The most sustainable holiday experience at Meeru Island Resort & Spa Maldives
Best Eco-Friendly Resorts in the Maldives
27 March, 2021
In-keeping with the sustainability, Meeru Island Resort & Spa strives to be the most eco-friendly resort in the Maldives.
With it's commitment to doing everything possible to positively impact the community, through an energy-efficient practices and environmental projects, Meeru help to ensure a greener tomorrow.
Every Sunday, Meeru's team organise a guided nature walk where guests are given a tour around and receive information about the various plants and trees that flourish in beautiful surroundings of the island, emphasising their importance and benefits of maintaining them on the island. .
Guests can choose to participate in a coral rehabilitation program through coral planting in our own Meeru Coral Garden. The programme was designed to regenerate segments of the reef and promote new corals' growth. For over four years, our coral garden has been a favourite spot for Meeru guests, where they can set their sights on a spectacular range of marine creatures such as sea turtles, stingrays, and schools of fish. See Underwater Live Webcam
Meeru Island Resort & Spa, one of the most expansive resort islands in the Maldives, features 'Meeru Garden'. The sustainable garden was not only developed to meet the needs of our daily kitchen operations but also provide our guests and team members with fresh ingredients and organic produce.
There is also a 'Nature and Vegetation Exploration' tour offered to guests, which educates them on fruit and vegetable cultivation on the island and how this initiative helps preserve and respect the natural surroundings.
No to Single-use Plastics
Reducing the amount of single-use plastics discarded each day is part of our on-going sustainability policy. From 2017 to 2019, through our on-site bottling plant, the resort have decreased the use of plastic water bottles by 71%. Glass water bottles are now used in all our villas, restaurants and bars, whilst plastic drinking straws have also been replaced with eco-friendly paper straws.
Celebrating Earth Hour
As part of Meeru's efforts to raise awareness, the resort celebrates global events concerning Environmental Protection and Sustainability every year. Worldwide happenings Meeru island participate in include Environment Day, Earth Hour, Ocean Day, Tourism Day and Food Day.
Book a Stay with Meeru Island Resort & Spa Maldives
Looking for an eco-friendly resort from which to explore the best experiences the Maldives has to offer? Meeru Island Resort & Spa is one of the Maldives' leading sustainably-run resorts. Surrounded by azure lagoons and long stretches of white sandy beach, our island paradise features an abundance of accommodation offerings, with separate adults-only and family-friendly facilities making it ideal for couples and families alike.
Click here to view Meeru's special offers and deals. We continue to allow for maximum flexibility for the next normal traveller. Book now to your convenience with the freedom of FREE Cancellation on Room Rate for cancellation received three days before arrival.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Family, All Inclusive, Activities, for Couples, Value
Every year, Meeru Island Resort is possible satisfies more people than any other hotel. With 286 rooms and suites, including 106 water villas, the Meeru Island Resort is one of the Maldives' largest 4-star resorts, and it has more overwater rooms than any other resort in the Maldives. The island is always full and after people have visited here, very often they come back again and again. The island is attractive for all ages: families have their own corner of the island, and couples have their own, hence there are two separate swimming pools, two buffet restaurants, and 2 spas. Most of the guests sit on all inclusive, so bars are always alive - especially 24-hour. During the day, there is plenty to do and see, including a diving school with PADI multi-language courses, a range of water sports, excursions, and even a golf course. House reef snorkeling requires a boat trip, although many are happy to sunbathe on the beautiful beaches. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More