Experience the Best of the Maldives’ first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve with Vakkaru Maldives
Maldives Adventure Holidays
18 June, 2021
As part of the tenth anniversary celebrations of its UNESCO Biosphere Reserve home, Vakkaru Maldives invites guests on the Baa Atoll Big Five safari, to discover an incredible marine diversity and spectacular sea life.
The safari features five of the most amazing creatures that can be seen in Baa Atoll, ones that sea lovers from over the world consistently request to see while visiting Vakkaru.
They are Manta Rays, routinely seen at Hanifaru Bay close to Vakkaru from May to November every year; Whale Sharks, the world's largest fish found in Baa Atoll from May to November; Turtles, including hawksbills and green turtles that are found in Baa Atoll all year; Dolphins, regularly spotted on Vakkaru's dolphin watching cruises; Sharks, including nurse, whitetip reef and blacktip reef sharks is seen frequently at the dive sites in Baa
The Maldives’ coral reefs support approximately 250 species of coral and 1,200 reef- and reef-associated fish species. Vakkaru Maldives’ expert marine biologist knows the region intimately and has also created a guide to Baa Atoll’s Top Five Dive Sites in celebration of its 10th anniversary as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Maavaru Thila where a thila (underwater mountain) emerges at 12 metres deep. These waters provide a vibrant home to jackfish, napoleons, stingrays and much more. Coated in soft corals, the walls of Maavaru Caves are a marvel in and of themselves, but this atmospheric setting is also populated by grey reef sharks, eagle rays, turtles and dolphins.
- Mutafushi Thila is packed with anemones, kaleidoscopic schools of fish and curious octopus.
- At Miyaru Thila the underground mountain emerges at 8 metres deep, where sharks and batfish might also be seen.
- Barracuda Thila is expansive and beautiful, with its waters enlivened by darting schools of yellow snapper, tuna and, of course, barracuda.
Customized trips are offered by the dive-centre team also which includes a selection of special experiences that maximizes the visitors’ chances of seeing the big five creatures of Baa Atoll by themselves.
Private cruises to Hanifaru Bay can come to an end with a celebratory champagne and canapes after a successful manta ray or whale shark sighting.
Visits to isolated sandbanks can be organized for private picnics or sundowner special teas after dolphin watching cruises.
Visits to turtle reef can be merged with conservation work that protects the threatened species of the Indian Ocean.
Apart from this, Vakkaru’s F&B team can also arrange Big Five Feasts for all guests who witness all five creatures on just one trip.
The team at Vakkaru’s dive centre will happily arrange visits to each of these remarkable settings, while anyone who visits the resort over the remainder of 2021 will be able to enjoy much more besides.
Throughout the rest of the year, the ongoing 50 Shades of Blue programme will celebrate Baa Atoll’s 10th anniversary as the Maldives’ first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve by hosting a panoply of special events.
A particular focal point will come in mid-August when a week-long 50 Shades of Blue celebration will see the resort host residencies by ocean experts; musical performances and a showstopper pool party; a series of special dining experiences; creative kids’ activities; thrilling ocean expeditions; and a range of revitalising wellness offerings.
For reservations and general information, please visit vakkarumaldives.com or contact email@example.com.
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Service, Beaches, Swimming with Mantas
Vakkaru Maldives is a brand new luxury resort located within the crystal clear waters of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Baa Atoll. Vakkaru is a lovely island combined with a real Maldivian atmosphere and offers many high-end options in a comfy ambiance.
Surrounded by lush, vegetation, beautiful beach and stunning lagoon, the 5-star resort offers an extensive selection of luxury accommodation, with 125 beach and overwater villas and suites catering for couples and families alike, all come with butler service. A great choice of indulgent dining choices allow guests to enjoy flavours from Europe to Asia in four restaurants and two bars, all offering a delicious culinary experience and an amazing, talented, professional team of friendly staff. With an array of energetic or relaxing indulgent activities in and around this Maldives resort, it’s an ideal place for both couples (romantic and idyllic with an adult-only area ) and as well families (kids club, family villas beach & overwater and nanny service). The island, with its pearl shores and ambundant marine life is just a 25-minute seaplane ride from Malé Airport. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More