Vakkaru Maldives Appoints Janice Tan As Director of Sales & Marketing
Best Family Hotels in The Maldives
13 June, 2020
Vakkaru Maldives is delighted to announce the appointment of Janice Tan as its new Director of Sales and Marketing. Her two-decade-long career in luxury hospitality commenced at the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, including stints in Beijing, Singapore and most commonly at the Maldives’ leading resorts.
She arrives at Vakkaru Maldives with an innate understanding of what makes holidaying in this idyllic island nation so special. A sales and marketing veteran, Janice brings a wealth of experience, vision and connections and will help to define the strategies that will ensure the resort is recognized as one of the world’s preeminent retreats.
In her previous leadership roles, Janice was instrumental in launching luxury resorts in the Maldives including Anantara Naladhu, during her tenure as Anantara Group’s Cluster Director of Public Relations, Velaa Private Island and Accor’s Raffles Maldives Meradhoo, where she served on both occasions as Director of Sales and Marketing. She was also Regional Director of Sales and Marketing for COMO Hotels and Resorts’ COMO Maalifushi and COMO Cocoa Island.
Raised by parents who worked in the airline industry, she has traveled extensively and lived in Switzerland, Italy, Greece, the US and France. She then indulged her love of gastronomy by studying at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and working at the three-Michelin-starred Restaurant Georges Blanc. Currently based both in Singapore and the Maldives, she enjoys practicing Pilates, ongoing movements, yoga and mindful meditation.
Her lifelong love of travel and residency in countries around the world will provide invaluable insights as the Maldives redefine its approach to tourism and hospitality in response to the changing consumer habits and preferences following the evolving global crisis.
Speaking about her appointment, Janice said: “I am so excited to join the team at Vakkaru Maldives, a privately owned and managed resort where exceptional attention to detail and a passion for unsurpassed hospitality is integral to everything, and a commitment to ensuring loved ones can interact and reconnect in tranquility underpins every service and interaction.” With her vast experience in luxury hospitality, Janice will play a key role in spreading the word about what makes Vakkaru so stellar and securing its position as the top resort in this quintessential luxury holiday destination.
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Service, Beaches, Swimming with Mantas
Vakkaru Maldives is a brand new luxury resort located within the crystal clear waters of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Baa Atoll. Vakkaru is a lovely island combined with a real Maldivian atmosphere and offers many high-end options in a comfy ambiance.
Surrounded by lush, vegetation, beautiful beach and stunning lagoon, the 5-star resort offers an extensive selection of luxury accommodation, with 125 beach and overwater villas and suites catering for couples and families alike, all come with butler service. A great choice of indulgent dining choices allow guests to enjoy flavours from Europe to Asia in four restaurants and two bars, all offering a delicious culinary experience and an amazing, talented, professional team of friendly staff. With an array of energetic or relaxing indulgent activities in and around this Maldives resort, it’s an ideal place for both couples (romantic and idyllic with an adult-only area ) and as well families (kids club, family villas beach & overwater and nanny service). The island, with its pearl shores and ambundant marine life is just a 25-minute seaplane ride from Malé Airport. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More