Art-to-Table dining? Unique Experiences to Try at Joali Maldives
Activities and Experiences in The Maldives
23 May, 2022
Plan Joali Maldives getaway this year, to find art and excellent food with JOALI's new event series. Bringing global artists to the island of Muravandhoo in Raa Atoll, this exclusive resort has launched a unique series of immersive art dinners.
Starting from May 2022 monthly art dinners will be held at four dining destinations at the resort, where guests can explore culinary creativity while immersing in artistic exploration. The dinners will see resort’s executive chef preparing paints using herbs and flowers from the island’s own Chef Garden, for an interactive experience led by female artists from around the world.
Part of the Women in Arts programme, an initiative from JOALI’s founder Esin Güral Argat to give back to the local community, the art dinner series is a continuation of the JOALI philosophy supporting the artistic community and pioneering gender equality. Local art can be found all over the luxurious island retreat, which pays homage to its Maldivian roots through art and design.
“JOALI certainly goes beyond providing guests with picturesque views of the Maldivian landscape,” said Enver Arslan. “We hope that this one-of-a-kind holiday destination will enrich guests’ experience by infusing it with spectacular art installations, immersing visitors in the splendour of art and nature.”
Among the featured dining outlets are Vandhoo – serving Southeast Asian, Chinese, and Mediterranean cuisines – and Saoke – a distinctly Japanese restaurant designed by world-renowned restaurant architect Noriyoshi Muramatsu.
Bellinis, home to the island’s perfect cocktails and a carefully crafted menu by Michelin star Chef Theodor Falser, will also feature in the events programme along with Tuh’u, al fresco dining under the stars where guests can relish the flavours of the Levant on the sand surrounded by the sparkling palms and the night sky.
Furthermore, artworks created through the programme will be on display and sold at the JOALI Art Studio for guests to purchase, showcasing local talent and generating much-needed revenue for the remote island community.
About resort: Amid the abundant life between the palm trees and sparkling turquoise water sits JOALI Maldives, the very first art-immersive resort in the Maldives. Based in Raa Atoll, one of the largest and deepest atolls in the world, guests can expect brilliant blue waters, a myriad of sea life, and pristine white-sand beaches fringed by gently swaying coconut palms.
Each of the 73 villas is the epitome of sustainable glamour and was inspired by individual stories and designed to take the guests on a rich sensory journey. Boasting a lavish range of culinary options, every dish at JOALI, tells a story and every plate becomes a journey, a journey of savours, fragrance, and joy – an art immersive experiential dining.
Recent Posts 24.11.2022
- The Travel Calendar for November 2022 in the Maldives
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Kudadoo welcomes Hania, master of Wellness this holiday season
- Kandima Maldives resort announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas opens new Marine laboratory
- Capture Holiday Magic in Maldives and save up to 30% with Amari Havodda
- Coral Reef restoration at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives Resort Teams Up with Olive Ridley Project to Protect Turtles
- 7 reasons The Nautilus is Now One of the Maldives most exclusive hotels
- Maldives wins ‘Best Romantic Destination’ at T+L India’s Best Awards
- Vakkaru Maldives launches Jungle Cinema and Anguru Teppanyaki
- A round-up of the latest Cruise news
- Nova Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi hosts first workplace mental health awareness programme
- Make Dine Around to Complete the Holiday of Your Dreams in Maldives
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointment
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? November 2022
- Who pays the bills: People's Majlis approved TGST and GST Hike
- Celebrate your Romantic moments with ‘The Nooma Experience’ at Baros Maldives
- Latest News from Meeru Island, November 2022
- Manta Trust: What's New, November 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi launches Flying Dress photoshoot experience
- Why Vakkaru Maldives is the World’s Leading Luxury Honeymoon Resort
- Star performances and DJ sets at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Announces Collaboration with lifestyle Fashion brand
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Couples, Family, Design, Activity
A new landmark for glamor and sophistication in the Maldives, JOALI is an ultra luxury resort that's opened in 2018 on the island of Muravandhu, Raa atoll. Celebrating the "Joy of Life" with high skill, artistry and sustainability in its very essence, Joali promises a non-standard and exceptional island experience for its guests. The 73-villa property offers unconventional luxury in a private setting and a distinct focus on design by internationally-renowned design studio Autoban, architecture and design firm Atolye4n and Tokyo-based Studio Glitt.
Innovative dining concepts include Japanese restaurant Saoke, authentic Asian and Levant restaurant Vandhoo, Tuscan-inspired Bellinis, personalised dining and cooking school Her Kitchen, as well as numerous destination dining experiences. The Spa by ESPA invites guests on a holistic wellness journey along with a world-class fitness centre and expert trainers. JOALI Maldives celebrates its “Joie de Vivre” philosophy through unique programming such as Maldivian excursions and one-of-a-kind on-property offerings, including an Art Studio and Gallery, Flower Garden, Manta Ray Treehouse and more. Read Full Review....
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More