Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura – on the private island hideaway of Lhaviyani Atoll
Best Romantic Resorts in the Maldives
16 September, 2021
Encompassing three private islands in Maldives – two deserted neighboring islands and Kanuhura itself – this laid-back retreat is the epitome of white sands, turquoise lagoons, lush tropical greenery and gently swaying palm trees to doze under.
This second collaboration with Singapore-based Hotel Properties Limited (HPL) will adopt the Six Senses brand in late 2022 as a northerly sister to the popular Six Senses Laamu. Until then, it is available for bookings through www.kanuhura-maldives.com and www.ihg.com, and guests can earn and spend IHG Rewards points and experience exclusive benefits as the resort joins the award-winning loyalty program.
When it adopts the Six Senses brand, the resort will offer 80 private overwater, beach and spacious family villas offering sunset or sunrise views. A 40-minute seaplane flight from the main international airport on Malé, the untouched paradise vibe is rivaled only by two completely deserted islands, Jehunuhura and Masleggihuraa. This is about as far away from it all as is possible without forgoing Instagram or uninterrupted sleep.
The mesmerizing natural beauty of the Maldives demands high design standards and Kanuhura has already been recognized as the Best Luxury Resort in the Maldives at the Luxury Lifestyle Awards and Best of the Best in the TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice. Sensitive enhancements are planned over the coming months including an upgrade of the overwater villas to include private pools, new family suites, new dining concepts and a pioneering wellness offering – all with the Six Senses brand’s sustainability ethos in mind.
Below the water, the Lhaviyani Atoll offers more than 40 dive sites for exploring marine life. In the coming months, new watersport activities and high-performance equipment will be added in partnership with Ocean Wings Pvt. Ltd., a subsidiary of Ocean Group Maldives, which shares the Six Senses mission of providing the ultimate under- and above-water experiences, while inspiring people about the importance of ocean conservation. With Gandalf and Davina proving popular flippered friends over at Six Senses Laamu, a turtle safari may also be organized on request to a turtle point less than five minutes away from the resort. Sustainability reaches far beyond the building design and protecting the local flora and fauna. Projects are in place to support a neighboring island community with a focus on education and student development.
“Six Senses Kanuhura is a unique opportunity to combine our three best-loved ideals in life: sustainability, wellness and locally themed experiences,” says Six Senses Chief Executive Officer Neil Jacobs. “By day, your feet will be sandy and your hair salty. By night, surrender to the spa and your skin will be smoothed, your soul will be soothed, and your mood will be as sparkling as your sundowner.”
New landscaping of the organic herb garden will create the perfect conditions for mouthwatering vegetables, herbs and salad leaves. These will be collected fresh each day to use in the restaurants and interactive workshops with the chef. Perhaps nowhere on earth will a farm to fork picnic taste better than marooned on Jehunuhura in the middle of the Indian Ocean with only a possessive hermit crab for company.
The boutique will also provide a new space dedicated to sustainable fashion. Everything has arrived at the door as mindfully and consciously as possible with a focus on creativity, forward-thinking design, and attention to detail. In short, Six Senses Kanuhura will provide the romantic setting, discreet wining and dining, star-filled skies, deserted beaches, and pioneering wellness for a restful and restorative stay.
HPL owns 41 hotels & Resorts in 15 countries with eight in the Maldives. Stephen Lau, Executive Director of HPL and Chairman of HPL’s Hotel Division, added: “We are delighted to collaborate with Six Senses on our latest acquisition in the Republic of Maldives. Kanuhura is one of the few pristine islands blessed with amazing natural beauty. We are confident that Six Senses will be able to bring to Kanuhura what it has achieved at its sister resort, Six Senses Laamu: a high degree of sustainable sophistication in a natural environment coupled with unparalleled service.”
About Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas
Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas manages 17 hotels and resorts and 26 spas in 20 countries under the brand names Six Senses, Evason and Six Senses Spas, and has signed a further 34 properties into the development pipeline. Six Senses is part of the IHG Hotels & Resorts family.
Recent Posts 16.10.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Emerald Maldives Resort Continues to Stand Out with Top Awards in 2021
- Pamper Yourselves at Dhigali Spa with New Christmas Packages
- Kihaa Maldives Opens New Steak House
- Naladhu Private Island Maldives Celebrates Double Win at Conde Nast Traveler award
- Disney Cruise Line to Return to Tropical Destinations in 2023
- Reethi Beach Resort, Baa Atoll Maldives Earn Green Globe's Member
- Fiyavalhu Maldives wins Luxury Boutique Resort 2021
- Ready to Party? Spend Halloween at the first Luxury Music Festival in Maldives
- Virgin's First Miami Cruise, HAL's San Diego Restart
- Anantara Kihavah opens New Family Beach Pool Villas for the Ultimate Family Winter Getaway
- Celestyal Cruises Announces Return to Year-Round Cruising
- Gili goes Pink for October
- Emerald Cruises Is Building Second Superyacht
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Carnival announces ship restarts for January and February 2022
- Hurawalhi's Winter Offer 2021 - Save UP to 20%
- Maldives exhibited at the World’s Largest fair, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Shake Up Your Wellness Routine on Ithaafushi – The Private Island
- Niyama Private Islands Maldives to host Surf Week 2021
- Marriott International Plans to Expand Footprint in South Asia
- Tradewind Voyages Announces 2021-22 Caribbean Season
- Emirates takes Expo 2020 Dubai’s message to the skies with its first-ever full aircraft livery
- The Inside Scoop on Silver Moon's Culinary Program
- Win a holiday to Maldives right now with MBM
- Seabourn Names Second Expedition Ship, Reveals Itineraries
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- The Norwegian Prima Debuts Entertainment and Onboard Experiences
- Style and Substance: New Ships, Fresh Adventures and Top Suites
- Best Maldives Resorts worth to Book Directly
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa Introduces Brand New Infinity Swimming Pool
- Maldives exhibits Luxury Yacht Tourism at Monaco Yacht Show
- Carnival Corporation Plans to Have 50% of Fleet Back by October
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Six Senses Laamu
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Spa, Luxury Surfing, Diving, Activity
Six Senses Laamu is the only resort located in the Laamu atoll, which lies in the southern part of the Maldives. Surrounded by the Indian Ocean, the resort prides itself on its commitment to sustainable operations and development as outlined by Agenda 21 and Green Globe Benchmarking.
At Six Senses Laamu, most of the villas and facilities are built overwater. However, beach villas and on-land dining is an option. All villas offer a sense of privacy and seclusion, with an amazing view to the Ocean and Maldivian nature.
Six Senses Laamu offers a wide range of dining options, with cuisines from around the world, a swimming pool with a sunken bar, an ice cream parlour, an overwater wine cellar and a signature Chill bar. Many activities, excursions and options are available for everyone to enjoy, both overwater and underwater, in addition to the Six Senses Spa. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More