Experience the Best of the Maldives’ first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve with Vakkaru Maldives
Maldives Adventure Holidays
18 June, 2021
As part of the tenth anniversary celebrations of its UNESCO Biosphere Reserve home, Vakkaru Maldives invites guests on the Baa Atoll Big Five safari, to discover an incredible marine diversity and spectacular sea life.
The safari features five of the most amazing creatures that can be seen in Baa Atoll, ones that sea lovers from over the world consistently request to see while visiting Vakkaru.
They are Manta Rays, routinely seen at Hanifaru Bay close to Vakkaru from May to November every year; Whale Sharks, the world's largest fish found in Baa Atoll from May to November; Turtles, including hawksbills and green turtles that are found in Baa Atoll all year; Dolphins, regularly spotted on Vakkaru's dolphin watching cruises; Sharks, including nurse, whitetip reef and blacktip reef sharks is seen frequently at the dive sites in Baa
The Maldives’ coral reefs support approximately 250 species of coral and 1,200 reef- and reef-associated fish species. Vakkaru Maldives’ expert marine biologist knows the region intimately and has also created a guide to Baa Atoll’s Top Five Dive Sites in celebration of its 10th anniversary as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- Maavaru Thila where a thila (underwater mountain) emerges at 12 metres deep. These waters provide a vibrant home to jackfish, napoleons, stingrays and much more. Coated in soft corals, the walls of Maavaru Caves are a marvel in and of themselves, but this atmospheric setting is also populated by grey reef sharks, eagle rays, turtles and dolphins.
- Mutafushi Thila is packed with anemones, kaleidoscopic schools of fish and curious octopus.
- At Miyaru Thila the underground mountain emerges at 8 metres deep, where sharks and batfish might also be seen.
- Barracuda Thila is expansive and beautiful, with its waters enlivened by darting schools of yellow snapper, tuna and, of course, barracuda.
Customized trips are offered by the dive-centre team also which includes a selection of special experiences that maximizes the visitors’ chances of seeing the big five creatures of Baa Atoll by themselves.
Private cruises to Hanifaru Bay can come to an end with a celebratory champagne and canapes after a successful manta ray or whale shark sighting.
Visits to isolated sandbanks can be organized for private picnics or sundowner special teas after dolphin watching cruises.
Visits to turtle reef can be merged with conservation work that protects the threatened species of the Indian Ocean.
Apart from this, Vakkaru’s F&B team can also arrange Big Five Feasts for all guests who witness all five creatures on just one trip.
The team at Vakkaru’s dive centre will happily arrange visits to each of these remarkable settings, while anyone who visits the resort over the remainder of 2021 will be able to enjoy much more besides.
Throughout the rest of the year, the ongoing 50 Shades of Blue programme will celebrate Baa Atoll’s 10th anniversary as the Maldives’ first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve by hosting a panoply of special events.
A particular focal point will come in mid-August when a week-long 50 Shades of Blue celebration will see the resort host residencies by ocean experts; musical performances and a showstopper pool party; a series of special dining experiences; creative kids’ activities; thrilling ocean expeditions; and a range of revitalising wellness offerings.
For reservations and general information, please visit vakkarumaldives.com or contact email@example.com.
Recent Posts 17.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Reward and Recognition of Maldives Underwater Initiative at Six Senses Laamu
- Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Norwegian Viva
- Manta Trust Newsletter, January 2022
- Island Luxury by Secret Paradise opens First Local Island Boutique Hotel
- Enjoy Extraordinary 40% Savings & Daily $1,000 Egift Givaway at Anantara Hotels
- Maldives Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Covid-19 Quarantine
- Chill and Play at One of the Maldives’ most Exclusive resorts with 20% savings
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI recognized Best Honeymoon and Family Destination
- You are invited! Book Early and Save up to 55% at Kandima Maldives
- Ready for Pampering? Here’s Where to Find Decadence in the Maldives
- Travel Insurance Can Now Be Purchased With Marriott While Booking a Reservation
- The Year to explore the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts collection
- From Whale Sharks to Surf, Discover the Natural Side of COMO Maalifushi
- Enjoy up to 25% off to celebrate Qatar Airways' 25th anniversary
- Takes your Tennis game to the next Level at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Service, Beaches, Swimming with Mantas
Vakkaru Maldives is a brand new luxury resort located within the crystal clear waters of the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Baa Atoll. Vakkaru is a lovely island combined with a real Maldivian atmosphere and offers many high-end options in a comfy ambiance.
Surrounded by lush, vegetation, beautiful beach and stunning lagoon, the 5-star resort offers an extensive selection of luxury accommodation, with 125 beach and overwater villas and suites catering for couples and families alike, all come with butler service. A great choice of indulgent dining choices allow guests to enjoy flavours from Europe to Asia in four restaurants and two bars, all offering a delicious culinary experience and an amazing, talented, professional team of friendly staff. With an array of energetic or relaxing indulgent activities in and around this Maldives resort, it’s an ideal place for both couples (romantic and idyllic with an adult-only area ) and as well families (kids club, family villas beach & overwater and nanny service). The island, with its pearl shores and ambundant marine life is just a 25-minute seaplane ride from Malé Airport. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More