Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
Best Luxury Sport Resorts in The Maldives
18 Nov, 2020
A Winners’ Welcome: The launch of Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll.
The Maldives has never been associated with world-class tennis, until now. In the idyllic Baa Atoll, Vakkaru Maldives’ partnership with Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis was launched on the resort’s cobalt-blue courts on November 16; it will see some of the world’s top players lead tennis clinics and tutorials exclusively for guests of the luxury resort.
Indicative of the calibre of the player set to appear at Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis (TLT) sessions at Vakkaru Maldives in future, the inaugural TLT training programme runs until November 21 and features residencies from former world No.1 Angelique Kerber, former World No. 5 Rainer Schuettler, and TLT founder Janko Tipsarevic, himself a former world No. 8. These short-term residencies give exclusive opportunities for guests to have one-to-one sessions with the tennis pros while staying at Vakkaru Maldives. What’s more, visitors to Vakkaru Maldives will find the property’s facilities more than meet their playing requirements - a three-time Grand Slam tournament winner, Angelique Kerber has been using the resort’s Sports Fields and wellness amenities to train for the 2021 Australian Open, taking place in Melbourne in January.
Alongside the aforementioned players, the launch event was attended by Vakkaru Maldives’ owner, Vice Chairman of Travco Group, Karim El Chiaty and his wife, Ana Beatriz Barros, the resort’s General Manager Iain McCormack, and Serbian tennis pro Barbara Bonic, who has just joined the Vakkaru team on a full-time basis as a resident tennis coach and Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis ambassador. A tightly fought exhibition match, with Janko and Rainer taking on Angelique and Barbara, provided a thrilling highlight to the day’s proceedings.
TLT’s high-profile debut at Vakkaru Maldives will be followed in fast, and fine, fashion by a short-term residency from Canadian Tennis Pro Denis Shapovalov, currently ranked 12th in the world. The youngest player to crack the top 30 since 2005, his career-high ATP singles ranking is No. 10 in the world. He will lead an exclusive tennis clinic for Vakkaru guests from November 22 to the end of the month.
Janko Tipsarevic is committed to ensuring Vakkaru’s guests can enjoy competitive tennis games beyond compare in the Maldives, be they with a world-renowned player making a fleeting visit or against Barbara Bonic throughout the year. Speaking about his company’s partnership with Vakkaru Maldives he said: “Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis is dedicated to bringing the world’s best players to train with holidaymakers in some of the world’s most beautiful places, and we are thrilled to partner with Vakkaru Maldives. Whether trying their hands against a world-renowned athlete hosting a short-term residency or competing against our exceptionally skilled resident coach Barbara Bonic, guests of all abilities can expect a standard of training that surpasses anything else on offer in the Maldives.”
The launch follows the introduction of Vakkaru Maldives’ new hospitality concept Vakkare, which places the concept of physical, mental and emotional care at the core of all that Vakkaru provides. Speaking about the resort’s collaboration with Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis, General Manager Iain McCormack said: “We are honoured to welcome some of the world’s best tennis players to our private-island home and know that our guests will relish the chance to play against such esteemed athletes. With our overwater spa and gym, the beauty of Baa Atoll and all of our world-class amenities at their full disposal, opportunities for post-match relaxation and recovery are also plentiful. There is simply nowhere else to play world-class tennis quite like this.”
Vakkaru Maldives tennis courts are open from 6:00 to 20:00.
- One-to-one lessons for adults start at $ 120 per hour
- 5 hour package - $ 440
- 10 hour package - $ 660
For children under 12 years old:
- One hour session costs $ 95
- Two hour session costs 160USD
- 5 hour package costs 380 USD
- The 10 hour package costs $ 570.
For further information about Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis residencies and programme at Vakkaru Maldives’, visit this page For reservations and general information, please visit vakkarumaldives.com or contact email@example.com.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Service, Beaches, Swimming with Mantas
Vakkaru Maldives is a brand new luxury resort located within the crystal clear waters of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Baa Atoll. Vakkaru is a lovely island combined with a real Maldivian atmosphere and offers many high-end options in a comfy ambiance.
Surrounded by lush, vegetation, beautiful beach and stunning lagoon, the 5-star resort offers an extensive selection of luxury accommodation, with 125 beach and overwater villas and suites catering for couples and families alike, all come with butler service. A great choice of indulgent dining choices allow guests to enjoy flavours from Europe to Asia in four restaurants and two bars, all offering a delicious culinary experience and an amazing, talented, professional team of friendly staff. With an array of energetic or relaxing indulgent activities in and around this Maldives resort, it’s an ideal place for both couples (romantic and idyllic with an adult-only area ) and as well families (kids club, family villas beach & overwater and nanny service). The island, with its pearl shores and ambundant marine life is just a 25-minute seaplane ride from Malé Airport. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More