Fun Things to do in Maldives at Night
From bioluminescent beaches to night diving, the Maldives' offerings are sometimes best seen at night. Explore some of our favorite evening activities in Maldives below.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals
- Horizon 3 - 02 Jul 2023 - from €1,270 - Best of the Central Atolls (Male - Ari - Vaavu - Male)Up to 1400USD off!
- Seafari Explorer 2 - 10 Dec 2023 - €1,806 - Central Atolls (Male - Male)Up to $260 OFF!!
- Emperor Harmoni - 21 Dec 2023 - from €2,646 - Best of Raja Ampat (Sorong - Sorong)Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (30% OFF)
Marvel at Sea of Stars Maldives
A nature miracle, the gorgeous glowing beach is on the Mudhdhoo Island, also known as the Vaadhoo Island on Raa Atoll. Famous for its phenomenal fluorescent, glowing waves this natural phenomenon occurs due to the presence of millions of marine microbes known as phytoplankton in the water. This phytoplankton is bioluminescent and as the skies get darker after sunset, these microscopic planktons emit a bright vibrant blue light in the water which creates an ethereal effect. This phenomenon makes the waves glow as they gently splash over the bioluminescent beach and is the ideal place to spend your time after sunset in the Maldives. The best time to visit the glowing beach is between June and October. Faarufushi, Cora-Cora resort and You & Me Maldives are nearest hotels to see Sea of Stars Maldives
Help to Release Baby Sea Turtles
The Maldives are home to five of the world's seven sea turtle species. Sea turtles lay their eggs all year round; however, the most active nesting season falls from May to June. The greatest number of hatching takes place from July to August.
Hatchlings usually wait until night to emerge from the nest. Emerging at night reduces exposure to daytime predators. Turtles normally hatch during the full moon, but some of the hatchlings do come out on darker nights.You can help the baby turtles in their struggle for survival by helping them go in the right direction.
Ever dreamt of what stargazing in the Maldives feels like? Starry nights in the Maldives, away from the bright city lights, are magical. Spend a romantic evening together stargazing at the star studded skies above. A view that is indeed like no other.
Anantara Kihavah's overwater observatory and SKY bar allows guests to drink in the atmosphere under a starry night sky as the night unfolds, while experiencing a stargazing session with the SKY Guru through Maldives’ most powerful overwater observatory. The resort's in-house astronomers will guide guests through the secrets of the stars and constellations. Couples can book a special Honeymoon Stargazing option, allow honeymooners to name a star after their loved one as an infinite gift and toast champagne to an extraordinary night of illuminating romance.
One of the most exciting activities in the Maldives. Night it’s time to discover what lies below the surface of the Indian ocean after the sun has set…will it be frightening or exhilarating?
Decide for yourself with the House Reef Night Dive and the boat Night Dive to Caves; there are lots of fascinating things to see under the surface at night on both of these unforgettable dives in Maldives. Read More
Take a time of the most spectacular starlit screen
These day, more and more resorts in the Maldives are finding stylish ways to keep guests entertained from dawn till dusk. The most properties add a touch of Hollywood to your Maldives experience with spectacular outdoor cinemas set up in fantastic locations. With their spectacular beach or over-the-water settings, the guest enjoy to a memorable under-the-stars movie experience. Here you don't need to worry about a socially-distanced just kick back, relax and watch a good old classic while sipping ice-cold cocktails. Popcorn, and gentle ocean breezes are also included.
What's a better fishing experience? You get to test your fishing skills, thrill your taste buds and savor the Maldives' delicacies. Enjoy the sunset while fishing the local way, reel them in with your hand line and bait. Just drop your baited lines and wait for the fish to start biting! Once the reeling in of fishes begins, don’t be surprised if you find yourself reeling in fishes varying from Red Snappers to jackfish, grouper or even trevally.
Depending on the number of edible catches, either you will be invited for a barbeque dinner or the fishes will be prepared for you at the Sea Breeze Restaurant for tasting. READ MORE
Fluo Night Snorkelling Experience
The Maldives' reefs come alive with a different kind of marine life after the sun sets. Fluorescent night snorkelling is perfect way to discover this dark and dull world under a brand new light.Watch the underwater world light up as the sun goes down for an experience that’s unlike any other. Grab your snorkel, mask and a waterproof UV torch and watch nocturnal sea creatures come out to play.
Keep your eyes peeled for a lionfish, lobster or an octopus and create your own galaxy of glittering bioluminescence or simply immerse yourself in the magical marine life vibe as bioluminescent corals and anemones illuminate the sea with their bright, mesmerizing neon colors! Read More
Ranging from Subsix underwater nightclub to traditional Bodu Beru show, from the resident live bands to starlit discos by the DJ and beach parties, night life in Maldives luxury resorts is abundant. There is something to excite everyone, as well as plenty of options for those preferring a quiet and relaxed evening in the Maldives.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Anantara Maldives - UP to 35% OFF, Anantara’s special offers
- Hard Rock Hotel - Summer Family CAMP-CATION with fun-filled activities for Kids & Teens
- Constance Maldives - UP to 45% OFF, for stays until 29th Sep 2023
- Fushifaru Maldives: 40% discount & Kids STAY & EAT Free! Free Cancellation
- Baros Maldives: 41% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 41% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on Luxury All Inclusive Plan
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best for Budget Trip
Best Resorts in Maldives
Recent Posts 20.05.2023
- Where was 'Love in the Maldives' filmed? Cast & Locations
- ELE|NA celebrates Sustainable Spa Association award
- Fari Islands marks Second-Year Anniversary with sustainability initiatives Celebrations
- Holiday Inn Maldives and Parley for the Oceans to partner on save the ocean
- A long Weekend on the Horizon? Plot Your Water Escape at Hideaway Beach Resort
- Unparalleled Luxury where perfection meets the sea: Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort
- Corinthia set for Maldives entry with opening luxury hotel
- Latest News from Vilamendhoo Island, May 2023
- This Summer Kids Stay and Eat Free at OUTRIGGER Maldives
- Why Book Direct with Hideaway Beach Resort
- Reethi Beach Resort celebrates Culinary Awards at FHAM 2023
- SHe Travel Club recognizes Cora Cora Maldives resort with Gold Status
- Brennia Kottefaru Maldives resort opens new Wine Cellar
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More