Vakkaru Maldives Appoints Chef Bruno Cerdan as Culinary Director
Best Family Getaways in The Maldives
22 February, 2020
The picturesque luxury island resort, Vakkaru Maldives, is pleased to announce the appointment of Chef Bruno Cerdan as Culinary Director. The seasoned Chef brings 30 years of experience to lead the luxury Maldivian property’s renowned culinary journey.
Cerdan began his career thirty years ago in his native France. He graduated from the prestigious École Hôtelière in Nice and commenced his career in the two Michelin Star Carlton Hotel in Cannes. After some time at the three Michelin Star Moulin de Mougins, Cerdan traversed the world from London to Toronto before arriving in Australia, where he took up his first Executive Chef position in Melbourne at the Hotel Windsor Oberoi.
On his appointment, Chef Bruno states, “The property, along with its outstanding dining outlets, is so special and I am excited to be a part of it. I want to bring a unique experience to all of the resort’s guests and working with such a passionate team, I am sure that we can bring these beautiful experiences to life.”
From Melbourne, Cerdan moved to Mauritius before heading to New Delhi, where he ran two of the city’s most highly regarded kitchens at The Oberoi and The Imperial, then also producing his first book, Aphrodisiac Cuisine. After New Delhi, Cerdan landed on the shores of Dubai and the One & Only Royal Mirage, spending twelve years as Executive Chef and finalized a second book, Hot & Cold.
Following his spell in Dubai, Cerdan travelled to Colombo with Cinnamon Grand and most recently at the Ritz Carlton Bangalore before settling at Vakkaru Maldives.
“I am extremely pleased that Chef Bruno will be joining us at Vakkaru Maldives and I am sure that the team will all welcome him with open arms into the Vakkaru family. I trust that his extensive portfolio of experience will shine as he settles into his new role.”, Nicholas Mason, General Manager at Vakkaru Maldives, comments.
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Service, Beaches, Swimming with Mantas
Vakkaru Maldives is a brand new luxury resort located within the crystal clear waters of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Baa Atoll. Vakkaru is a lovely island combined with a real Maldivian atmosphere and offers many high-end options in a comfy ambiance.
Surrounded by lush, vegetation, beautiful beach and stunning lagoon, the 5-star resort offers an extensive selection of luxury accommodation, with 125 beach and overwater villas and suites catering for couples and families alike, all come with butler service. A great choice of indulgent dining choices allow guests to enjoy flavours from Europe to Asia in four restaurants and two bars, all offering a delicious culinary experience and an amazing, talented, professional team of friendly staff. With an array of energetic or relaxing indulgent activities in and around this Maldives resort, it’s an ideal place for both couples (romantic and idyllic with an adult-only area ) and as well families (kids club, family villas beach & overwater and nanny service). The island, with its pearl shores and ambundant marine life is just a 25-minute seaplane ride from Malé Airport. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More