Sheraton Maldives reopens 1st October 2020 with enhanced Сleanliness and Hygiene precautions
Best Luxury Family Resorts in Maldives
09 September, 2020
Good news for Marriott Bonvoy members and globetrotters! Sheraton Maldives Full Moon is excited to announce the reopening of resort in the Maldives on 1st October 2020 with enhanced cleanliness and hygiene measures.
“We are thrilled to be welcoming our guests back to Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa,” said Emilio Fortini, general manager. “October marks the beginning of the alluring winter season. Typically, a high-demand period for Maldives. The safety of our guests has always been our utmost priority. In the past few months, we have been working vigorously on resort enhancements and we look forward to be serving our guests with confidence!”
Maldives’ signature “one-island-one-resort” concept makes it convenient for guests to maintain social distancing, whilst enjoying a truly safe and secluded holiday. Furanafushi is one of the few larger islands in North Male Atoll, enabling the resort to enjoy a wide layout with ample of space between facilities . It’s proximity to the country’s main gateway Velana International Airport is an added advantage as it minimizes time spent traveling in confined spaces.
In addition to its advantageous natural setting and already high cleaning standards, Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa follows the guidance outlined by Marriott’s Commitment to Clean. Key elements include:
- Starting with public spaces and high-traffic areas, all surfaces are cleaned with increased frequency, dedicated staff and recommended cleaning agents.
- Elevated cleaning processes in guest rooms, to thoroughly clean all surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants. Disinfecting wipes are placed in each room for guests’ use.
- Signage in public spaces to remind guests to maintain social distancing
- Hand sanitising stations at key entrances, front desks, recreational and dining venues.
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is situated on the private Furana island in the Republic of Maldives, a 15-minute speedboat ride from Velana International Airport.
The five-star resort offers 176 guest rooms designed to blend into the surrounding turquoise waters, pristine beaches and lush greenery. In addition to 7 unique restaurants and bars, Shine Spa for Sheraton located on its very own island and 3 outdoor tropical freshwater pools, the resort caters to all guests and is the perfect destination for honeymooners, families with young children or teens and solo travelers alike.
The resort completed a $20 Million renovation by 2019 that saw enhancements to all facilities including guest rooms, dining venues and recreation.
Recent Posts 06.03.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Experience fun family vacations in the Maldives with latest hotel deals and special offers!
- Enjoy Fantastic Vacation in Maldives 2021 with Crown & Champa Resorts special offers
- Anantara Kihavah unveils collection of Luxury Private Pool Residences
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives has announced its partnership with Jean-Michel Cousteau
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO hosts Indian Celebrity wedding
- LUX* Maldives Luxury Resorts announces new appointments
- Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with Ministry of Crabs
- 5 Romantic Ways to enjoy Mirihi Island
- 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
- Discover an Unique places to Stay in the Maldives
- Maldives named world’s most Instagrammed tourist location
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Family, Beach, Spa, Value
Featuring elegantly planned and luxuriously furnished rooms, Sheraton Maldives Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is an affordable 5-star family getaway in 15 minutes by boat from Male airport. Welcome to paradise. With everything you might expect from your sun soaked holiday to the Indian Ocean, the newly renovated Sheraton Maldives is positively picturesque and surrounded by calm blue seas. The world renowned brand is not quite as natural a fit for the Maldives as W but it exudes a solid affluence and makes a guest feel special on the small island with a rustic atmosphere.
The five-star resort offers 176 guest rooms designed to blend into the surrounding turquoise waters, pristine beaches and lush greenery. Also boasting seven unique restaurants and bars, the Shine Spa for Sheraton –located on its very own island — and three outdoor tropical fresh water pools, the resort caters for all guests and is the perfect destination for honeymooners, families with young children or teens and solo travellers alike. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More