Sustainability is Key factor to Success at Ellaidhoo Maldives
Best Eco‐Friendly Resorts in The Maldives
21 Feb, 2021
Green Globe Gold member Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon exemplifies main sustainability endeavours.
Each year of certification brings new challenges and planning that has been embraced by all team members and guests.
Some of the key sustainability projects carried out in 2020 include improved management of water resources and the onsite organic farm, tree conservation programs and a World Clean Up Day initiative.ndeavours include:
Last year, abiding by the pledge of “I will be Green”, Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon organised a tree planting campaign where staff members completed the planting of forty coconut trees on the island.
Organic farm and Herb Garden
Vegetables and herbs are grown at the resort’s organic garden. Waste materials from other operational areas are put to use as much as possible such as empty plastic containers that are reused as plant pots.
Water saving projects
As expected, water is a precious resource in this island nation. Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon has water saving measures in place that make the best use of this natural resource with 150 water flow regulators installed in staff rooms resulting in a total water savings of 3,000 litres per day.
The saying “Necessity is the mother of invention” is not lost at the property. Staff members have come up with the innovative idea of placing weighted reused drink bottles in toilet cisterns to reduce water capacity by 0.5 litres per flush. A total water savings of 540 litres per day has been made using this cost effective method.
Wastewater is also treated and used to irrigate garden areas and the flourishing vegetable farm located onsite. One hundred per cent Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) water is used for watering purposes. Currently 35,000 litres of effluent water is treated and reused in green areas.
Marine life preservation
In 2020, coral replanting was undertaken with the support of the resort’s Dive and Sail crew to assist with the preservation of reefs.
Staff and guests also took part in beach clean ups to remove any litter and plastic garbage that threaten sea life by either washing up on sandy shores or that lie in the waters surrounding the idyllic resort.
World Clean Up Day activities
For World Clean Up Day 2020, the resort organised a Digital Clean Up Day where they made a significant contribution to recycling e-waste.
Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon is one of four resorts in Maldives run by Sri Lankan conglomerate John Keells under its Cinnamon Hotels & Resorts brand.
Recent Posts 04.12.2022
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, December 2022
- Patina’ Festive Atlas – Unforgettable Island Celebrations
- Weekly review: Record Bookings for Cruise, 2023 Trends
- Nova Maldives launches new wellness rituals inspired by traditional Maldivian medicine
- Fari Islands Maldives celebrates the End of Fall with Fari Festival
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes top Italian tennis pros, Fabio Fognini
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort debuts on 1st April 2023
- Cora Cora Maldives marks 1st Anniversary with Its Awards and Prestigious Accolades
- ROBINSON NOONU Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Nature Experiences at Nova Maldives resort
- Explora Journeys unveils Onboard Entertainment and Enrichment programs
- New Cruise Line Explora Journeys details Its First Ship’s Maiden Voyage
- Maldives National Museum celebrates 70th Anniversary
- Health and Wellbeing are in Heart of new Treetop Spa at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Locally Sourced: Dine Sustainably at Le Méridien Maldives resort, Naturally
- Exclusive: Paris Hilton and Carter Reum celebrates first anniversary in Maldives
- Kaani Hotels expand Its Portfolio with development a 250-Bed City Hotel in Ukulhas
- BBM to expand presence Caffè Vergnano coffee in the Maldives
- Anantara Angkor Resort launches an Unique dining experience
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
Best Experience: Couples, Value, House Reef Snorkeling, Diving, All Inclusive
Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon is located in Ari Atoll and its house reef and proximity to some of the most beautiful dive sites in the Maldives is the greatest attraction.
Acquired by a luxury brand from Sri Lanka, Cinnamon today has 112 rooms, of average price range, that's good for couples and families. On a beautiful island, there is complete cleanliness, and guests are served by a variety of facilities to choose from, including a spa, squash and tennis courts, a children's playground, a pool, and exciting excursions. New Water Villas are the brightest and most attractive rooms, but there are other categories of accommodation with good value, and avid divers and snorkel fans should not miss the chance to explore the famous Ellaidhoo's house reef. Regardless of the season, the serene atmosphere of a beautiful island, a lot of greenery, and the rustic spirit of Ellaidhoo await you. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More