At Alila, every little action matters! Celebrating World Environment Day and World Ocean Day
Maldives Luxury Guide
09 June, 2022
Protecting the environment should not be a momentary practice but rather a lifelong commitment for us all. Here at Alila we take a green approach to luxury and put responsibility at the core of sustainability. At Alila Kothaifaru Maldives, green initiatives have been implemented from the ground up, including conserving up to 70% of our island’s existing vegetation and as many native trees as possible.
As part of our sustainability commitment, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives invited guests as well as team members to contribute towards the health of the island and the surrounding waters through activities that will help gift a beautiful landscape to future generations.
These activities are not only beneficial for the environment but also provide space for our guests and team members to nurture an authentic relationship with nature.
World Environment Day
In celebration of World Environment Day on 5 June and in line with our commitment to preserve the island’s existing vegetation, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives together with guests planted trees on the island as part of reforestation efforts. Around 200 native trees were planted and it is estimated that within the next six months the percentage of vegetation on the island will increase by 80%.
We believe in the importance of being surrounded by trees for both one’s physical and emotional well-being. Forest bathing, or Shinrin-yoku, is the Japanese practice of “bathing” oneself in nature for mental and physical healing. International studies have shown that forest bathing can greatly reduce stress, lower blood pressure, improve concentration, strengthen the immune system, boost vitality, and has powerful cancer prevention benefits.
World Ocean Day
In collaboration with Euro Divers, the resort celebrated World Ocean Day by inviting guests and team members to join in a house reef and lagoon clean-up event. Snorkellers took part in the lagoon clean-up while divers took part in the house reef clean-up and it was a surprise when they surfaced with 20 kg of rubbish consisting of plastic bottles, cans, pieces of pipe and plastic packaging after a single 45-minute session. These materials will be recycled at the resort’s on-site bottle crusher and garbage compactor.
The event certainly raised awareness of how important it is to protect marine life through continuous small actions such as these and how the contribution of every single person matters to ensure a sustainable future.
For more information, please visit alilahotels.com/kothaifaru-maldives
The resort is now open with Beach Villas and offering an array of recreational services and amenities including water sports and marine excursions, kids’ club activities, spa treatments and a 24-hour fitness center.
Guests can enjoy all-day dining at our main restaurant, Seasalt; refreshing cocktails & wine at Mirus Bar; comfort food beachside at Pibati; and 24-hour private in-villa dining. Umami and Yakitori Bar will be opening in late May 2022.
Construction is in progress in limited areas and is slated to be completed by June 30, 2022; meantime, intermittent noise will be expected between 8AM and 5PM.
Recent Posts 10.03.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives launches 'Rock & Soul Month' – the Ultimate Wellness and Lifestyle experience
- Best of both worlds in Dubai with Anantara
- Experience Maldives by Art at Grand Park Kodhipparu
- A New Wellness Experience at Anantara Kihavah
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? March 2023
- Raffles Maldives Meradhoo welcomes wellness practitioner Ranjith Saj
- Top hotel deals and offers to book for Eid Al-Fitr in the Maldives 2023
- From MasterChef delights to Easter celebration and other COCO news this month
- ELE|NA at OZEN RESERVE BOLIFUSHI wins World Luxury Spa Awards 2022
- The Nautilus Maldives launches the slumber ritual on World Sleep Day
- Where Kids Stay and Eat Free in the Maldives
- Deep Diving essentials
- COLOURS OF OBLU announces OBLU NATURE Helengeli renovation and rebranding
- LUX Tennis partners with Waldorf Astoria Maldives
- Avani+ Fares Maldives debuts on 1st April 2023 with Pre-Opening Special Offer
- Start Planning: Spring Break 2023 with COMO Hotels
- Constance Festival Culinaire 2023
- Savor the flavors of traditional Japanese cuisine at JW Marriott Maldives
- Latest News from Kandima, March 2023
- Top 5 Free-Spirited Experiences recommended by The Nautilus house masters
- Health events calendar at JOALI BEING for 2023
- Outrigger Maldives Maafushivaru Resort joins World’s Top 100 Elite Properties
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives resort to get revamped
- Explore the culinary wonders of Diamonds Athuruga Maldives
- These Countries Fly Direct to Malé (MLE)
- Maldives Most Booked Hotels
- 10 Maldives resorts to Add to Your 2023 Travel Bucket list
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
10 Most Affordable Water Villas
While it may never be cheap to visit thу Maldives, fortunately there are still some chic and relatively affordable overwater villas you can stay. Read more
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More
Maldives Diving Guide
The life of these paradise islands below the Indian Ocean's level is the main draw attracting thousands of divers Read More