How Meeru Island Resort celebrates World Oceans Day 2021
Best Dive Resorts in The Maldives
05 June, 2021
In celebration of World Oceans Day on 8 June, the palm-fringed paradise of Meeru Island Resort & Spa will celebrate the day with various activities designed to educate, entertain, and encourage both guests and team members to be more mindful of one of the world's most precious natural resources – the ocean.
With this year's theme 'The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods', Meeru presents a programme of ecologically considerate marine life exploration and awareness-raising activities to support the United Nations' global environmental initiative.
Join Meeru for World Oceans Day activities!
Ocean explorer on a yacht
Guests are invited to join this excursion that will transport them to some of the most spectacular reefs in the North Malé Atoll for a chance to spot and swim alongside sea turtles and other marine creatures.
This remarkable, full-day experience is open to swimmers over 18, with lunch, snacks, and refreshing drinks included and served on board.
Special full-day snorkelling
Led by the experienced team of Euro-Divers Maldives, this activity offers guests the opportunity to enjoy a snorkelling experience unlike any other, where they can set their sights on sea life species such as fish, turtles, morays, sharks, rays, and crustaceans.
Marine life awareness session
This insightful activity will educate guests on environmental issues, such as climate change and ocean pollution, alongside fascinating facts about the pelagic creatures thriving in the Maldives.
Ocean discovery night
This session will provide ocean lovers and marine life enthusiasts with further knowledge of the ocean’s inhabitants – home to a diverse range of marine life species.
Every day is Oceans Day at Meeru
Meeru strives to be the top sustainable resort in the Maldives with long-term sustainability efforts in place, which aim to positively impact the environment and the community in which we operate.
Through energy-efficient practices, waste management programme, and planet-conscious operations, the resort aims to help ensure a greener and more sustainable tomorrow.
Located in North Malé Atoll, Meeru Island Resort & Spa is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives; 1,200 metres long and about 350 metres wide).
The island resort is surrounded by a beautiful turquoise lagoon and long stretches of white sandy beaches lined with swaying palm trees.
With a wide variety of facilities available, guests enjoy luxurious accommodation options – including plenty of recreational facilities for families, couples, and groups of friends.
Book direct and Enjoy the best value at Meeru Island Resort & Spa with an unparalleled holiday packages. Take advantage of Early Bird discounts, All-Inclusive packages and occasional special offers for an unforgettable holiday.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Family, All Inclusive, Activities, for Couples, Value
Every year, Meeru Island Resort is possible satisfies more people than any other hotel. With 286 rooms and suites, including 106 water villas, the Meeru Island Resort is one of the Maldives' largest 4-star resorts, and it has more overwater rooms than any other resort in the Maldives. The island is always full and after people have visited here, very often they come back again and again. The island is attractive for all ages: families have their own corner of the island, and couples have their own, hence there are two separate swimming pools, two buffet restaurants, and 2 spas. Most of the guests sit on all inclusive, so bars are always alive - especially 24-hour. During the day, there is plenty to do and see, including a diving school with PADI multi-language courses, a range of water sports, excursions, and even a golf course. House reef snorkeling requires a boat trip, although many are happy to sunbathe on the beautiful beaches. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More