10 Must-Do Experiences for Kids at LUX* Resorts & Hotels in the Maldives
Best Family Resorts in The Maldives
20 May, 2021
Snorkelling, treasure hunts, gardening and surfing are just some of the experiences that see families return to LUX* Resorts & Hotels in the Maldives every year.
These are our top 10 ways of kid-friendly activities, designed to enchant juniors and delight adults.
Collectable Experiences allow LUX* guests to not just get a glimpse, but a full immersion into the most unique facets of the destination. Whether it is nature, food, culture, adventures, or wellness, these carefully curated Collectable Experiences will entertain, educate, and create unforgettable memories for families of all ages.
Messages in a Bottle
Let the children go off on a treasure hunt while the adults indulge in a spa treatment. Several bottles are hidden every morning in every nook and corner of the resort. These Messages in a Bottle offer special treats that guests can use during their stay from a complimentary homemade gelato, a pampering spa massage or a farm-to-fork cooking class.
Every child is given a Little Explorers booklet upon arrival at LUX* South Ari Atoll, where they can collect stamps for every designated activity completed. Once all the activities are completed, they get to bring home a big local marine life plush as a well-deserved award.
Learn to bake with the resident pastry chef or create latte art and let the kids take over dessert duty for the next family dinner!
Snorkel with whale sharks
Always wanted to swim with sharks? Now is the chance to snorkel with whale sharks up close and personal at LUX* South Ari Atoll. These gentle giants are known to grow up to 18 meters long. Guests will be reassured to know they only feed on plankton.
LUX* Surf Break
Ride the waves at the exclusive LUX* Surf Break, just a stone’s throw from LUX* North Male Atoll. There are spots all around the resort suited for beginners to advanced surfers, and even a private sandbank for kite surfers to take off from.
PLAY Kids Club
PLAY Kids Club, for children between three and 12, ensure juniors never have a dull moment with a host of activities to choose from such as treasure hunts, bingo, gardening, coconut bowling and more. Those older from 13 to 17 can find their own space at Studio 17 and enjoy vintage arcade games, board games or read.
Learn camera tips, tricks
Pick up smart camera tips and tricks from the LUX* Photofanatics team who can provide both technical and creative guidance on the best ways to capture moments that matter. Guests can also hire the latest equipment and transform those precious memories into photobooks or printed gifts.
Junkart Gallery is a place where old items get a new lease of life. Guests of all ages are invited to bring their most creative ideas and find their inspiration for upcycling materials to make one-off artworks and sustainable souvenirs.
LUX* North Male Atoll Resort & Villas’ three-bedroom retreats are great for an extended family vacation, with a private pool and signature rooftop experiences from a private Cinema Paradiso under the stars, pampering celestial spa massages to a Chef de Maison cooking up a storm on the barbecue and even a mixologist to prepare out-of-this-world aperitifs as the sun sets.
Grandparents can lounge by the pool under a covered gazebo whilst watching the grandkids splash about. Private buyouts for multi-generational families looking to celebrate missed milestones can be arranged.
Enjoy a hassle-free, all-inclusive stay at both LUX* South Ari Atoll Resort & Villas (from USD205 per adult and USD100 per child) and LUX* North Male Atoll Resort & Villas (from USD357 per adult and USD180 per child) so you can fully relax with your family, not keep having to sign a tab.
Visit www.luxresorts.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
LUX* Resorts in The Maldives
Mauritius-based LUX* operates two resorts in the Maldives: LUX* South Ari Atoll and the recently opened LUX* North Male Atoll.
LUX* Resorts & Hotels is growing at a very fast pace, the sky is the limit to what can be achieved thanks to the group’s progressive and forward-thinking approach to the industry as a whole. Cutting-edge designer villas and world-class dining can be found only a short ride away from the main Velana International Airport, making LUX* Resorts & Hotels one of the most exciting resorts in the Maldives. A uniquely exclusive paradise retreats — where breezy island living meets jet-set chic — LUX* hotels are luxury beyond boundaries. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More