Accor to launch cleaning standards certification 'label' post-coronavirus lockdown
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
20 April, 2020
Accor Hotels has partnered with testing, inspection and certification provider Bureau Veritas to develop a ‘label’ certifying that appropriate safety standards and cleaning protocols have been achieved.
Hospitality group Accor hopes the certification scheme will help reassure customers and employees that appropriate standards and cleaning protocols have been met as coronavirus restrictions are lifted and businesses reopen.
Accor said the standards would apply to all group hotels and an operational guide be made available “to all stakeholders in the hospitality industry, enabling them to rigorously apply the health and safety recommendations of authorities”.
In a statement, the group said: “The project has been carried out in partnership with doctors and epidemiologists and developed in collaboration with Accor owners and trade associations.”
Details of the scheme will be shared with the French ministries of tourism, health and labour to validate the standards and with French tourism association Alliance France Tourisme.
Accor said it would also submit “proposals for the easing of lockdown measures” to “governments in France and subsequently in Europe”.
Once up and running, the scheme would enable customers to check whether a hotel or restaurant has been certified on a dedicated Bureau Veritas website before booking.
Accor Europe chief executive Franck Gervais said: “Today more than ever our employees, customers and partners need to be reassured of our ability to offer them the best welcome possible.
“We are pleased to be pioneering this drive with Bureau Veritas and to extend it to all stakeholders.”
Bureau Veritas chief executive (France & Africa) Jacques Pommeraud, said: “This label will contribute to the hospitality and restaurant industry reopening with confidence.
“We are proud to work with Accor, at first in France and subsequently in all European countries. This approach will benefit the entire industry.”
Recent Posts 23.09.2020
- Top 10 most Remote Luxury Resorts in Maldives
- Air Travel post coronavirus (updated)
- Choosing room type that's right for You at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Reethi Beach Resort reopens with a new room category
- Reethi Faru Resort Opens new Deluxe Beach Pool Villas
- OZEN Reserve Bolifushi appoints Falaaz Ismail as sales director
- 'Work smart' from Paradise at Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives
- COVID-19 TRAVEL FAQ (updated)
- Maldives to Reopen the Resorts: Here is the Schedule (updated)
- Seaside Finolhu Ready to Open Following Exciting Transformation
- Emperor Maldives starts 'Lucky Trip' offer with guaranteed liveaboard spot
- Soneva launches Virtual Wine Tasting
- Must Do Experiences at Constance Moofushi
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives features new butler concept
- These Hotels are now Offering Free Covid PCR test in the Maldives
- Top 10 Things to Do at Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- The 10 Most Amazing Places for Travel Photo in Maldives
- 10 Reasons You Should Add Waldorf Astoria Maldives to Your 2021 Bucket List
- Maldives Guest Houses to Reopen from 15 October
- 10 Reasons Why We Love Diving Safari in The Maldives
- Soneva Fushi Opens New One - and Two-bedroom Over-Water Villas
- Experience The Ultimate All-Inclusive Holiday at Emerald Maldives
- The Best Local Islands for Budget Family Holiday
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Accor Hotels in The Maldives
A newcomer to the Maldives booming tourism industry, AccorHotels is on a major expansion drive with eight existing properties and one under development in the island nation. The French multinational hotel group runs Mercure Maldives Kooddoo Resort, Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi, Mӧvenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives and Raffles Maldives Meradhoo, as well as the recently-opened Pullman Maldives Maamutaa. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visiting this tropical island. Special kidsRead More
10 Romantic Dining Experiences
The Maldives is a breathtaking destination with it's paper-white sands, azure lagoons, and seclude island vibes. Dining and romance go hand in hand in the Maldives.The restaurants and destinationRead More
6 Underwater Restaurants
Dining under the sea is a growing trend in the Maldives that enables diners to enjoy a great food and incredible underwater views all at once. The 6 breathtaking underwater restaurants in Maldives must toRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotels, so regularly check for the best dealsRead More
10 Best Liveaboards
Liveaboards in Maldives is the best way to discover underwater world with many must-have tropical SCUBA experiences. Deserted, white sand islandsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelersRead More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More