3 Places to Enjoy Sunset and a Sundowner at Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
Maldives Ultra Luxury Guide
17 Aug, 2021
The Maldives vacation isn’t complete without enjoying the sunset at least once. Watching the sun plunges into the Indian Ocean and then illuminate the sky with a range of reds, oranges, and purples is one of life’s great pleasures.
Sunsets over Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi seem to change on a daily basis. In the dry season, you can watch the sun go down like a brilliant illuminated ball, while in the rainy season, the clouds create a colorful palette and designs that you have to see to believe.
Here are our suggestions for the best places to see the sunset at Waldorf Astoria Maldives.
A celebration of modern Japanese cuisine with contemporary Japanese design, Shimizu focuses on serving locally sourced lobster and fish. Boasting a contemporary design, the striking over-water structure made from bamboo, was designed to mimic an ocean wave. Shimizu, which means clear water in Japanese, is a nod to the gentle waves below, while the restaurant’s long wooden pathway is reminiscent of the entryway of a traditional Japanese sanctuary.
The menu meanwhile, was created with global influences in mind by chef Andrei Palm and his team of chefs, who together have a combined 55 years of experience in high-end Japanese restaurants.
Hailing from South Africa, Nepal, Indonesia and the Philippines, each chef has incorporated flavours from their native countries into the artistry of dishes served.
Elsewhere, Shimizu’s sake sommelier Abdhulla Saeed helps guests navigate the extensive sake selection, as well as the collection of Japanese whiskeys on hand. Offering a flight of sake, Saeed will take guests on a journey through Japanese flavors and help guests learn more about the beverages on offer.
Enjoy a sophisticated time at romantic treetop setting for intimate dining chatting as you gaze out at the sparkling nightscape. Terra features seven private dining pods, panoramic views, and a contemporary menu. Complement your dish with wine from Waldorf Astoria's extensive collection, including Krug Champagne.
The laid-back atmosphere of Amber, the resort's beach bar, will be perfect for guests to relax and enjoy drink while watching the sun set over the horizon and sipping a selection of Champagne at this serene lounge.
Savor a unique range of the finest Champagnes along with a selection of hand-crafted Champagne cocktails and curated spuntini.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
Best Experience: Overwater Villas, Service, Spa, Beaches, Gourmet Dining, Activities
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is an exclusive 5-star resort that's bringing a “next level” to the luxury holiday experience in the Maldives. Opened July 1st 2019, the 5-star resort raises the bar in modern luxury travel catering to the individual needs of its discerning guests.
Spanning across three islands in the South Male Atoll, the breathtaking new resort is surrounded by a crystal clear water lagoon, which will play home to spectacular underwater life. Meaning “Pearl” in Dhivehi the resort will offer global travellers 138 luxuriously appointed villas in an inspirational setting, complemented by the iconic True Waldorf Service experience. Additionally, the resort will feature 10 truly unique dining experiences, including an unforgettable treetop restaurant boasting stunning views. An exclusive yet serene Spa and Wellness Centre, a wide array of water sports as well as extensive facilities for junior guests will also feature within the new Waldorf Astoria Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More