The Maldives has Opened with No Restrictions
All What You Need To Know
20 July, 2020
Maldives welcomed the world from 15th July 2020. Are you ready for a trip to this ultimate bucket list destination?
Here’s everything what you need to know before to go the Maldives.
You will be given free 30-day visa on arrival
Maldives will be providing a free 30-day tourist visa on arrival to all nationalities.
You won’t be quarantined upon arrival
You will not be subject to any quarantine measures and will not be required to submit any medical test results for entry upon arrival to Maldives. However, travelers presenting with symptoms of COVID-19 upon arrival will be subjected to a PCR test at the traveler’s cost. Additionally, local health authorities may conduct random testing, at no cost to travelers.
You will need to fill out an online health declaration form 24-hours before arrival
A health declaration card will be required as part of the on-arrival procedure. This online health declaration form must be filled out by travelers 24-hours before the arrival.
For Traveler Health Declaration form: https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv/ethd/create
You’ll need to show your hotel booking receipt when you arrive
Tourists must provide confirmed booking of accommodations, such as a hotel receipt.
Tourist resorts, liveaboard vessels and hotels located on uninhabited islands are open for bookings starting from July 15, 2020. Guest houses and hotels located on inhabited islands will be open for bookings starting from August 1, 2020. However, guest houses and hotels located on inhabited islands will be allowed to accommodate transiting passengers waiting for domestic transfers under special permits. Transit arrangements can be made through the primary facility where the stay is booked.
Social distancing and face masks are required in public settings
Respect all social distancing requirements, and observe a self quarantine if COVID-19 symptoms appear during your stay in Maldives. Masks are required in all public settings, including on public transportation
Other than the straightforward requirements above, entry into the country appears to be very easy, with no further visas or special requirements needed.
You don’t need a COVID-19 test before departure
However, testing services are available in Maldives for tourists who require COVID-19 test results to return to their countries of origin or another destination.
How to get to Maldives – The airlines
Since situation has affected worldwide, there is a limited number of flights available into Maldives main airport: Velana International Airport upon reopening. However, as the situation progresses, more scheduled flights are expected to add routes to Maldives.
You can even travel to Maldives in ultimate privacy via jets
Jets are allowed not just to the main airport, but to some of the regional airports as well. You can check with your desired tourist resort if they offer such facilities.
Where to stay?
The collection of 26 atolls in Maldives boasts some of the planet’s dreamiest islands, beaches, water and marine life. You can visit any one of the following resorts. Over 40 resorts among those will be open from 15th July. You can book any one of the resorts from the list
Recent Posts 03.10.2022
- The Travel Calendar for October 2022 in the Maldives
- The Ozen Collection brings Bodegas Viñátigo Winery to the Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah recognized with First Maldives National Tourism Awards
- Why You should spend this Festive Season with Cora Cora Maldives
- The Westin Maldives' Heavenly Spa wins Haute Grandeur Awards
- 5* dreamy Maldives Half Board stay near Male with return speedboat transfers
- Latest News from Kandima, October 2022
- Now Open: Emerald Faarufushi Resort & Spa
- Maldives Best Dive sites: Fushivaru
- Huvafen Fushi announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Fall in Love with the Maldives in Mid-Season at Amari Havodda
- Coco Collection celebrates the Maldives Tourism Golden Year
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, September 2022
- Malahini Kuda Bandos Upper Class Upgrade Review
- This Year Traditional meets Tropical for Innahura’ Festive Season
- Romantic wedding proposal ideas at Komandoo
- Huvafen Fushi hosts manifestation retreat with Roxie Nafousi
- Plan for a Good Time in Maldives at Sky Beach Maldives - Dhiffushi
- Paul Gauguin Cruises announces 2024 Voyages
- Maldives celebrates World Manta Day
- Music and Michelin Stars to collide at Siyam World Maldives’ First Birthday bash
- Finding Unique Travel Experiences with Anantara
- Experience the Magic of the Holidays with Raffles Maldives resort
- Dreamy 5* star all-inclusive Maldives getaway: Discover AARAH, Now
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More