W Maldives resort appoints Chef MO as New Executive Chef
Maldives Resataurants & Dining
15 October, 2022
A luxury 5* private island resort W Maldives has announced Chef Mohammed Issa Ali as their new Executive Chef.
Chef MO, a Jordanian born culinary maestro has spent his entire career elevating the gastronomical taste across Middle East. He recently worked with Dukes The Palm, Dubai as Executive Chef where he managed a busy kitchen of 45 chefs, restaurant and bar, and in-room dining for 270 rooms and 260 hotel apartments. Starting at Dukes as Executive Sous Chef in 2016, he was then promoted to Executive Chef at the young age of 33, due to his exceptional leadership skills.
No stranger to luxury hotels, Chef MO has led and rocked kitchens all over the United Arab Emirates and Jordan, including the Shangri-La, Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, The Atlantis, and now ready to put W Maldives in flame. “When I originally moved to the UAE from Jordan, I took big leap of faith. It wasn’t without challenges, but it’s where I’ve grown the most professionally and started a family. With me, having this strong crave for new flavors and appetite for more, taking over the kitchens of Maldives has become my next goal allowing me to have some new ingredients to master with. It exhilarates me even more knowing that it will be W Maldives – a luxury island playground packed with special happenings and activations.”
Chef MO’s career started early. At 16 years of age, the Jordanian joined a banquet kitchen with dreams of becoming a professional chef. He was inspired by two of his uncles who would exchange recipes and discuss their tricks in preparing ingredients. “I have no doubt Chef MO has the recipe for success to enhance our resort’s culinary experience. Between his extensive knowledge, leadership skills and ability to nurture talent, there is no better person to lead our kitchen and serve our tables with elevated culinary offerings,” says Idu Ribeiro, General Manager, W Maldives.
Guests can expect the unexpected with W Maldives’ creative dining across four vibrant restaurants and two bar concepts – KITCHEN, international all day dining; FIRE, elevated backyard grill and charcoal dining experience; FISH, signature overwater restaurant serves ocean-to-table gastronomical treats; KADA, Malvidian pop-up dining venue; WET, gourmet poolside bar; and SIP, pulsating outdoor bar with breathtaking sunset views. Beautifully dispersed amongst the island, restaurants and lounges are perfectly positioned for guests to soak in the beauty of the Maldives in every dining experience. Barefoot, surrounded by palm trees and the Indian Ocean, diners are guaranteed fresh seafood, straight from the ocean and dishes bursting with Maldivian flavors.
Located 25 minutes by seaplane from Male’, W Maldives is a private island playground for those seeking exclusivity and appreciation of a luxury lifestyle brand. The island features 77 private escapes and suites, 27 on the beach and 50 overwater. The resort boasts an overwater specialty restaurant FISH®; all-day dining venue KITCHEN®; BBQ restaurant on the beach FIRE®; sunset and pool bar SIP®; WET® pool bar and deck, and Maldivian pop-up café KADA.
The curated vegan menu by celebrity Chef Priyanka will be available at the resort for a period of one year and guests visiting W Maldives from October 20, 2022 onwards would be able to experience this as an additional culinary offering over and above the dining concepts of the resort.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: for Honeymoon, Beach, Design, Fashion and Music, House Reef Snorkelling
In luxurious hotels mysteriously named "W", the Starwood group emphasizes a confident, young brand - oriented to design, fashion and music. Located in the North Ari Atoll, W Maldives offers 77 escapes and suites located both ashore and overwater, including 28 Wonderful Beach Oasis, 46 Fabulous Overwater Oasis, three WOW Ocean Escape and one Extreme WOW Ocean Haven (the W brand’s interpretation of the Presidential Suite). Each chic and spacious escape features infinity plunge pool. There is a mixture of six bars and restaurants at W Maldives. Kitchen, the all-day dining bistro, and Fire, where guests have their choice of four different barbecues, provide menus for everyone’s palate. Swim up to the pool bar Wet and order a light lunch.
There is even a dining option on the resort’s private desert island, Gaathafushi, or Fish, the resort’s specialty seafood restaurant set over the water and under the stars. Fifteen Below is the only underground club in the Maldives, with its own resident DJ and a sushi bar Sushi Beat.
Guests can also spoil themselves with a selection of over 125 treatments at the award-winning overwater Away Spa.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More