Anantara Resorts in The Maldives
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Part of Thai hospitality group Minor Hotel Group, Anantara Resorts offers a range of options in the Maldives to suit all tastes whether you want to go on honeymoon, take the family, or simply looking for a winter sun beach break as a couple. Pick the luxury that moves you.
Each Anantara luxury resort in the Maldives has its own individual style. Wherever you sink anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to discover for you which side of the island to be on, the proportions of the villas, the quality of the house-reef for snorkelling or the best of the cocktail at sunset - any question you might have, they will know the answer to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions.
In addition to the Anantara resorts, Minor Hotel Group manages the private island Naladhu Private Island Maldives in South Male Atoll and Niyama Private Islands Maldives in Dhaalu Atoll.
Anantara, a Thai hotel brand have extensively redeveloped what were formerly the 3 resorts of Dhiggufinolhu, Veligandu Huraa and Bodu Huraa in the Maldives. Dhiggufinolhu became Dhigu, and shares conveniences with Veli right across the lagoon. Veligandu Huraa, always the smartest of the 3, has been upgraded to a 6-star resort called Naladhu. The hotels are set on a private islands, often quite a distance from the next island, yet Anantara Dhighu, Naladhu and Anantara Veli share the same lagoon connected by walkways or a short boat ride to each other.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Adaaran Resorts: EASTER BREAK offer - UP to 40% OFF; book till 10 March, stay till 15th of May 2021
- Crown & Champa Resorts OFFERS: UP to 40% OFF; Hot deals are extended with booking window till 31 March
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort: Save UP to 40%, book till 31 March 2021 - stay Now - 30 April 2022
- InterContinental Maldives: min 4 nights from 1460.00 usd with complimentary return transfers for two and much more benefits
- Accorhotels Maldives: Maldives destination offer
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included.
- Dhigali Maldives: Dhigali Family Escape package - safe at least 48% !
- Anantara Resorts Maldives: Deals start from USD 464
- Constance Maldives: Up to 40% OFF
- Kandima Packages: As low as US$ 400 per night
- Coco Collection: ISLAND ESCAPE Offer - Use the code “ISLANDESCAPE” to get up to 15% off;
- You & Me Maldives: Honeymoon Offer, Repeaters Discount
- Kihaa Maldives: up to 40% OFF Members Only
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer from $337.
- Reethi Faru Resort: TWO BEDROOM SUITE FAMILY PACKAGE
The three resorts are just 35 minutes by speedboat from Male International Airport making access exceptionally easy after your flight. Naladhu is the their top-end offering and the colonial style houses have pools which are absolutely enormous, and as good as any you will find in the Maldives. Guests at Naladhu can visit the other islands, maybe for dinner, and return to this little sanctuary, but guests from Veli and Dhigu can’t visit Naladhu which maintains its luxurious exclusivity. Good to know that Dhighu is the best for families, with a range of 2-bedroom villas, superb kids club, sandy beaches and shallow water to have a little paddle in the sea. With adult-only policy, Veli is aimed at couples and honeymooners, although the water villas are a touch close together and generally suggest opting for Naladhu or Kihavah.
Anantara Kihavah in Baa Atoll the north of the Maldives certainly has the wow factor with an under-water restaurant and superb diving spots and the villas naturally come with inviting private pools.
Meanwhile, a sister brand to Anantara Hotels, Resorts and Spas - AVANI Hotels and Resorts recently announced the development of its first hotel in the Maldives, and AVANI Fares Maldives Resort scheduled to open in late 2019.
Their thoughtfully designed luxury resorts provide windows into the genuine modern character of each island. Inside and outside each property travellers engage with the places, people and stories that make the destination like nowhere else in the world. Guests curate a lifetime of memories through personal experiences as Anantara opens doors and enables journeys of adventure and indulgen.
Best Experience: for family, activities
With some of the most spacious, luxury villas in the Maldives, a superb kids club, a huge choice of activities and just a 35-minute speedboat ride from Velana (Male) International Airport, Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort is a picture-perfect setting for your next tropical beach holiday with the family. With an excellent selection of spacious villas perfectly positioned to catch the sunrise or sunset, on the beach and over the water, or even with a private plunge pool – there is something to appeal to all families. From the moment you arrive at the resort's jetty, little ones will be ooh-ing and aah-ing in wonder as they peer into the crystal-clear waters to spy puffer fish, sting rays and baby reef sharks. With eight dining options each with a tasty children's menu, families are sure to find something to please even the fussiest of eaters. And they will be wide-eyed with delight as they discover the endless choice of activities, adventures and excursions that await! Read Full Review
Best Experience: for Couples (only), Privacy and Tranquillity, Fine Dining, Activities
For an unforgettable beach experience, like anywhere else, go to Anantara Veli Maldives - quite simply because the resort ticks all the boxes and brings the best of both worlds together. The hotel 'for adults only' is ideal for couples who prefer not to force children to interrupt their hard earned vacation. Not one, but two magnificent islands to relax with the healing properties of massage, facial and Ayurveda. A total of seven restaurants share your meals between them. Possibility to make the most of the water surroundings with surfing, deep-sea fishing and sailing. And, of course, there are ideal pristine sands, clear turquoise waters and iconic water bungalows, that makes the Maldives so desirable destination - all encompassed by five-star hospitality and luxury. And the last reason to book is an exellent location. Anantara Veli is 30 minutes by speedboat from Male airport. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: quiet and private, honeymoon, gourmet dining, activities
Naladhu in the Anantara's Maldives chain - the most secluded resort. Meaning "a beautiful island," the description is rather modest, given what he offers. The ideal holiday in Naladhu Private Island begins with an ideal location on a secluded paradise island next to two other Anantara resorts: Anantara Dhigu and Anantara Veli. With high levels of privacy, first of all guests are accommodated in ultra elegant 20 spacious beachfront and ocean facing houses instead of ordinary water villas or bungalows. Featuring the concept of a new era for the age-old tradition of excellent service and style in the Maldives, Naladhu is the place where everything is as it should be. All is familiar here, not because you were here before, but because it looks just like you would like to imagine. Create your own timeless moment from a collage of three islands, sand, sun, sea and exceptional service. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Ultimate Luxury, Over Water Villas, Privacy and Tranquillity, spa, Wildlife, swimming with mantas
Discover Anantara Kihavah, a boutique hotel with all the advantages of a paradise island of dreams you can imagine - white beaches with fringed palm trees, turquoise waters, dedicated butlers, fine dining and luxurious Over Water Villas - and you will not be disappointed. Anantara Kihavah is just 35 minutes by seaplane from the main Velana International Airport. Following the scenic flight, guests arrive to a picture-perfect setting surrounded by the jewel-coloured waters and uninhabited islands of the majestic Indian Ocean.
Comprising 75 one-bedroom villas, four two-bedroom residences and a three-bedroom residence, each hideaway boasts large personal infinity-edge pools, dining pavilions, expansive wooden sundecks and ample lounging areas complete with swinging daybeds, hammocks and sun loungers. All villas feature his and hers walk-in wardrobes, rain showers, outdoor showers and over-sized bathtubs big enough for two. Sunken glass bottom bathtubs in the over water villas offer a mesmerising view of the sparkling ocean, both below and beyond the adjacent infinity-edge pool. Read Full Review...
Best Experience: Watersports, Two Pristine Islands perfect for Family & Couples, Luxury Surfing, Underwater night club
Niyama Private Islands Maldives goes beyond conventional concepts of lavish accommodation, sumptuous cuisines, and personalised service; by presenting every visitor with myriad opportunities to create their own exceptional island experience. Set on two pristine islands Chill and Play on Dhaalu Atoll in the Maldives, Niyama Private Islands Maldives brings novelty to one of the most stunning settings in the world. Dining at sea, underwater, deep in the jungle or in the treetops. Submitting to spa journeys over water or in a garden. Adrenaline-fuelled adventures are interspersed with quiet moments of perfection on long stretches of powdery beach. Always delighted with the water, your children will be here in their element. Children's Club Explorers - for kids of all ages, although teenagers will get the most out of this activity. Endless breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean, boat trips, diving and water sports are additional benefits of this a luxury 5 * Indian Ocean resort. Read Full Review...
LiveAboard.com Special Deals (01.03.21) in Maldives
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
- Moonima - 04 Apr 2021 - from €1,312.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - (26% OFF)
- Princess Rani - 18 Apr 2021 - from €1,240.00 - Addu - Male - Valid on new bookings only.
- Maldives Aggressor II - 02 May 2021 - from €1,857.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - Travel the World Special! (25% OFF)
- Nautilus Two - 3 Jun 2021 - from €1,344.00 - Ari and South - €640 OFF on Summer Specials!
- Blueshark One - 5 Sep 2021 - from €1,075.00 - Central Atolls - For New Booking Only. Valid until March 31, 2021
- Emperor Serenity - 12 Sep 2021 - from €1,429.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - (25% OFF)
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 06.03.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Experience fun family vacations in the Maldives with latest hotel deals and special offers!
- Enjoy Fantastic Vacation in Maldives 2021 with Crown & Champa Resorts special offers
- Anantara Kihavah unveils collection of Luxury Private Pool Residences
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives has announced its partnership with Jean-Michel Cousteau
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO hosts Indian Celebrity wedding
- LUX* Maldives Luxury Resorts announces new appointments
- Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with Ministry of Crabs
- 5 Romantic Ways to enjoy Mirihi Island
- 10 Luxury Hotels in Maldives for Solo Travelers
- Discover an Unique places to Stay in the Maldives
- Maldives named world’s most Instagrammed tourist location
- Vakkaru Maldives welcomes innovative Wellness specialist Domingos Folgado
- Experience the Maldives Best Vacations on board Luxury private yacht
- Most Romantic Luxury Vacation Deals in Maldives You Don't Want to Miss
- Enjoy your Vacation in Paradise with this 10 Free Transfer offers
- 10 Best Hotels in Maldives for Under $200 per Night
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More