Voting Starts in Maldives Travel Awards Guesthouse Edition 2019
Maldives On a Budget
30 September, 2019
Voting for the Maldives Travel Awards Guesthouse Edition 2019 has opened, organiser Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO) announced Tuesday.
Nominees for Maldives Travel Awards Guesthouse Edition 2019 are announced today with 96 nominations in 14 competing categories. More than 65 Guesthouse properties are listed for the Awards, including 07 Islands, who are competing for Leading Guesthouse Island and Leading Beach Island category. Nominees for the Guesthouse Edition, feature properties across the country from far North to the South, bringing together a collection of Guesthouses that projects the diversity of the destination.
Guesthouse Edition was first introduced in 2017, as an exclusive platform to celebrate tourism in local communities. Winners in the Guesthouse edition are selected with a combination of the popular vote (40%) and traveler ratings (60%) provided by world’s largest travel website Tripadvisor. Votes are collected online through the Maldives Travel Awards website, www.travelawards.com. SMS votes are collected from both networks, Ooreedoo and Dhiraagu. Voting for the Guesthouse Edition 2019 will begin on 15th September 2019 and will continue for a period of 15 days.
As a major switch from previous years, in 2019 MATATO will be presenting the Leading Guesthouse Award to four winners selected from four different locations of the country, namely South, North, and Central Maldives. Leading Guesthouse in Hulhumale’ will also be presented as a separate category. This change is intended to give significance to each region of the country where Guesthouse businesses are thriving.
Recent Posts 01.08.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Amilla Maldives plans Action-Packed Autumn
- Health and Sustainability on the New Menu at Kuredu Island Resort
- Here’s How to Spend Long Weekend at Komandoo Maldives Resort
- Emirates Launches First-Ever Passenger Service From Dubai To Miami
- New Experiences are Waiting for You at Constance Halaveli
- The Maldives lands on Abu Dhabi’s Updated COVID-19 ‘Green List’
- Maldives set 96 Hours for PCR Test Result for Inbound Travellers of All Nationalities
- These 10 adult only All INCLUSIVE resorts in Maldives, are custom-made for Romance
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi to host Russian Ballet
- Get a glimpse of your tropical getaway with the Kuramathi APP
- Malahini Kuda Bandos celebrates 5 Year of Excellence and Magic
- Sun, sea, and Much more at Hondaafushi Island Resort
- Your Summer Would Be Better with Crown & Champa Resorts Collection
- Why You Should Start Dreaming About Komandoo
- New Look Naladhu Private Island to relaunch in November
- Why Upcoming Cora Cora Maldives Resort - The Hottest New opening coming soon
- Meet the new Look of Joali: JOALI BEING, Maldives’ first wellbeing retreat
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
How to Travel On a Budget in The Maldives
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays available, which range from budget guesthouses to backpacker-friendly hotels – there are all accomodation available for under USD 50 a night! The Maldives is a fascinating country to travel to independently, not least becau se it’s only been possible to do so for the past decade. Read More.
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More