille. The Boardwalk (home to the AqauTheater) will also have a selection of casual eats, entertainment and “family fun,” including a carousel.
Good to know: Wonder of the Seas will be home to a new stateroom category, the Suite Neighborhood. This is located atop the ship and will offer guests exclusive experiences and amenities, such as dining at Coastal Kitchen.
The ship will make its debut in March 2022; it will sail itineraries throughout Asia. All departures leave from either Shanghai or Hong Kong and visit such destinations as Okinawa, Fukuoka, Ishigaki, Kyoto (Osaka), Kochi and Miyazaki (Aburatsu), Japan, as well as Hue/Danang (Chan May), Vietnam and Taipei (Keelung), Taiwan.Find Great Cruise Deals
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
CruiseDirect is a leading online cruise travel company dedicated to providing customers with better deals than any other cruise website and access to great deals on cruise vacations. Offering special rates and savings on cruise bookings with some of the most popular cruise lines in the world, we are so confident in our cruise packages that each and every deal is backed by a price guarantee. You won't find these prices on other cruise booking sites.
Since 2001, we've helped our customers find the perfect cruise packages and book dream cruise vacations for less. We are a cruise finder and booking website committed to helping you research all your cruise travel options to find a cruise that fits what you're looking for. After you find a cruise the perfect cruise, make your reservation with our cutting-edge booking engine. We are the best site to book a cruise with because we are driven by our passion for cruise ship travel. Book a cruise today and enjoy the excitement of cruising the world with us! Find Great Cruise Deals
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More