Villa Hotels and Resorts rebrands to ‘Villa Resorts’ to signal its Transformation
Best Affordable Water Villa Resorts in the Maldives
01 January, 2023
Villa Hotels & Resorts has announced its transformation to Villa Resorts, debuting the refreshed brand at ILTM Cannes ahead of its official relaunch in April 2023.
Beyond a simplified name and new visual identity for the parent brand, each resort has been repositioned behind a unique Resort Concept, encompassing improved products, elevated service, innovative programming and brilliant communication to create real value for guests.
Since 1986, Villa Resorts has developed and successfully run more than 1,100 rooms distributed across its five private island resorts: Five-Star Sun Island, Five-Star Paradise Island, Five-Star Royal Island, Four-Star Holiday Island, and Three-Star Fun Island.
Now, as the next generation of the family-owned and locally-run business takes the helm, Villa Resorts is making itself ready for the next generation of travellers. Working in partnership with Luxury Branding, the leading luxury hospitality consultancy, Villa Resorts has undertaken a brand-led transformation of its entire company.
At the heart of the organisation, a new Vision, Purpose and Values serve as its guiding lights, ensuring that progress is rooted in a shared ideology. As one of only a few brands in the Maldives that is owned, operated and wholly run by locals, Villa Resorts is driven by the personal vocation of returning its guests to a stronger place in their lives. This important purpose is accomplished through the natural beauty of the destination combined with the native warmth of its people.
The Villa Hotels & Resorts name has been simplified to Villa Resorts, with the new visual identity paying homage to the history and wonder of the islands. At resort level, the ‘Villa’ prefix plays the role of parent brand and the suffix (e.g. Park, Nautica, Haven etc.) that follows represents the resort concept. The combined word marks provide a recognisable yet flexible framework for a growing a family of sub-brands. Each of the resort sub-brands is invested with its own unique personality, reflected in bespoke typography, imagery, colour palettes and styles of communication. This approach allows each property to make the most of its distinct character and strengths while clearly belonging to the Villa family. At each resort, original and fresh local programming takes the form of exciting new signature experiences; distinct to each island and designed to activate the new Resort Concepts.
In April 2023, the Villa Resorts master brand will relaunch with a new website and the rebrand of two of its existing resorts. Paradise Island will transform into Villa Nautica, a maritime celebration of Quayside Life. Expressing refinement and exclusivity of taste, Villa Nautica’s polished environment brings to life a chic nautical experience through its modern, urban-style interiors. Complemented by exceptional scuba diving and other water sports, the resort embraces the seafarer lifestyle with a glamorous twist. Simultaneously, Sun Island will transform into Villa Park, a lush and never-ending Lagoon Pleasure ground teeming with experiences. Its refreshed design is anchored in bold colors that embrace the island’s vibrant jungle and azure lagoons. Recently named Maldives’ Leading Green Resort 2022 at the World Travel Awards, the team continues to spearhead sustainability efforts with new concepts such as ZERO – Villa Park’s hidden gem of a restaurant set amidst the palms, serving fresh produce grown in the island’s gardens.
In Q4 2023, the group’s new luxury flagship, Villa Haven, will open on the island of Dhiffushi in South Ari atoll. Anchored in nature, this Humble Heaven transcends the boundaries between indoors and outdoors, with 68 sea-facing villas – all with private pools – creating an intimate and secluded island experience. The design is raw, resourceful and reserved, celebrating nature’s beautiful basics with extensive use of sustainable materials that showcase native Maldivian creativity.
In late 2025, Royal Island will transform into Villa Village, a resort that celebrates authentic Maldivian culture.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Villa Hotels & Resorts
As one of the leading hospitality companies in the Maldives, Villa Hotels owns and operates five resorts: Paradise Island Resort and Spa, Royal Island Resort and Spa, Holiday Island Resort and Spa, Sun Island Resort and Spa, and Fun Island Resort and Spa, which is currently closed for renovation. The resort operator also has several subsidiaries, including award-winning wellness brand Araamu Spa and dive centre DiveOceanus.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More