At Alila, every little action matters! Celebrating World Environment Day and World Ocean Day
Maldives Luxury Guide
09 June, 2022
Protecting the environment should not be a momentary practice but rather a lifelong commitment for us all. Here at Alila we take a green approach to luxury and put responsibility at the core of sustainability. At Alila Kothaifaru Maldives, green initiatives have been implemented from the ground up, including conserving up to 70% of our island’s existing vegetation and as many native trees as possible.
As part of our sustainability commitment, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives invited guests as well as team members to contribute towards the health of the island and the surrounding waters through activities that will help gift a beautiful landscape to future generations.
These activities are not only beneficial for the environment but also provide space for our guests and team members to nurture an authentic relationship with nature.
World Environment Day
In celebration of World Environment Day on 5 June and in line with our commitment to preserve the island’s existing vegetation, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives together with guests planted trees on the island as part of reforestation efforts. Around 200 native trees were planted and it is estimated that within the next six months the percentage of vegetation on the island will increase by 80%.
We believe in the importance of being surrounded by trees for both one’s physical and emotional well-being. Forest bathing, or Shinrin-yoku, is the Japanese practice of “bathing” oneself in nature for mental and physical healing. International studies have shown that forest bathing can greatly reduce stress, lower blood pressure, improve concentration, strengthen the immune system, boost vitality, and has powerful cancer prevention benefits.
World Ocean Day
In collaboration with Euro Divers, the resort celebrated World Ocean Day by inviting guests and team members to join in a house reef and lagoon clean-up event. Snorkellers took part in the lagoon clean-up while divers took part in the house reef clean-up and it was a surprise when they surfaced with 20 kg of rubbish consisting of plastic bottles, cans, pieces of pipe and plastic packaging after a single 45-minute session. These materials will be recycled at the resort’s on-site bottle crusher and garbage compactor.
The event certainly raised awareness of how important it is to protect marine life through continuous small actions such as these and how the contribution of every single person matters to ensure a sustainable future.
For more information, please visit alilahotels.com/kothaifaru-maldives
The resort is now open with Beach Villas and offering an array of recreational services and amenities including water sports and marine excursions, kids’ club activities, spa treatments and a 24-hour fitness center.
Guests can enjoy all-day dining at our main restaurant, Seasalt; refreshing cocktails & wine at Mirus Bar; comfort food beachside at Pibati; and 24-hour private in-villa dining. Umami and Yakitori Bar will be opening in late May 2022.
Construction is in progress in limited areas and is slated to be completed by June 30, 2022; meantime, intermittent noise will be expected between 8AM and 5PM.
Recent Posts 22.06.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for June in the Maldives
- ‘Great British Menu’ Finalist To Host Food Pop-Up in Amilla Maldives
- This Week in Cruise Recovery: A New Ship and Cruise Ship Gaming
- JOALI Being Maldives launches Family-friendly Summer programmes
- Adults Only Wellness Getaway That is All About Self-Care at Komandoo Maldives
- At Kuramathi Maldives, the first meal of the day comes with a swim
- Is an All-Inclusive Vacation Right for You? Get Up to 47% off at Kandima
- What makes OBLU Nature Helengeli unique Maldives resort?
- Latest News from Veligandu Island, June
- Feel — and Hear — the Love with a Romantic Revelations in Kandolhu Maldives
- SeaDream Unveils Cruises for 2024 Mediterranean Season
- Manta Trust: What's New, June 2022
- Komandoo Maldives wins Two prestigious 2022 TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards
- COLOURS OF OBLU adds Only BLU to Maldives Underwater restaurants Lineup
- COMO Maalifushi launches Play by COMO Summer Camp for Kids
- Water World: A Deep Sea Odyssey with Vakkaru Maldives and Oliver Steeds OBE
- Coral Princess Arrives at New Homeport of Brisbane
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? June, 2022
- Windstar Cruises Debuts Newly Renovated Star Pride
- Reethi Faru Maldives Resort: What's New
- Banana Island Doha by Anantara & Discover Qatar Launch Whale Shark Excursions
- Fairmont Maldives appoints Marshall Orton as New General Manager
- Maldives Restaurants: Guide to Dining at Anantara Resorts
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Maldives Luxury Guide
Over a million tourists visit these islands every year for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Now it's your turn to experience Maldives, the gem of the Indian ocean to discover plenty of hidden treasures. You can experience different experiences of luxury in Maldives best resorts, mingling with celebs in your best beachwear, dining in style, and falling in love with the underwater world. For those seeking romance, the Maldives offers enviably luxurious private accommodation and indulgent spas. Maldives makes the best holiday experiences year after year after year. Read More
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More