Accor to launch cleaning standards certification 'label' post-coronavirus lockdown
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
20 April, 2020
Accor Hotels has partnered with testing, inspection and certification provider Bureau Veritas to develop a ‘label’ certifying that appropriate safety standards and cleaning protocols have been achieved.
Hospitality group Accor hopes the certification scheme will help reassure customers and employees that appropriate standards and cleaning protocols have been met as coronavirus restrictions are lifted and businesses reopen.
Accor said the standards would apply to all group hotels and an operational guide be made available “to all stakeholders in the hospitality industry, enabling them to rigorously apply the health and safety recommendations of authorities”.
In a statement, the group said: “The project has been carried out in partnership with doctors and epidemiologists and developed in collaboration with Accor owners and trade associations.”
Details of the scheme will be shared with the French ministries of tourism, health and labour to validate the standards and with French tourism association Alliance France Tourisme.
Accor said it would also submit “proposals for the easing of lockdown measures” to “governments in France and subsequently in Europe”.
Once up and running, the scheme would enable customers to check whether a hotel or restaurant has been certified on a dedicated Bureau Veritas website before booking.
Accor Europe chief executive Franck Gervais said: “Today more than ever our employees, customers and partners need to be reassured of our ability to offer them the best welcome possible.
“We are pleased to be pioneering this drive with Bureau Veritas and to extend it to all stakeholders.”
Bureau Veritas chief executive (France & Africa) Jacques Pommeraud, said: “This label will contribute to the hospitality and restaurant industry reopening with confidence.
“We are proud to work with Accor, at first in France and subsequently in all European countries. This approach will benefit the entire industry.”
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Accor Hotels in The Maldives
A newcomer to the Maldives booming tourism industry, AccorHotels is on a major expansion drive with eight existing properties and one under development in the island nation. The French multinational hotel group runs Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort, Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi, Mӧvenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives and Raffles Maldives Meradhoo, as well as the recently-opened Pullman Maldives Maamutaa. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More