Green Globe re-certifies OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli for second year
Best Eco Resorts in The Maldives
21 July, 2021
OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli is a luxury all-inclusive island resort renowned for its exotic house reef just 50-min away by speedboat from Male' International Airport.
The resort comprises of 116 villas in 4 categories, on an All-Inclusive plan with high quality world cuisine, combined with a range of activities including fantastic Channel Diving along with a serene Garden Spa! Positioned as a Four-Star Superior resort, OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli strive to be a 'Best in Class' Maldivian Beach holiday Experience!
Green Globe recently re-certified OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli for the second consecutive year.
According to The OBLU Helengeli Vision, “Green Globe Certification offers the world’s most recognised and longest running program allowing us, as one of the green leaders in the travel and tourism industry, to confidently promote our environmental credentials along with our commitment to the people and prosperity of our location.”
Both management and staff are committed to the property’s Sustainability Management Plan which guides the property’s daily operations in a sustainable manner and takes into consideration environmental, socio-cultural, quality and health & safety issues.
OBLU Helengeli works in collaboration with TGI Maldives to protect and maintain the marine environment, primarily its house reef, which is rated as one of the best snorkelling and diving spots in the Maldives.
Yearly checks of the health of the reef are conducted confirming that biodiversity is maintained at a high level.
The resort has also started a programme to catalogue all the marine species found in surrounding waters to aid conservation and education efforts.
Minimising environmental impacts is at the forefront of planning in this pristine location.
Renovations and repairs completed at the property include sustainable and energy-saving methods that will be durable over a long period.
Refurbishments re-use as much of the original structure as possible and incorporate local design and architecture such as kajan roofing and dhoani shaped masts along with environmentally friendly materials like coir, wood and bamboo.
OBLU Helengeli actively contributes to community development in line with Atmosphere Hotels and Resorts’ CSR policy.
The resort provides educational opportunities for interns from local educational establishments to undertake vocational training and skill development in tourism and hospitality.
In addition, OBLU Helengeli supports health initiatives aimed at enhancing the well-being of local community members.
The property also purchases food from local producers and local fishermen to stimulate regional economic activity.
New tourism market
The Maldives reopened its borders on July 15, 2020, the first Asian destination to reopen for tourism since the start of the pandemic lockdowns.
Massive growth was seen in the number of tourists visiting the Maldives from India, an unprecedented year-over-year growth of 105 per cent as compared to other global businesses that have experienced a downturn in overall visitor numbers.
Historically, India is not a top volume generator for Maldivian resorts however, travel restrictions impeding traditional tourism markets contributed to this turnaround.
Recent Posts 17.01.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Reward and Recognition of Maldives Underwater Initiative at Six Senses Laamu
- Norwegian Cruise Line Introduces Norwegian Viva
- Manta Trust Newsletter, January 2022
- Island Luxury by Secret Paradise opens First Local Island Boutique Hotel
- Enjoy Extraordinary 40% Savings & Daily $1,000 Egift Givaway at Anantara Hotels
- Maldives Updates and Shortens Recommended Isolation and Covid-19 Quarantine
- Chill and Play at One of the Maldives’ most Exclusive resorts with 20% savings
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI recognized Best Honeymoon and Family Destination
- You are invited! Book Early and Save up to 55% at Kandima Maldives
- Ready for Pampering? Here’s Where to Find Decadence in the Maldives
- Travel Insurance Can Now Be Purchased With Marriott While Booking a Reservation
- The Year to explore the Maldives with Crown & Champa Resorts collection
- From Whale Sharks to Surf, Discover the Natural Side of COMO Maalifushi
- Enjoy up to 25% off to celebrate Qatar Airways' 25th anniversary
- Takes your Tennis game to the next Level at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- Traveling With Kids in Maldives? Take advantage of LUXURY FAMILY VILLA OFFER at Anantara Dhigu Resort: Children stay and dine free
- MSC Cruises Unveils 2022 "Cruise With Confidence" Program
- Latest News from Mirihi Island, January
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- Review Year 2021: B-Town divas who set the Internet on Fire with their Bikini Photos
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Atmosphere Hotels & Resort
Atmosphere’s first property, Atmosphere Kanifushi, opened its doors in December 2013. The group opened its second property, OBLU by Atmosphere at Helengeli, in November 2015; followed by their flagship ‘Lifestyle Luxury’ sub-brand, OZEN by Atmosphere, in July 2016; and then OBLU Select at Sangeli, which opened in July 2018.
The newest addition to the portfolio, VARU by Atmosphere, offering a naturally Maldivian experience, is due to open in October 2019.
Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts offers guest-centric resort experiences through unique Resort Plans, offering guests a range of all-encompassing experiences, with varieties of dining options as well as a number of complimentary amenities and activities that ensure a relaxed, hassle-free holiday experience at each resort, all while staying true to the brand’s core philosophy: ‘The Joy of Giving’. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More