OBLU NATURE Helengeli-All-Inclusive with free Transfers
Best Experience for: All Inclusive, Couples, Family, Beach, Diving, House Reef Snorkeling, Value
Updated Feb, 2022
Embracing the greenery of Helengeli island with its beautiful house reef, this refreshing all-inclusive resort with laid-back island vibe and fashionable design opened its doors in November 2015 under the new name OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli!
Just a short 50 minute speedboat ride from Malé airport, Helengeli is equipped with 116 villas and suites each with a mixture of rustic and tropical interiors. Accommodation is offered on the beach or over the water, and each room is equipped with a spacious open bathroom, and some with private pools. In addition to nice rooms and delicious food, Oblu at Helengeli is undoubtedly a paradise for divers. The resort has its own diving school, with certified PADI courses, and in the region there is an attractive selection of world class dive sites, including an incredibly famous house reef.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Reethi Beach - SUMMER DEAL - 4O% OFF
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- Huvafen Fushi, Male - 41% OFF Free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival
- Atmosphere Resorts: Book direct and get additional 15% off, FREE roundtrip transfers & PCR test!
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 45% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- OZEN COLLECTION, Male - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan when you book directly
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: Fashionably Early - 28% OFF with additional benefits
- Mirihi Island: Special Offer - Stay from 1st May 2022 till 31st October and save -25%
- Kuramathi Getaway: All Meals Included. from US$350
- You & Me Maldives: - UP to 35% OFF Basic Deal 2022
- Dhigali Maldives: BOOK DIRECT & SAVE MORE Offer
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES LUXURY RESORT OFFERS
In the North Malé Atoll, OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli is a vibrant and refreshingly modern all-inclusive resort with a stylish design and a relaxed island feel. With natural channels and a jaw-dropping house reef just metres from the island, this is a true underwater haven filled with spectacular coral and marine life that include silver-tipped sharks, lobsters and giant sea turtles. This trendy resort has a slightly younger vibe, with great watersports facilities and even Wi-Fi on your speedboat transfer, meaning you can flood your Instagram feed with pictures of paradise before you've even arrived at the resort.
In 2021 Green Globe re-certified OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli for the second consecutive year.
North Malé also known as northern Kaafu is the main atoll in the Maldives, where in the first time in the country the tourism was launched. The capital of Maldives, Male City and Velana International Airport (MLE) are also located in the North Male Atoll. North Male Atoll is home to a great collection of luxury 5* star resorts and budget guest houses. Read More...
OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli is a contemporary all-inclusive resort located just a short 50 minute speedboat transfer from Malé. One aspect of its good value is the fact that it has a speedboat transfer rather than an expensive seaplane trip. The island is in the same atoll as the airport and Male but it feels remote and all alone in the northeast corner. Being set in the middle of one of the region's wide channels adds to this feeling and tells you why the resort has always been a big hit with serious divers.
The island is 2 kilometres long and here on little Helengeli the room count is going up from 51 to 132. One very clever way they have achieved this is by building Lagoon Villas in an area that has no beach and was formerly closed off to guests. Now the rooms are built into the lagoon with their entry from the land. Facing northwest the sunset should be visible from most decks and their plunge pools. Steps from the deck will put you right into the lagoon and close to the housereef. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
All of the villas and suites are contemporary in design, and feature classic Maldivian touches that add to their charm. Beach Villas are just steps from the ocean, with an outdoor terrace and generous open-air bathroom, while Lagoon Villas have the luxury of a private plunge pool, with an overwater deck that leads out into the surrounding lagoon. For the ultimate indulgence, the Beach Suites are a very exclusive retreat, situated on the sunset side of the island with spacious outdoor gardens and a generous private pool.
On the same side of the island, mostly at the bottom end where the beach is, are the Deluxe Beach Villas. Like the Lagoon Villas, these are all semi-detached. On the other side of the island are the few Beach Villas. There isn’t much of a beach on this side but the lovely sand bar is just a very short walk away.
The rooms look to be pleasant, modern and light-filled. They should be a calm retreat from the action in the water and around the pool, bar and restaurants. This public area is set right in the narrow middle of the island. This is usually the heart of a resort and particularly of all inclusives. Maldives all inclusive holidaysare getting more and more popular so there are more such resorts being built. In the end the competition is all about value for money and OBlu looks like it could be a winner there.
Restaurants and Bars
For dining, The Spice is the resort's main buffet restaurant where you can enjoy delicious international dishes, all freshly prepared at live cooking stations. Open for lunch and dinner, the beachsideJust Grill is the resort's speciality à la carte restaurant, where you can tuck into succulent seafood and mouth-watering grilled meats in front of stunning Indian Ocean views. Helen's Bar is the perfect place for a relaxing after-dinner tipple, with a fantastic selection of wines, beers and spirits to choose from, and a recommended menu of exotic cocktails to try.
All Inclusive Package-What's Included
The best all inclusives are lively, friendly and fun places that keep going long into the evening. Both the guests and the staff are more relaxed where there is no issue of tracking expenditures or signing for everything. Whether OBlu becomes one of the best Maldives all inclusives we’ll have to see but Atmosphere do have some experience in this popular and growing segment of the market. Atmosphere at Kanifushi is gaining a good reputation as a premium all inclusive.
FOOD & BEVERAGE: Buffet breakfast, lunch & dinner at THE SPICE on all days
(LIVE Stations Included); Sunset finger food service on all days (4pm - 6.30pm)
HELEN'S BAR & POOL (OPEN 09.00am Until 01.00am) UNLIMITED regular spirits & beers
Selection of cocktails; House-pour wine (Red,White & Rose); Bottled Water , soft drinks
& Pre-packed juices, Tea, Coffee
EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES: One sunset fishing during stay; One shopping excursion to a nearby inhabited island during stay;
NON-MOTORIZED WATER SPORTS: Stand-Up paddle boards; Kayaks; Pedalos
The island's rocky tip that faces to the open ocean is closed to guests and the currents in the channels on both sides work against long, wide beaches. However, one side of the island (south-west) is much better than the other (and of course there is a view of the sunset). A permanent sand spit at the southern tip is located two steps from the shore. Sandy beaches are not subject to erosion, and look just perfect. In addition there are several breakwaters and walls with proper care for the environment, but nevertheless the surroundings are always pleasing to the eye.
DIVING & SNORKELLING
On the theme of diving, it is hardly necessary to talk about TGI Maldives, since the clientele is fully informed about the options from the past experience, as well as from the reviews on the site. This is a resort, where divers know their business. Training is readily allowed, but most divers are experienced and very experienced. The underwater world in the northeast corner of North Male Atoll does offer an abundance of marine life with a large number of dive sites. As they say, there is no dive 'in the bubble'. Fish life in the region is extremely abundant and diverse, from many schools of small reef fish to the top predators: sharks, barracuda and tuna, and in the season of mantas rays and whale sharks. One of the finest thilas anywhere, Helengeli Thila, is just 6 minutes from the island.
Compared to the island, the lagoon is quite small - hence the exotic Helengeli's house reef that is only a few meters from the beach. The house reef itself is good for snorkeling and diving and has 6 entry points and supply tanks from the dive center, being this very popular site. Black-tip reef sharks, rays, sea bass and octopus are just a few catching moments for your eyes during the day, and at night the cave of lobsters comes to life. Although the house reef is close to shore all around the island, the channel currents and the open ocean at one end mean the area for relaxing snorkeling is really just down and beyond one half of one side, where the beach and trailing sand bar is. The fish life is very good but the coral growth is a little disappointing, and besides renting masks and snorkel is free of charge. Daily snorkeling excursions from the resort include a full day Manta rays snorkelling at Boduhithi Thila, and a snorkeling + barbecue trip to the famous uninhabited Kagi island on the northernmost tip of the atoll.
These unique characteristics make diving here an unforgettable experience! Each side of the island is absolutely ideal for diving in the canal. The current in the atoll allows you to observe all marine biodiversity, including pelagic fish categories, such as tuna, sharks, rays and jackfish. Dive sites in this area are available, both for beginners and advanced divers ... from diving in the reef, to drift diving and exploration of underwater towers!
Most of the guests are now Europeans. If parties and beaches are not your forte - this place is an unbeatable value for money. The new, improved Oblu Helengeli is just a perfect pearl.
Nevertheless, a resort with such a large number of divers will never be short of night parties, including dancing. In fact, this is an ultra quiet island in the evenings there is no organized entertainment (except diving nights), but this does not mean that after sunset everyone goes to sleep and there is absolutely nothing to do. With guests during the day go for diving or on excursions, and the picturesque island is ideal to swim, snorkel, relax or just do nothing. In a pleasant setting the modern ELENA Spa with luxury spa products helps the whole process.
Helengeli has long been one of the traditional islands for diving in the Maldives. After a series of renovations, this hotel is now much larger than before. The resort caters to many tastes, offering to enjoy the authentic barefoot experience and tropical vibe, but however today requires some style and modernity. With a great value, all-inclusive offering, a beautiful and clearly well managed, Helengeli is an ideal for those looking for a true island paradise, including single and families with children alike.
...“Amazing place for a beautiful and relaxing vacation!”, “Excellent, of the higest standard. Will definately return for another holiday”, “Absolute paradise”, Exceptional, “Amazing place with clean room, fresh air.”, “Everything I expected and more”, “Perfect stay in the Maldives. A+ diving, food, service, value. Can't recommend enough.”, “Excellent resort on a beautiful island”, “Amazing stay which exceeded our expectations in every way.”, “Excellent experience. We see all kinds of marine life just by the jetty near the beach.”, “Heaven in the world...”, “OBLU Helengeli - a true island paradise.”, “Fantastic holiday”, “Snorkelling Paradise!”, “An unforgettable honeymoon in paradise”, “The best holiday in a lifetime!”,
“Excellent!Friendly people and Professional yoga teacher unforgettably”, “great place to stay and relax”, “An unforgettable experience!”... Superb
Why stay here? What Guests Love
- Excellent location in the North Malé Atoll, only 50 minute speedboat ride from Malé
- Stylish and contemporary beach suites and villas; its very clean.
- A stunning house reef snorkeling: ambundance marine life including turtles, rays and sharks
- PADI Diving School and famous nearby dive sites
- the cosy feeling on the small island
- the beaches
- Friendly and helpfull staff
- swimming pool, facilities for children
- Delicious and varied food, including vegetarian dishes, beach barbecue, a la carte options. A diverse buffets
- Elena spa
What You Need to Know
- Plan an All Inclusive holiday at your favorite Maldivian villa with an additional 15% off by booking directly through OBLU Helengeli official website.
- Check-out at 12 o'clock Check-in at 2 pm;
- For some Deluxe Beach Villas (on west side island, between n°218 and 226) that have direct access to the beach, you will only find rocks and dead reefs beyond the front step villa. But this is due to erosion and tide on this side of the island.
- Limited offered snacks for all-inclusive package (for some)
- Depending on the weather condition, the 50min boat trip between airport and island could give you seasickness if you are not used to it.
- Difficult to get more than 2 dives in one day due to dive centre opening times.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Blue Voyager - 22 Oct 2022 - from €1,938.00 - Baa & Central Atolls (Male-Male) - 10% OFF
- Emperor Virgo - 28 Aug 2022 - from €1,545.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - €200 OFF! Rates include discounts
- Princess Sara - 06 Aug 2022 - from €1,278.00 - Best of Central Atolls (Male - Male) - 10% OFF
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More