LUX* North Male Atoll Resort & Villas
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Water Villas, Beach Houses, Activities
Updated May, 2021
LUX* North Male Atoll, the second resort in the Maldives by Mauritius based hotel group LUX* Resorts, has officially opened on February 1, 2019. LUX * Resorts & Hotels promises to demonstrate the transformation of Olhahali Island with an area of six hectares, into the most innovative luxury resort in the Maldives. Accessible by luxury speedboat or a short 15 minute seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport, this intimate resort is ripe with eye-catching architecture and ocean-inspired interiors.
A visual banquet of nautical shapes and colors, the resort is elegantly decorated by the Singapore design group Miaja, a project that combines superyachts with the energetic spirit of southern beaches. Each of the 67 two-story residences is located either on the beach or above the water, whose guests will enjoy a minimum living area of 350 m2. Whether set on the beach or stilted over the crystal blue lagoon, every penthouse villa takes indoor-outdoor living to a new level of breezy sophistication. Big Green Egg Barbecue, Rooftop Bar, Cinema and SONOS, Yoga Pavilion, Star-lit Jacuzzi and Outdoor Games help create an unforgettable paradise lounge for people who love to enjoy life.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Milaidhoo Stories - 45% OFF (Limited Time Special offer)
- Baros Maldives: BAROS ESCAPE - 40% off - Bed & Breakfast Offer for a stay until 22 Dec 2021
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: COME TOGETHER - 35% OFF Book by 30 Sep for a stay until 20 Mar 2022
- Kuda Villingili Resort, Male: Indulgence Offer! Book for 3 nights and get 20% discount. Stay Period: from 1st Nov 21 onwards
- Kuramathi Getaway: Book your stay with superb savings with flexible 3 days cancellation policy. Rates include daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet restaurant.
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives: FAMILY CAMP-CATION offer, 7 and 14 nights packages; Prices from $337/night
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 40% OFF for stays till October 31, 2021
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: Last Minute Offer - Save Up to 35%; Flexible cancellation
- Dhigali Maldives: Complimentary Departure PCR & 50% Off Adult Transfer
- Constance Maldives: Up to 50% OFF at Constance Moofushi or Constance Halaveli
- Accor Hotels: Recharge Maldives offer with more benefits for stays until Sep 30
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES ISLAND RESORT OFFERS
From the timely responses of the reservations department to your booking questions, the luxury speedboat transfer (with very fast Wi-Fi), the warm and informative welcome by an island host to the most spacious and stunning over water penthouse - everything here is impeccable. The arrival and departure from Malé airport to LUX North Male Atoll is also very easy: the seaplane takes you there in 15min, the speed boot in 1 hour. Don't be tempted to transfer by sea plane, yes the boat takes longer - but you'll arrive sooner than flying and its a very easy trip in great comfort on the resorts boat. The Lux* resort is more than 5 stars, and the pristine water of the private island will not disappoint.
The resort itself stands apart with its modern concept and huge space. The architecture is refreshingly different - a sort of Mediterranean modernism which grows on you. The island is small but the setting makes it feels like you still have great privacy. If you want the traditional thatched roof villas the Maldives is famous for - this place is not for you. Personally, we think the Maldives has enough of those, and so this resort is a breath of fresh air. It's unapologetically modern, the design dominates the landscape and the overall feel is very glam - but it's probably like durian though - you'll either love it or hate it.
First – the great location. The best thing about Maldives is the marine life that surrounds you and while staying in LUX* you can enjoy it without leaving your private space! Every villa has its own private beach so no one will disturb you or accidentally take your sun . Neither should you swim deep into the sea to watch wonderful creatures – they are literally under your feet. The island is not big, so you can walk from one end to the other, and you can also call your island host if you want a ride. SPA, water sports, diving center, photo studio all easy to reach. You will enjoy time there. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
If you value service above all else, this property will blow you away. Although the Maldives has plenty of resorts with world-class service, very few have staff as genuine and eager to exceed expectations as the LUX* team. This is genuine hospitality and warmth and nothing feel forced or fake, it's relaxed and unpretentious and struck the right tone between informal and attentive. From the time you set foot on the island to the time you walk off it, you will get nothing but great service, your Island Host will do all he can possibly did to make you feel welcome! Within a day, restaurant staff knows your likes, dislikes and preferences and the service just got better and better from there.
WiFi is strong throughout the resort in each spot.
If the breathtaking views of atolls, islands and lagoons that you glimpse during the descent into Male' International Airport leave you wanting more then the air taxi transfer to LUX* North Male Atoll is just for you. Seaplane gives you a second chance to fully appreciate the splendour and beauty of this island nation from the air. For those who can't wait to get onto the water, the speedboat transfer offers a first opportunity to look out for flying fish and pods of dolphin.
LUX* is located in the North Male atoll on the island of Olhahali. The resort is a quick 15-minute seaplane trip from Male airport or a 45-minute by speedboat that has free Wifi! The proximity of the island to Male allows guests to enjoy the relaxing islands, as well as easy excursions into the chaos and culture of the capital.
Villas and Residences
The villas and residences are huge, even the standard rooms are as big as a beach house - and all have roof terraces, killer bathrooms, big private pools and a tonne of space. It's probably the best entry level accommodation in any Maldivian luxury resort (most would sell them as top suites) - and this is a very cosseting and comfortable place to stay. Every penthouse villa takes indoor-outdoor living to a new level of breezy sophistication, with the largest three bedroom penthouse retreat covering 970sqm in total.
Hide away entirely with intimate barbecue dinners in the privacy of your own penthouse villa, stargaze using a telescope and have your personal villa host explain the Maldivian skies or simply summon the bartender to shake up your favourite cocktail right on your roof terrace. Throughout your stay, rest assured that your butler-style villa host will give you all the assistance — or privacy — needed and will never be short of ideas to make each moment on the island extra special. Indulge a passion in painting or sketching, or simply switch off and savour the serenity.
The two-story beach villas with living areas that are at least 350 sqm resemble luxury yachts with terraces-decks and private infinity pools, and are located among shady palm trees and tropical gardens, on a white sand beach or above the turquoise waters of the lagoon. These breezy, spacious villas host a choice of spaces in which to eat, drink, relax — from the rooftop relaxing areas to the sun terraces — treating guests to continuous pastel panoramas of the Indian Ocean.
For the first time in the Maldives, each residence is crowned with a fully functional 120 m2 reef terrace, a magnificent private deck raised five meters above a giant lagoon from which guests can admire the unique perspective of the flattest country on the planet.
We stayed at 1 bedroom overwater villa that could easily be a 2 bedroom villa at other resorts, huge living room, plenty of deck space, nice size pool, huge bedroom and awesome bathroom. The villas have rooftop access and you can sleep under the stars if you want! Second – villas – unique in their Hi Tech design and facilities. Beams of light fill in all the rooms, so it seems so cozy that you don’t want to leave it and go outside. It is so fancy, and so gorgeous! The water villas are built in a very unique manners as you won’t feel you are actually sleeping on water And won’t hear the water hitting the bottom deck like other overwater villa resorts. You can spot dolphins from the rooms as the swim in the distance.
The guests can snorkel right off their water villas which have a ladder to the blue lagoon. The house reef with abundant marine life is just the short swim from the deck, with thousands of fish in all colors of the rainbow. Expect to see rays, eels, reef sharks, corals and much more, right from your villa.
The LUX* Beach Retreat is the ultimate in island opulence, offering 970 square metres of unparalleled penthouse pleasure from its private grounds and three villa levels. Set apart on a stretch of secluded golden beach, the architecture and design of this lavish sanctuary is truly a first for the Maldives - in fact, it creates a playfully-inspired home-from-home like no other on the planet.
The Retreat features vast floor to ceiling windows and an interior carefully chosen and luxuriously unique yet effortlessly cool. With three bedrooms, indoor and outdoor bathrooms, and a dedicated living room, this is the most private of retreats for family or friends - and the sense of finesse extends to a steam, sauna and fitness area.
With a large private pool and gazebo next to your own stretch of beach, the opulence stretches outside… and up, to the stunning views afforded by the 12 meter highroof-top sky deck. Here, with your open-air lounge - and sweeping vistas across ocean and island - the delicate colours of a Maldivian sunset weave an ever-changing back drop for the most original of imaginations.
The scale the LUX* Overwater Retreat villas is extraordinary: built on three stories, the penthouse-style villas built with design top of mind, present nearly 1,000 square metres of play area, and offer an experience of luxury that is unparalleled in the Maldives.
This unique configuration of the LUX* Retreats, which can accommodate up to eight guests, appeals to families and friends travelling together. The extremely private villas — with their 24-hour butler service, in-villa spa treatments, unlimited laundry service and a fitness area, sauna and hammam — present the ideal spot for a celebration or a gathering. What sets these retreats apart is their immense rooftop overlooking a private infinity pool below.
The jewel in the crown is the rooftop, which provides ample space for yoga, barbecues, movie screenings, intimate, candlelit dinners with a shisha, cocktails at sunset and spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. Residents of the LUX* Overwater Retreat (997 sqm, including 389 sqm of indoor open space living) can even dock their yacht at their villa.
Dining and Wining
It's not a big island, so everything is fairly tightly packed, and you can walk from one end to the other in less than 5 mins - but for a resort with less than 70 villas, there's a good choice of places to eat and drink. In the mood to mingle? Venture out to charismatic social spaces to relax amongst other cosmopolitan guests. An island paradise where - from lagoon to pool - every table has a view, there’s always an inviting corner to suit your mood. From breakfast to lunch and dinner - and any impromptu moment between - you’ll find a menu to move you. LUX* has mastered balancing salty, sour, sweet, bitter and umami flavours in all that the resort do, serving the original dishes and drinks in unusual, uplifting environments. Opportunities for dining range from the openly elegant to the intimately luxurious. The breakfast buffet is very diverse, everything from Asian dim sum and soup to freshly backed croissants and made to order waffle and eggs. It is just phenomenal. Seafood! Just above all praise! Enjoyed the taste and freshness of the dishes! GLOW Restaurant and Bar is a meeting point of creative world cuisine. INTI guides you on a delicious journey through Peru and Japan and the height of truly bespoke taste is hidden in the opulent chamber of Barium, while Beach Rouge provides a feet-in-the-sand, sea breezy scenario to take you from day to night. From that vegetable soup to the vegetarian shawarma - you will enjoyed every bit of it. Add the famous Cafe LUX* and signature homemade ICI ice cream parlour, and the flavours of island life just got fresher.
With a divinely seductive decor Barium is the secluded private dining room with a wow-inducing underwater fish tank. Enter by a secret door and descend to a special, hidden chamber for an unforgettably unique dinner experience for only you and your select guests. Join other guests in eclectic wine tastings, communal chef tables or let the team arrange a private dinner for you and your friends. There is a wide selection of curated beverages to suit every mood and moment. With over 80 wines and 40 cocktails, a drink's list has the finest selection of both freshly inventive and richly traditional tipples to sooth your senses.
With an outdoor terrace for dramatic views of the Indian Ocean, INTI is the Peruvian-Japanese restaurant with a prepared-in-front-of-you sushi bar. Chef Gaston, the Maldives’ only Peruvian chef, prepares smoked guacamole, ceviche and aged meats introducing guests to this exotic and exciting cuisine laced with tastes from Peru, Argentina, Japan, Ecuador and Mexico. Simple, clean and sharply executed, the finest and freshest fish, meat and vegetables find perfect balance on a taste tight-rope between two dazzlingly distinct cultures. Recommended dishes are savour octopus with black olive mayo, Tiradito breads and smoky guacamole - or take in a five-course fresh fish Cerviche tasting. Expect pisco sours and a dazzling range of sake.
Travel the globe at GLOW, as it showcases the best of European classics, Italian and Spanish delicacies through to South East Asian specialities. Here, the celebrated Beach Rouge has a pool-club feel, combining strong contemporary lines, world-class cuisine, a wood-fired pizza oven and Josper charcoal grill as well as awe-ensuring views over the infinity pool — all soundtracked by a live DJ. Soak up that sunshine on loungers by day, make a splash with a jump in that pool, sip cocktails at the bar and enjoy a nightcap at the rooftop shisha bar.
A new height in luxury cool, LUX* North Male Atoll is paradise perfected - and that means the brightest and best of everything can be yours, all inclusive. With the freedom to drink and dine wherever and whenever the mood takes you - All-Inclusive packages are designed to make every moment matter.
Snorkeling & Diving
Not many islands are blessed with such a spectacular reef, metres from the beach, entertaining you with tropical fish, stingrays and the occasional pods of dolphins. For the more adventurous, there’s a world-class PADI dive centre and access to the Maldives’ most famous shipwrecks and caves. You will certainly have a chance to swim alongside iconic whale sharks and manta rays. Spend time with a resident marine biologist to understand the resort’s coral restoration projects or discover turtles, spotted eagle rays, bannerfish and reef sharks who are all visitors to the house reef.
But the wonders of the underwater seascape need not end at sunset - night diving provides a whole new perspective on these mysterious underwater ecosystems. Coral transforms before your eyes, as marine specimens of incredible luminosity ghost past - and those fish not brave enough to greet you in the day may just come to say hello at night.
LUX* North Male Atoll is the family friendly resort. The PLAY kids club provides engaging daily programmes for those aged 3 to 11, with expert supervision - and more than enough activities to keep young minds inspired. From Cake Boss decorating to art classes - and even an outdoor Cinema Paradiso for movies by moonlight - your biggest challenge will be getting your kids back by your side!
Teens aged between 12 and 17 will enjoy getting to know each other and the island, with energetic and inspiring activities, including art studio classes and introductions to the incredible marine diversity that surrounds the island.
There is a wide range of in-room facilities - plus amenities upon request - including baby phones, sterilisers, bottle warmers, strollers and much more. With a comprehensive selection of baby foods and specially created kids menus to ensure everyone eats well - at LUX* North Male Atoll happy kids make for happy parents.
Here are our top 10 kid-friendly activities at LUX* Resorts & Hotels in the Maldives , designed to enchant juniors and delight adults.
Activities & Pampering
Guests are invited to indulge further on the island, with two swimming pools, a translucent overwater LUX* Me Spa, a world-class PADI diving centre, high adrenaline water sports with the option for cave diving, ship wreck diving and the ultimate luxury experience with private yacht voyages.
LUX* North Male Atoll is truly an exclusive paradise retreat, and LUX* wouldn't be LUX* without a few surprises. Expect classic screenings at cinema paradiso, local art classes, expert led workshops and the chance to hang your hopes on a magical tree of wishes.
Luxury yachts are available for charter, whilst tailor-made activities are offered to guests of all fitness and experience levels. The expert water sports team can arrange jet-skis, semi-submarine or flyboarding adventures or host SUP sessions and kayaking tours. If an excursion to a nearby sandbank on a nimble speedboat is not enough, charter a private yacht, which can be docked right at your water villa’s terrace.
The new court is a dream for every tennis player. Brand new HEAD rockets and balls are provided as well!
This over-the-lagoon world of wellbeing is no ordinary spa. Here, the two-hour treatments for twosomes include body scrubs, massages and aromatherapy bathing rituals, ensuring you never miss a moment together. The Spa has the widest menu to suite every taste, skin and face! Feel stress and tension melt away with a Watsu session — Zen Shiatsu in the water reaches the parts that other therapies can’t.
The treatment rooms are right over the water in view of where the ocean currents collide. Or let the spa team provide private spa treatments in your villa or in the fresh air on the rooftop with the waves as your soundtrack.
Why to Stay at LUX*?
There are always so many ‘Reasons to Go LUX*’. The newest resort promises hospitality that is lighter, brighter in soul, style and service. Discerning travellers seeking a smooth transition to holiday mode have enriching adventures ahead along with pure peace and pampering, so they can reset, recharge and recalibrate — uninterrupted.
At LUX*, every moment matters: simple, fresh, sensory experiences are created to indulge guests throughout their stay in stylish surroundings and with imaginative attention to detail, which alchemises the ordinary into the extraordinary. Excellent in every respect.
What Guests Love
- A great location not fer from Male airport
- Breathtaking views and clean property
- Amazing blue waters and white sands
- Superb service and staff; Anything you request at anytime is made readily available.
- A fabulous villas and residences with a fully functional reef terrace; Spacious, modern Villas are even better, than at photos
- The F&B is fantastic
- house reef snorkeling
What You Need to Know
- LUX* North Male Atoll is located in the North Kaafu Atoll, the best dive destination in the Maldives; The resort is 45-minute by speedboat from Velana International airport; Seaplane transfer takes 25 minutes from Male Airport.
- Please contact the hotel in advance to arrange the transfer, with your arrival details and full names of all guests.
- Check-out Until 11:00 AM; Check-in at 2 pm;
- All Children are welcome; 0 - 5 years stay free. Children aged 18 years and above are considered adults at this property.
- The house reef (aka the drop off) on the south side behind the villas is outstanding and full of sea life. You can spot turtles while snorkeling not more than 100 yards from the beach
- We highly recommend taking a jet ski to the sand bank because the water over there is unreal.
- With All Inclusive plan You get all the playful, fun Lux amenities - free ice-cream, wifi, the "phone home for free" London phone box, cinema on the beach etc.
- If you want uninterrupted ocean views and the best beaches with direct access to house reefs norkeling, villas and residences on the surise side are the best choice.
- The hotel hides 10 bottles around the island with messages with all kinds of cool gifts
- Due to safety and privacy concerns the operation of unmanned aerial systems or drones by any of guests including model aircraft by recreational users and hobbyists is prohibited.
- On March 2021 LUX* North Male Atoll Resort & Villas has welcomed Taylor Shearman as its new Executive Chef,
- And finally – good tip. If you are a snorkeling lover and would like to book a villa on a jet, you should better check from which side the wind is blowing. Seriously, the wind there blows from one side during half a year and then from the other side during other 6 months. So if the wind blows from your side it might be quite an obstacle for a calm snorkeling because of the waves but you will definitely enjoy fresh air and magnificent view.
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
Best Hotels in Maldives
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 20.09.2021
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ
- The Best Time to visit Maldives A Month-by-Month Breakdown
- 10 Maldives Islands That Should Be at the Top of Your List
- "Glamingo": Ananya Panday's Perfect Caption for these Stunning bikini pics from The Maldives
- MBM appoints Jose Enrique as the first Brand Ambassador
- 10 Ultra-Luxury Travel Experiences
- Wellness Trends You Can Practice at JOALI BEING
- Lily Beach Resort gets Haute Grandeur Global Awards regional honours 2021
- Celebrity Introduces New Brand Look, Encourages Cruisers to Sail
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises Returns to Sailing
- Win a One Week Honeymoon to the Maldives with Coco Collection
- THE OZEN COLLECTION hosts Champagne Tasting Masterclass with Guy Charbaut
- THE OZEN COLLECTION launches Immersive Wellness Experiences
- Wonder of the Seas' Debut Shifted From China to U.S. and Europe
- Maldives is back to UK’s green list
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives wins 2021 Luxury Lifetstyle Awards
- Komandoo Maldives features New Menu at Aqua
- Six Senses to add second branded property in the Maldives – Kanuhura
- Underwater World: Amilla Maldives inspires travelers to celebrate local Art
- Vakkaru Maldives Announces 'Glitter and Gold' Festive Programme
- Hina Khan having a fun in the Maldives
- Sara Ali Khan enjoys the Sun and the Sea in Maldives
- Green Globe certifies Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi
- Emirates offers even more reasons to visit Dubai and Expo 2020
- MSC Approved To Sail First Cruise Out of Port Canaveral
- Two More Norwegian Ships Restart Operations
- Coco Bodu Hithi, Maldives announces New General Manager
- Holland America Sets New Dates for Three Ship Restarts in 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eaterie
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Crown & Champa Resorts celebrate 10k guest reviews on Tripadvisor
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives wins TRAVEL + LEISURE 2021 World's Best Awards
- Amilla Maldives opens EAST - The brand new South Indian eatery
- Regent Unveils Seven Seas Grandeur's Designs
- Lily Beach - Best Luxury All-Inclusive Resort by Luxury Lifestyle Awards 2021
- Carnival Corp., Quest Diagnostics Offer Cruisers Access to COVID Tests
- Sea Cloud Cruises christens New Sea Cloud Spirit, its third Ship
- Green Initiative at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- Jumeirah Group announces opening of new resort in Maldives
- Dusit Thani Maldives supports Community Connections with Unique Gifts for Kids
- Lily Beach Maldives to host Football Workshops with Guinness World Record Holder
- Flexi Booking with Huvafen Fushi
- Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts lands in the Maldives with Signature Glamourous European Spirit
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The 5 Most Anticipated Luxury Hotel Openings for 2021
The projected travel trends for 2021 and promising news of a vaccine help us feel confident that there's hope for an exciting holiday on the horizon Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More