Kudafushi Resort & Spa
Best Experience: Couples, Families, Beach, House Reef Snorkeling, Diving, All Inclusive
Boasting an amazing house reef and powder white sand beaches, Kudafushi Resort & Spa is an all inclusive hotel in Raa atoll. Located in the north of the Maldives and accessible by a 45-minute seaplane jorney from the Male International Airport, Kudafushi is a new resort offering its guests a variety of facilities and affordable to superior accommodation as well unparalleled under- and over-water adventures.
With five types of room categories to offer, Kudafushi counts more than 100 overwater and beach villas, superb dining experiences, a stunning garden spa, dive and water sports, well-appointed kids club and a wide range of other recreation facilities. Suited for both couples and families alike, “Kuda” – light-filled gem in an infinite ocean of life in Dhivehi – is an unforgettable paradise blessed with powder soft, brilliant white sand, crystal clear turquoise water, 360-degree uninterrupted views and sprawling house reef with unique marine life.
At the Male airport you will be met by the resort's member and kindly escorted to a signature lounge with drinks and snacks and wifi to wait for registration and boarding the seaplane. Upon arrival at Kudafushi expect warm welcome with a refreshing towel and welcome drink by staff members before a quick but thorough check-in, and explaining the facilities and taking you to the room.
Opened on January 2017 Kudafushi is medium-sized island resort that makes it feel even more exclusive. It takes about 20 minutes to walk a lap and the resort has a buggy service for the guests. The island is really beautiful and well looked after. The plants and flowers are doing well considering the island has been open less than two years. The vegetation is quite mature & gives enough privacy and stopped everybody cutting through your villa. With a little more management it would be possible to take out some planting around the small area on the South side that is not passable apart from at low tide to complete an Island circular walk a popular activity for all guests. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
You'll be positively surprised that the island is never feel crowded; not in the restaurant, not in the pool area and not in the bars or on the beaches. The house reef with abundant marine life right near the beach and easily reachable. Swimming pool area is a good size with plenty of beds and good views along with a breeze. East-west oriented, the beautiful island boasts beautiful beaches with especially wide stripes of powdery sands on the north side and also at the island's tips. You also will witness the most incredible sunsets! A real paradise.
Although the resort is Italian led there is a good mix of nationalities and the benefits are that the food is superb offering lots of choice at the daily buffets.
Staff on the island is really attentive from arrival to departure. Nothing was to much trouble and it's pleasant sharing daily experiences with the site management who really do care about their guests stay. Each villa is assigned "HERO" who is supposedly the person is the first point of contact if you have trouble or a request, but unfortunately it do not work well sometimes.
Raa atoll or North Maalhosmadulu is one of the northern, most visited atolls in the Maldives, separated from Baa atoll by Hani Kandu is a canal 5 km wide. Almost 70 km long and 30 km wide there are 88 islands in Raa atoll, 15 of which are inhabited. Raa atoll is home to a some luxury hotels include: Emerald, InterContinental Maldives and an ultra luxurious Joali Maldives. Read More...
Kudafushi Resort & Spa is located on a small, approximately 200m x 600m island Kuda Fushi surrounded by tropical vegetation in the southern part of Raa Atoll. The Malé is about 150 km away. Reach Kudafushi Island via a 45-minute scenic seaplane jorney from Male’ International Airport. Alternatively, you can choose to take a 30-minute domestic flight from Male’ International Airport to Ifuru Domestic airport then, a 25-minute speedboat transfer to Kudafushi Resort & Spa.
Villas and Suites
Focuses on the preservation of marine life, local lifestyle, tradition and culture the resort consists of 107 villas; Including 40 Beach Villas, 32 Beach Villas with private pool, 24 Water Villas, 10 Water Villas with private pool and 1 Presidential Water Suite.
We recommend to try both Beach Villa and Water Villa. They are both great in different ways. The beach villa is a little bigger and has a nice outdoor bath area, whereas the water villa offers unobstructed view of the sea.
The Beach Villas (92sqm) around the main reception building are equipped with terrace with sun beds and a table with chairs. The vegetation is so dense that you can see the ocean only through a path cut in the brush. However it's not far away, and there are sun beds also on the narrow beach behind the bushes so you could sun bathe there also.
There are different options of what you would get beach and view wise depending on the location of your villa. Generally speaking the villas with pool have the most beach and unobstructed views whereas the villas for example next to a'la carte restaurant on the north-east corner have no beach at all since the tide practically washed upon the back yard. This might actually not be a bad thing if you like the sea. The Beach Villas on the island's north side (around the Spa) is best choice. The rooms have just the right amount of vegetation to offer privacy but not completely block the view of the beach and sea.
Beach Villas with Pool ( 102sqm) have plenty of space, an in-hall comfy sofa, big bed, wi-fi, TV, satellite channels, safe, mini-bar and a big closet. There's an awesome outside WC with 2 sinks, Bath tub, 2 showers and 1 toilet. Outside there is the private pool with a table with chairs, 2 sun loungers and direct connection to the beach. The staff always cleans the room twice a day and they change the bed and pillows, and all the towels. The room has tea and coffee and there is plenty of water bottles. The mini bar is topped up daily and you also get 2 cans of beer on top of soft drinks. If the drink you require is not there a quick call to reception and it is brought over for you. You really don’t need to take many toiletries with you as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, soap, a disposable razor and foam and even toothbrushes are in the bathrooms and of good quality.
Water Villas and Water Villas with Pool are located on both sides of the jetty at the island's eastern tip. The interiors have hardwood floors and a thatch roof combined with stylish contemporary décor. The private lodging’s sun terrace gives each guest their own spaceoverlooking the mesmerizing ocean. The rooms are very comfortable with a private pool and access to the ocean for swimming or house reefsnorkeling.
Facing the sunrise the Presidential Suite (175sqm) is the most luxurious accommodation on the island. This idyllic escape is set right above a blue lagoon at the end of the jetty. Slip straight from your deck into the azure water below, or take a dip in your private plunge pool. Treasure the intimacy of an over-water sanctuary that offers breathtaking views and a modern posh design.
Restaurants and Bars
The special mention has to be the food. There are two a la Carte restaurants on the island and the main buffet restaurant in the centre for the all-inclusive option.
Overlooking the beach and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner De' North is the resort's main restaurant featuring local Maldivian cuisines and dishes from around the world in a stylish setting. The huge eatery has an impressive spread, and hands down, served the best food, from Waggu beef to caviar - you name it: table cold dishes, table raw vegetables and relative dressing, table hot dishes, special dish, grill, table fresh fruit, dried fruit and cheese, and bakery table. Even the desserts are so well presented and delicious. Many guests enjoy homemade pasta, a variety of antipasto and fresh fish grilled in front if you and an array of fresh salads and other hot options. The staff is very friendly and pleasant, especially the restaurant manager and the hostess - waiters are very responsive and always smiling. It seems that all guests are satisfied with the offer and the quality of the food, and every night they have different themes from around the world, so it never gets tedious. On the island there are also two other a la carte restaurants but the buffet is really impressive.
Open for dinner only, OLIVE ME is the restaurant and wine cellar. The place where the flavors and colors of Mediterranean cuisine come together in traditional dishes to satisfy the most curios palates. A wide selection of wines from around the world completes your gourmet food.
Located onthe island's western tip SEA EDGE De’ Bar & Grill is the most charming place to sip an aperitif or to delight with delicacies from the grill in a very trendy atmosphere drifting from the emotions that every sunset offers. Open for lunchand dinner the Sunset & Grill Restaurant is also the best place for cocktails at the overwater cabanas with a majestic view of the ocean. Choose from an selection of delicious cuisines to pair with the selection of wines.
Juju is a pool bar with a great location to chill out and enjoy cocktails any time of the day. You can relax on the large outdoor decks whilst enjoying a refreshing drink or swim in the infinity pool.
As alcohol is expensive in the Maldives you really do have to choose your option from Soft All Inclusive (Free soft drinks, water & moktails as listed on the Ju Ju Bar menu plus soft drinks and water plus two cans of beer a day in your room).
All Inclusive: What's Included
The resort offers a service based on Soft All Inclusive and Premium All Inclusive. A sumptuous buffet for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at the main restaurant with live- cooking stations, grill, BBQ along with different international theme nights, soft drinks all day long (Excluding alcoholic beverages)
Soft All Inclusive Services also include:
- Selected soft drinks (water, soft drinks, tea, coffee) during meals and in bar
- Afternoon tea with snacks at the main bar
- Mini bar (water, non-alcoholic drinks, one filling per day)
Premium All Inclusive Services also include:
- Selected alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, selected cocktails and alcoholic beverages)
- Minibar (beer)
ACTIVITIES & FACILITIES for All-Inclusive and Soft All-Inclusive Plans:
- Included: Fitness center, kayaking, pedal boats, windsurfing, table tennis, tennis, billiards.
- For an extra charge: Various water sports, such as sailing, jetski, banana boat, water skiing, wakeboarding.
- Kids Club for children between 2 and 13 years (charges apply for babysitting)
- Entertainment: “Bodu Beru” Maldivian evening once a week on the beach, “The Sunset party” on the beach twice a week.
- Daily turn-down service
- Internet access in all Villas & public areas
- Personal greetings at the arrival and departure by Kudafushi representatives at International & Domestic Airport. Complimentary Domestic Lounge on arrival refreshments and free Internet access. Welcome drinks: soft drinks and refreshment towels are served upon arrival to the island
DIVING & SNORKELLING
House reef snorkeling is available around the Island with abundant fish life and good access. Fins are recommended as currents can be strong and also a little choppy when the wind is up. Expect to see a school of fish, turtles, rays, sharks and the occasional dolphin. If you don’t have your own gear snorkeling equipment for a daily extra charge.
Snorkeling excursions to nearby reefs are also offered, but many guests claim that the Kudafushi's house reef is the best. Unusually the dive centre do not manage the snorkelling side of things here and you need to go to Reception to book in.
The 5-satr dive center is great and professional. New equipment, nice staff, good language skills and experienced instructors/guides. PADI courses are student-centered and provide for maximum practice and application. The dives are on different thilas with a lot of marine activity. Turtles, barracudas, sharks, eels, trevalies, scorpion fishes, nudibranches etc. practically everything that you would expect when diving in Maldives. Boat dives are either 2 in the morning and one in the afternoon. The house reef is also available as well as night dive.
Activities and Pampering
Sporting facilities are excellent Tennis (Take your own balls), Volleyball, Pool & Table Tennis. Water sports are well catered for with Paddle boards & Kayaks as part of your Soft All Inclusive. They also offer Catamaran & Jet Ski’s which are chargeable
Many guests praise the Spa and found it to be excellent while others are very disappoint with the spa's boutique. The massages are very good and the therapists are very professional. They do have offers on but it is still costly and maybe a discount if you booked 3 or more treatments over your stay may encourage more uptake.
All-in-all this resort is incredible and it is absolutely worth the travel and dollars. Reviews for the Kudafushi Resort & Spa are very strong with guests citing over and over again their love for the long white sand beach, the coral reef right offshore and the resort staff. Guests also rave about the impressive scuba diving, making it a good choice for those who travel specifically to find new diving locations to enjoy. To conclude, therefore, We would recommend this resort to those seeking a lot of tranquility, great service, and never saw the Maldives.
Pros: What's Guests Love
- The island is beautifully designed and very well maintained
- Their staff is the nicest and very friendly. They listen to your request and are at your service always.
- Beaches are gorgeous, white sand, crystal clear water
- Water Villas are spacious, well cleaned and have great privacy. The rooms have the most amazing view
- The food is fantastic, varied and delicious, specially the italian dishes. You can just eat all day and never be full.
- The themed buffets every night are great and the lady grill chef always go above and beyond
- A great house reef snorkeling with lots of marine life: turtles, dolphins, rays, sharks and school of fish
- Drinkwater is served in reusable glass bottles and straws are made of paper
- The pool area is beautiful, always enough space and always fresh towels
- Weekly cocktailparty at the beach (free drinks)
- The diving center is great: friendly staff, great equipment and fun trips
Things to Know before You Go
- The property is only accessible by: Seaplane transfer takes 45 minutes from Male International Airport or Domestic Flight transfer takes 30 minutes + short speedboat ride
- check-in from 14:00; check-out until 12:00;
- The resort is highly recommended if you are looking for an adventure, romantic getaway or a family vacation.
- Children of any age are welcome and kids can stay in Water Villa
- Children up to 12 years old in the parents’ room pay from 1.5.-30.9. only a green tax of 7 euros per child / night.
- Passengers on the honeymoon in the hotel receive a bottle of sparkling wine, a fruit basket, a gala dinner with a bottle of sparkling wine and a 50-minute Spa treatment. Valid with Beach Villa, Beach Villa with Pool, Water Villa or Water Villa with Pool. Minimum stay 3 nights. Indicate when booking. Valid 6 months after the wedding.
- Guests who celebrate the wedding anniversary receive a bottle of sparkling wine, a fruit basket and a small cake. Please specify when booking.
- the island is under italian management, so expect great coffee/cappuccino as well as pizzas and super fresh pasta (every lunch and dinner)
- The resort assign HERO (kind of a relationship manager or caretaker of your trip experience) to all guests
- Everything you purchase inside the resort will be charged in check-out. No need to bring money to pay this things, including the souvenirs.
- If you are not a fan of alcohol - the soft all-inclusive more than enough, the drink menu is varied and the mocktails are excellent
- the beer in the mini-bar is included, so even if you don't have an alcohol flat, you will get your two beers a day for free
- Apparently some guests still need this reminder that no-one should ever stand on corals, even if they seem to be bleached.
- There is also a free 5minute trial dive session every day at 5pm for anyone interested in taking up diving.
- Using the jet-ski's in close proximity of the resort annoying for relaxing guests, but also for marine life.
- If you have to book on the beach, be aware that some villas have absolutely no beach in front, and more or less are all those on the reception side. In our opinion, the best beach villas for privacy, vegetation and the beach are villas from 201 to 214 or some of them with a pool. Those without a pool that have a beautiful beach are 120 to 140, but have little vegetation and remain slightly exposed. Absurd the villas with pool from 215 to 220, pay the same money and you have absolutely no beach in front.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Post 31.03.2020
- Liveaboard Staff to be Allowed to Leave Vessel Only After HPA Approval
- UK Repatriates British Tourists in the Maldives
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island to Open in September 2020
- Maldives Could Open Borders for China and South East Asia by May
- Velana Airport in Partial Closure over Coronavirus Travel Restrictions
- Seaside Finolhu Kick Starts Exciting Transformation Project
- Atmosphere Hotels Supports Maldives Coronavirus Response Efforts
- Most Resorts Close as COVID-19 travel Restrictions Hit Maldives Tourism
- Crown & Champa Temporarily Closes All Resorts
- Maldives GuestHouse Industry to Lose Nearly USD 30 Million in Revenue
- 10 Best Overwater Residences In The Maldives
- Top Spring Summer 2020 Swimwear Trends
- 10 Best Beach Residences In The Maldives
- 10 Best Family Water Pool Villas in Maldives
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More