Sheraton Maldives introduces Podcast Channel
Best Luxury Resorts in The Maldives
11 March, 2021
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa has introduced “Women Empower Women” podcast channel.
In conjunction with International Women’s Day, the resort released its first ever podcast episode. Themed “Women Empower Women”, the podcast discusses gender equality in the Maldives and the impact of Marriott International as a global force behind driving women’s empowerment. Joining the conversation are three panellists, each one accredited as experts in their field: Rivero Delgado, Area Vice President for Singapore, Malaysia and Maldives of Marriott International; Yasmeen Rasheed, Assistant Resident Representative of the Democratic Governance Unit, United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Maldives; and Aysha Hussain Shihab from Hope for Women, a non-governmental organization (NGO) working for gender equality and women’s rights in the Maldives.
With an emphasis on community, these series explore a wide range of topics that range from diversity inclusion, gender equality, sustainability initiatives as well as lifestyle, travel, dining, and vacationing in the Maldives. “We hope to provide listeners with a glimpse of who we are, not just as hoteliers but as people who live, work and help build communities. We hope to offer a taste of our piece of haven here in the Maldives” remarked Emilio Fortini, general manager of the resort. The monthly podcast series will be made available on Spotify. Click here to listen in.
About United Nations Development Program Maldives
UNDP has been a trusted development partner of the Maldives for over 40 years. Among other important issues, one of the key priorities has been to help achieve the eradication of poverty, inequality, and discrimination. More information can be found on https://www.mv.undp.org/
About Hope For Women
Hope for Women (HFW) is a non-governmental organization in the Maldives, registered in 2010, working towards ending all forms of violence against women and domestic violence, while also promoting gender equality and women’s participation in public life. HFW’s activities are mostly project-based with funding from few well-wishing individuals and organizations. However, it is exploring other avenues for resource mobilization to sustain the functioning of the organization and expand the scope of its work, in particular impacting public policy and improving outreach. For more information please visit the official website at http://hopeforwomen.org.mv/.
About Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is situated on the private island of Furanafushi in the Republic of Maldives, a 15-minute speedboat ride away from Velana International Airport. The resort is among the first resorts to offer complimentary transfers to its discerning guests. The five-star resort offers 176 guest rooms designed to blend into the surrounding turquoise waters, pristine beaches and lush greenery. In addition to 7 unique restaurants and bars, the Shine Spa for Sheraton located on its very own island and 3 outdoor tropical fresh water pools, the resort caters for all guests and is the perfect destination for honeymooners, families with young children or teens and solo travellers alike.
Nightly rates at Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa (http://sheratonmaldives.com/; +960 664 2010) start from $400/£315 per night based on 2 people sharing a Deluxe Garden View King Room on a B&B basis.
About Marriott International
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 7,400 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 134 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company offers Marriott Bonvoy™, its highly awarded travel program. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Family, Beach, Spa, Value
Featuring elegantly planned and luxuriously furnished rooms, Sheraton Maldives Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is an affordable 5-star family getaway in 15 minutes by boat from Male airport. Welcome to paradise. With everything you might expect from your sun soaked holiday to the Indian Ocean, the newly renovated Sheraton Maldives is positively picturesque and surrounded by calm blue seas. The world renowned brand is not quite as natural a fit for the Maldives as W but it exudes a solid affluence and makes a guest feel special on the small island with a rustic atmosphere.
The five-star resort offers 176 guest rooms designed to blend into the surrounding turquoise waters, pristine beaches and lush greenery. Also boasting seven unique restaurants and bars, the Shine Spa for Sheraton –located on its very own island — and three outdoor tropical fresh water pools, the resort caters for all guests and is the perfect destination for honeymooners, families with young children or teens and solo travellers alike. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More