Mirihi Island Resort
Best Experience: for Couples, House Reef Snorkeling, Beach, Value
Perfectly combining casual luxury, delicious food, comfy rooms, a stunning sandy beach and an excellent house reef, Mirihi Island Resort is the best choice for people who are looking for a romantic honeymoon in the Maldives.
Located on one of the smallest islands in the Maldives, Mirihi Island Resort offers 37 villas, and has its own and unique style, filled with luxury and comfortable features that you can expect from any large 5 * resort. From a cinema on the beach, a spa, free non-motorized water sports to a hypnotic house reef with wreck diving, as well as a great selection of activities, excursions and experiences there are many alternatives that can pull you out of bed or tear off a beach chaise longue. This luxury boutique hotel with a relaxed atmosphere is ideal for couples and small groups looking for first-class food and a wide selection of wines, as well as excellent snorkeling, and a fantastic dive from more than 40 dive sites. Depending on the season, half-board and all-inclusive packages are available.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals this week in Maldives
- Adora - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,383.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 20% OFF
- Emperor Explorer - 06 Dec 2020 - from €1,749.00 - The Best of Maldives - €350 Off! Rates include discount
- Adora - 13 Dec 2020 - from €1,462.00 - Best of Maldives - 7Nights/8Days - 15% off
- Scubaspa Yang - 19 Dec 2020 - from €2,355.00 - Best of Maldives - Group or charter booking specials available. Please contact us for details.- 25% OFF
- Maldives Aggressor II - 03 Jan 2021 - from €1,718.00 - Best of Maldives (Male - Male) - $1000 OFF! Rates include discount.
- Seafari Explorer - 10 Jan 2021 - from €1,363.00 - The Central Atolls: North Male, Ari, Vaavu and South Male Cruise 7 nights - 15%
- Blue Voyager - 12 Jan 2021 - from €1,687.00 - Best of the Southern Atolls (Malé - Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Emperor Serenity - 17 Jan 2020 - from €1,829.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights - €170 OFF! Rates include discounts.
- Blue Spirit - 14 Feb 2021 - from €2,510.00 - Far South (Gan-Kooddoo) - 20% OFF
- Horizon 3 - 04 Apr 2021 - from €2,111.00 - Addu – Fuvahmulah - Huvadhoo - Early Bird Deal - 5% off
Mirihi is one of the best boutique hotels in the country. In the classical Maldivian style, with thatched roofs, soft-sand floors and daylight flooding the living spaces through the open sides. With the prominent use of quality wood and ivory furniture, white and tanning effect noticeably soothes and uplifts the mood.
Run by the Swiss with two Maldives partners, Mirihi was first opened in the early 2000s. In 2014, the island saw a complete reconstruction, which brought light wood to the resort and huge new two-bedroom Overwater Suite. The lobby area was equipped with sliding glass walls that gave the place more natural light and additional greenery planted inside and reminding you that you are on a tropical paradise island in the Indian Ocean. The island itself, measuring 300X50 meters is one of the smallest islands in the Maldives; a boat trip around the island will take no more than 10 minutes.
Unfortunately today among the resorts in the Maldives there are two more obvious trends: the first is that they are getting bigger and bigger. With 200+ numbers, mega resorts are becoming commonplace; the second is that many hotels just burst from the overflowing luxury, as a result of which they are only accessible to the super-rich! Mirihi rejects this fashion offering only 37 rooms, but he is still cozy and charming; and the rooms are very comfortable and stylish, far from the excessive, decadent level of excessive chic.
Despite the fact that the resort has a seductive stylish design featured in light colors, high-quality wicker furniture, and predominantly sandy floors, Mirihi manages to maintain a prestigious (though perhaps not extravagant) luxury atmosphere; guests are invited to forget about shoes and stay barefoot all the time when they want. From the name of the plates on the doors of the villas to the drawings left by previous guests who decorate the walls of rooms and halls, Mirihi pays close attention to every detail. Ahead of Male for one hour, the U-shaped island even has its own Mirichi sunlight time, allowing guests to enjoy additional sun hours.
Mirihi Island Resort is located in South Ari Atoll on the island of Mirihi. The tiny island is only 30 minutes by picturesque seaplane trip from Male airport, although many guests get by seaplane to the neighboring resorts (Angaga or Conrad Maldives), and then 10 minutes by speedboat to Mirihi. The experience begins on arrival in Maldives, where you are escorted to the seaplane terminal from Mirihi's own lounge with free drinks and a very warm welcome ... What continues after arrival on the island, where management and staff meet you to make you feel at home away from home.
A good bonus for those who love marine life and its largest creatures is the location of the island - close to year-round cleanup stations for whale sharks and manta rays, as well as to some of the best dive sites in the Maldives.
Beyond your expectations of the standard facilities of luxury accommodation, all 37 villas in Mirihi have high quality interior and furniture design, polished wooden floors, Bose sound system, Nespresso coffee machine, as well as daily baskets of fresh fruit, and a fully stocked mini- bar, including snacks. Other pleasant trifles are wine glasses, bottle openers, kettles, lanterns, umbrellas, and nameplates on your front doors. You will also find universal adapters, beach bags and towels, hair dryers, bathrobes and personal items on outdoor terraces with wooden sun loungers, umbrellas and views of the beach or the sea. The bathrooms are modern and stylish with a rain shower and a nondescript shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Produced on the island, the rooms have two free glass bottles of drinking water, one sparkling and one plain water.
The sundecks can face west, north or east depending on the room you select. You will have to learn the map of the hotel to choose your favorite; each of them has something special for each guest. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
Athe end of 2018, Mirihi Island Resort has introduced a two-bedroom Beach House for families and group travellers. Originally built in 2003, the villa was never sold to guests until now. The Beach House offers two bedrooms and two open-air bathrooms, a spacious lounge, dinning, kitchenette area and intimate garden. Guest’s enjoy direct access to the beach and spectacular ocean views on the first and second floor. The ultimate private experience with a secluded entrance to the house. This holiday home is perfect for groups travelling together.
The most affordable accomodation is Beach Villa; 6 tastefully designed Beach Villas (53sqm) are dotted around the island and each room is equipped with an iPod connector, king size or twin beds, air conditioning, ceiling fan, sitting area with CD stereo system, Nespresso machine, IDD telephone, personal safe and free Wi-Fi. There is an outdoor shower and direct access to the beach with sun loungers allocated for each villa. Each villa is given the names of the local plants that correspond to the pictures above the beds, as well as the plants that you will find directly among the flora on the island.
We recommend Water Villa, the most favorite accommodation category among the guests, after which you will exchange the beach for the lagoon and get direct access from the villa to the fascinating world of snorkeling (with a fresh water shower at the staircase). The 30 tastefully designed Water Villas (53sqm) are built on stilts over the blue lagoon. All the Villas have been conceived to the same high standard with designer furnishings, polished wooden floors, king size or twin beds, air conditioning, ceiling fan, sitting area with CD stereo system and fully stocked minibar, Coffee and Espresso maker, IDD telephone, personal safe and free WiFi. All bedrooms are open to their own terrace with fantastic sea views. Water villas will please you with spacious luxury bathrooms with ocean vistas through two large sliding glass doors. These luxury houses were named after local fish with matching pictures over the beds.
More space, more light, more privacy. This is the brand new Water Suite in Mirihi, and it's really something. Imagine a huge water villa (160 sq. m.) with its own jetty, in the best location of the lagoon overlooking the best part of truly amazing house reef and offers the ultimate over-water living experience on Mirihi. The suite is equipped with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large living room and a huge outdoor terrace that connects the sun decks of each bedroom. This mansion is ideal for families or couples traveling by group. As in other rooms, expect polished wooden floors and vaulted ceilings, and for your information this is the only accomodation on the island with a TV set. However, a flat screen TV will most likely not be of interest to you, despite the fact that it can be seen from every corner. This is also the only villa where guests can book room service. The open-plan bathrooms are fitted with frosted glass, and a glass shower in a square shape.
White, fine as flour sand; While the beaches surround most of the island, the best and most equipped sand is located near the Duniye Spa. Here you will find super soft white beach, with crystal clear azure waters, several wooden sun loungers with umbrellas, deckchairs in the style of "chair-bag" and hammocks. However, if you want food or drinks, you will have to return to Anba bar.
There is a beautiful, large beach near the reception and the main bar, especially beautiful at its peak during the high season. The problem is that it is not where it is needed. The island's northern coast linked with 16 water villas expands sand during the southwest monsoon (off-season), but is very narrow in the northeast (high season). Beach villas have their own beach area. Having said all this it would be desirable to add that the island is so small that it will take you only 5 minutes to find your place under the sun.
Mirihi Island is manicured to perfection - the beaches are swept every morning, and the sand is white and soft. And even if you live on the island with the other 70 guests, chances are you probably do not see them too often, maybe for dinner or, if you go for diving together - people tend to cling to each other's company that makes this island ideal for a honeymoon!
Surprising with flavors and tastes, Dhonveli is Mirihi's main restaurant and the daily meeting place for the guests of the island for breakfast, lunch and dinner according to the buffet scheme. Although it is not uncommon to find a high-level buffet in the Maldives, Mirihi manages to offer a quality selection and a good variety of delicious dishes. Popular international food is served side-by-side with fresh local seafood, and thanks to the Thai roots of the wife of the Swiss chef, you can kindle an appetite with spicy curry of Asian cuisine ... you will have plenty to choose from. Buffet pleases the guests themed nights, filled with the best recipes of Italian, Oriental and Maldivian cuisine, juicy barbecue and seafood dishes. To complement your meal we recommend one of 300 wines from the new and old world with the extensive wine list. There you can eat on the set menu all day long with light meals and snacks, like bruchetta, curry, homemade pasta, there are many vegetarian fare, as well as desserts.
Reflecting in the calm waters of the lagoon, among the coral gardens, Muraka is a restaurant over the water with an a la carte menu and is only open for dinner with a terrace and a handful of tables (only 8) with dazzling sunset views. You can also sit and watch the fish floating around your table below through an open area in the center of the restaurant. Ideal place for a romantic dinner or evening cocktail, the restaurant offers "surf and turf" menu (based on meat and seafood), a great wine list and a vegetarian menu. Twice a week there are thematic menus on the tables, such as a lobster dinner, where three of the five dishes are used as ingredients of lobsters caught in the Maldives and the food "wine + dishes" is also available. Booking is not required, but recommended because of the limited number of tables. If you have special gastronomic dreams hint to the chef with a smile!
Opening hours of the restaurants: buffet breakfast usually from 07:00 - 10:30, lunch 12:30-14:30, and dinner 19:00-22:00. Bars from 11:00 until the last guest. As for the dress code - do not bother much - the main thing is no swimsuits or bikinis!
The hotel has several meal plans: from just "included a delicious breakfast" to a full board. All meal options include a buffet meal on the buffet, although those who sit on the half- and full board get discounts at Muraka restaurant. It is also possible to order food in your room from the All Day Dining Menu during 11:00 - 22:00. Just click "Villa Service" on your phone set in your room.!
With spectacular sea views as a bonus, Anba Bar is the main Mirihi's bar. Open all day, this beach hangout offers wine, beer, cocktails, moktails, smoothies and light snacks with palm-lined chairs with foot in the sand or in elegant surroundings on a polished wooden terrace with modern soft wicker chairs. In the menu of drinks a wide variety of rums (with a huge collection of Maldives "Kalu" and others from the Indian Ocean area), which can be mixed or shaken in cocktails or degustate separately during regular tastings of Rum & Chocolate held in Mirihi ($ 79 for two) . A good place to meet friends for a delicious cocktail or a simple snack during the day, the bar also has a snack menu and a good selection of cigars. From time to time, the quiet and relaxed atmosphere of the Anba Bar is inspired by a generous dose of live music or events. Not forgetting about the guests' appetites, throughout the day you will find here a la carte menu of the main restaurant, as well as popular snacks including sandwiches, chicken wings, tempura, salads and rolls.
Mirihi also has a chilled Wine Lounge that houses a handful of visitors around a long, central table. Wine coolers of Ruhgandu bar are packed with a collection of more than 300 international wines, as well as champagne wines and branded spirits from around the world. This is a private dining room where you will be offered a small set menu of three sorts of cheese and a tapas menu with specially selected wine, for a fee. The place is also home to rare wines tasting ($ 85 for two), champagne ($ 98 for two) or an exquisite dinner with a combination of good wine.
DIVING & SNORKELLING
The choice of a villa in Mirihi basically comes down to the desire to see the beach at the doorstep; or direct access from your overwater patio directly into lagoon with a magnificent and lively house reef. Snorkeling in Mirihi Island is 'must do' experience with a house reef that is ranked one of the best in the Maldives - the coral is very diverse and healthy with a small bleaching and abundant marine life including reef sharks, parrot fish, surgeon fish, oriental sweetlips, rays, turtles ... think again, they are all here! Marine life is more diverse than around most resorts in Ari Atoll and also there are no strong currents. On the northern and southern sides of the island two enters to the outer edge of the reef have been cut.
In addition to panoramic ocean' views from the soft sandy beaches of Mirihi, the resort also has many ways to explore the surrounding underwater world. Guests can visit more than 40 dive sites (including wreck diving on their own house reef) with a multilingual team of 5 * -star Ocean Pro Dive Center PADI. Since its discovery, diving has been important for Mirihi. Even if not as the main, as it was before, the noticeably located dive base still attracts visitors with its activity during the day. And of course everyone knows Hassan Ali, who is a real icon for divers, and has been a mentor for over 20 years. The fun dives include drift diving, fluorescent and night diving, diving with sharks, nitrox, and for beginners there are PADI certification courses from first-timers who want to learn the basics, to the experienced divers wanting to fine-tune their skills. The center's program of activities includes day and night snorkeling trips, and thanks to the excellent location of the island in close proximity to one of the best Manta rays stations in the country, divers and snorkelers all year round have the opportunity to meet with whale sharks and manta rays.
Other fun activities include excursions to neighboring islands, big game fishing, dolphin watching, snorkeling with manta rays, or private boat charters. On windy days the sandy lagoon from one end of the island is ideal for a free catamaran and windsurfing experience which is perfect for everyone from beginners to experts. Mirihi also provides free use of non-motorized water sports, including sup, kayaks and a mask + snorkel. The island does not allow the use of motorized water sports to avoid damage to the house reef that is teeming with rays, whitetip sharks, turtles and colorful fish.
A fully equipped, state-of-the-art fitness center is available on a complimentary basis for those who wish to keep in shape and work off those extra pounds from the tempting dishes in our restaurants.
Meet their Yoga Teacher Sean Sanz for yoga sessions in the morning or during our evening meditation session.
For a more passive activity on the island there is Duniye Spa. Trained therapists know how to relieve the stress from your body and relax your muscles. Decorated in Balinese style, the temple of health and relaxation is equipped with two treatment rooms with access to the beach, deep baths, showers, and an assortment of Balinese massages with a variety of beautiful Earth Soul range of products.
Not forgetting about games, leisure and entertainment, the resort has a library, there is a table for ping-pong, board games and a sports ground with stands for the fans. Guests can also stare at the stars, either during the Full Moon Cruise or through the lens of one of the largest telescopes in the Maldives. Also in the evenings on the beach open aт outdoor cinema, by the way too under the stars. For the guests on the island there are various organized events from BBQ nights and Curry and Wine to Lobster Dinner, culinary classes, Rum & Chocolate tastings, and cocktails master classes.
Whether you said 'yes' only last week or a few years ago, the Maldives is always the best place to renew your love for each other in the most romantic setting. At Mirihi, you can order a wedding to celebrate your marriage in a unique, unforgettable style.
In our opinion: If you are looking for a surprisingly romantic and untouched island with modern amenities and luxury services, Mirihi is exactly the magical place that you are looking for! If you are a couple it's just a perfect honeymoon choice!
“Paradise on earth”, “I’ll be back.”, Exceptional, “Excellent service, food and the beach”, “Lovely little private paradise for peopole who like it small and family style.”, “Wonderful and relaxing”, “Best hotel if you look for reef snorkling”, “Fantastic honeymoon experience!”, “Perfect place for holiday. Flawless, all aspects were perfect; staff, view, activities, food.”, Superb,
Why stay here? What Guests Like
- Great welcoming at the airport and at the hotel
- Very polite, helpful and friendly staff
- Comfortable, modern and clean villas. Simple but stylish design. Excellent ocean views right from the bed;
- There is not TV in room
- Clean beaches with very soft, and white as sugar sand
- Deck chairs and relax areas are located so that couples can not see each other. Very convenient for private life.
- The best house reef and hypnotic marine life: sharks, rays and turtles. Free snorkelling gear
- Delicious and varied food
- Free non-motorized water sports, CD rental
- Feeling of full solitude in paradise
- I liked everything: from meeting at the airport to the dizzying beauty of the island.
- Free Wi-Fi in the rooms, lobby and bar
- A modern gym, a Balinese-style spa and a sports facilities
What You Need to Know
- Mirihi Island Resort is located in South Ari Atoll on the island of Mirihi in 30 minutes by seaplane from Male airport or Domestic Flight transfer takes 20 minutes from Male International Airport and further 30 minutes by speed boat
- Check-in from 14:00 hours; Check-out until 12:00 hours
- Prestigious, but "casual" beach 5 * boutique hotel with thoughtful details on one of the smallest Maldives
- If you are looking for a hot nightlife scene and group activities - look elsewhere
- One hour ahead of Male's time, so guests can get more sunlight
- All-inclusive scheme provides free meals only in the Dhonveli buffet restaurant
- The TV is only in the Water Suite and on the beach wifi is very low;
- Some find the decor a bit mild for a 5 star hotel
- The European and Maldivian staff, many women, are clearly well-trained and motivated, providing an impressive level of service.ies
- All children are welcome. Please note that the minimum age for children in the watervillas is 8 years
MALDIVES RESORTS HOT DEALS
- Flash Sale: 55% savings on stays at Kuredu Island Resort. Coupon Code - KURSPO55. Valid till 30th Nov
- The Nautilus Maldives: Book your House or Residence in advance and benefit from 30% off our Best Available Rate.
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% discount per booking on accommodation on All Inclusive basis.
- Hard Rock Hotel, Maldives: FASHIONABLY EARLY - Save up to 35% off room rates when you book in advance.
- Baros Maldives: BLISSFUL BAROS - Reopening Offer with airport transfers, breakfast and dinner included. Valid for stays between 1 October 2020 to 22 December 2020 and 10 January 2021 to 22 December 2021.
- Cinnamon Velifushi Maldives: 55% Off All Rates Special Offer. Valid for all new bookings received 02 days or more prior to arrival.
- Radisson Blue Resort Maldives: Stay 3 nights and pay for 2 with Mastercard.
- Kudadoo Maldives: Promotion: 20% off Residences for stays from 1 October 2020 until 05 April 2021
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: Enjoy 40% opening offer for stay until 23rd Dec 2020
- Komandoo Maldives: Enjoy a discount of up to 40% during this festive season, when you book a stay between November 1st 2020, and January 15th 2021.
- Veligandu Maldives: Last Minute Offer – Save 35%* Stay Window from Nov 1, 2020 – Dec 23, 2020. Booking Window from Oct 30, 2020 – Nov 30, 2020.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Best of Maldives
Recent Posts 24.11.2020
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Maldives Guesthouses Reopen after COVID-19 closure
- Dhigali Maldives to reopen on 1st Dec as Premium All-Inclusive Resort
- 10 Best Maldives luxury Resorts with Tennis courts
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa shines with World Luxury Awards and Hotel of The Year Awards
- Baros Maldives: Christmas time on a sublime tropical private island
- Emerald Maldives Resort hosts Christmas with a Tropical Twist
- The Standard Huruvalhi Maldives reopens Dec 5 with special offers
- OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI is Opening on 3 December
- Tipsarevic Luxury Tennis at Vakkaru Maldives brings some of the world’s best tennis players to idyllic Baa Atoll
- Liveaboards and Diving safaris in Maldives now provide In-Vessel PCR Test
- Seaside Finolhu’s Crab Shack wins Global Luxury Beachside Restaurant at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards
- Milaidhoo Island announces Maldivian-themed festive celebrations: "Story of Raajje"
- Dusit Thani Maldives launches new local "Dusit Safeeru" experiences
- Why the Maldives is the Ultimate Luxury Getaway
- Vakkaru Maldives Wins Three Times Over at the 2020 World Travel Awards
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Announces ‘Extravaganza’ Festive programme
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island Opens
- Maldives Border Miles: All you need to know
- Centara Grand Island Resort to Reopen on 1st December with New Offers
- Huvafen Fushi Epicurean Adventure
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
Best Dine By Design Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Local Islands for Snorkeling
Want to snorkel with manta rays, whale sharks and sea turtles or maybe above scenic house reef on your next budget trip in the Maldives? The Maldives is one of theRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More