Why We Love the Bangkok Riverside Fest! 10 Reasons to Mark it as THE Event of the Year
Maldives Hotels & Travel guide
18 January, 2023
It's time to plan your fun-filled holiday at the amazing Bangkok Riverside Fest as we unveil the Best of the Best at this long-awaited event of the year.
The Bangkok Riverside Fest 2023 held on the 3rd – 5th February along the Chao Praya River next to Anantara Riverside Resort is filled with endless activities and events for all the family. Peruse the open-air vintage shopping, dance the night away with live DJ’s and concerts, dine on fabulous food and drink, and cheer for your favourite at the exciting river races. Here are the things we love the most that make the event stand out from the crowd:
1) Elephant Boat Race
The highlight of the event. Watch as current champions the Royal Thai Navy Seals compete against seven other teams in this high-stakes competition in beautiful Thai long-tail boats. The races culminate in a prestigious awards ceremony on Sunday evening.
What’s a festival without music! Dance away to live DJ sets and some of Thailand’s biggest artists who will be putting on mini outdoor concerts. On Friday, guests will groove to PiXXiE, Poly Cat, and V Violet. Saturday will bring out MEAN, Lipta, and 4Eve; and finally, Patrickananda and Wanyai and Mon Monik will be closing out the show on Sunday.
3) Dog Friendly
Bring the whole family! This wonderful weekend event is fun for all ages and members of the clan, including the four-legged kind with plenty of space for them to run and play.
4) Paddle-Boarding and Kayaking
Marvel at the riverside as professional kayakers and stand-up paddle boarders take part in a number of high-intensity fun races. Watch in wonder as they avoid falling into the river!
5) Tug of War
Enjoy the intensity of the tug-of-war style boat battles on the water as rowers compete in this friendly, powerful game on the water. Be prepared to get splashed!
6) The Gourmet Zone
There’s something for everyone. Feast on a mix of festival food staples, Thai street food classics and international dishes from Thailand’s top restaurants and Bangkok’s favourite chefs.
7) Beer and Wine Garden
A relaxing area for guests to sit back and cool down sipping an indulgent artisan cocktail, chilled glass of wine or craft beer, watching the festival goers as they stroll by.
8) Flea Market
Peruse the colourful flea market and indulge in some retail therapy while simultaneously supporting local artisans and independent businesses, selling everything from clothing, local handcraft items and souvenirs.
9) Keep the Kids Entertained
With kite making from the Thai Kite Festival Association and a Playzone including Euro Bungee and a Zorbbal Race Track, the festival will keep the little ones and the young at heart entertained.
10) All for a Good Cause
There’s nothing better than celebrating in style and knowing it’s all for a good cause. Not only does the festival aim to capture the spirit of community and celebrating local culture, it also raises charitable donations for elephant-related projects throughout Thailand.
For more information about Bangkok Riverside Fest and to buy festival tickets, please visit www.bangkokriversidefest.com. For Anantara Riverside room bookings, please visit www.anantara.com/en/riverside-bangkok/offersBOOK NOW
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Each Anantara hotel in the island nation has its own individual style. Find your rhythm in the island of your choice. Wherever you drop anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Anantara Hotels in The Maldives
Anantara runs five resorts in the Maldives. Part of Thai hospitality group Minor Hotel Group, Anantara Resorts offers a range of options in the Maldives to suit all tastes whether you want to go on honeymoon, take the family, or simply looking for a winter sun beach break as a couple. Pick the luxury that moves you. Each Anantara luxury resort in the Maldives has its own individual style. Wherever you sink anchor, Anantara’s gurus and islanders will be on hand to discover for you which side of the island to be on, the proportions of the villas, the quality of the house-reef for snorkelling or the best of the cocktail at sunset - any question you might have, they will know the answer to make your moments special. Tailor your Maldives island time to your pace and your passions.Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More