Best Idea for your next holiday: Alila Kothaifaru Maldives
Best Experience for: Couples, Families, Group, Wellness, House Reef Snorkeling & Diving, Activities
If you are looking for a new, top 5 star Maldives resort - look no further! With a stunning house reef, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort is located in scenic Raa Atoll and offers a refreshing blend serenity and discovery in an awe-inspiring destination embraced by nature’s wonders.
The beautiful island is home to 80 all-pool-villas, on the beach and overwater designed seamlessly to immerse guests in the natural surroundings. Alila is a special place, extremely well managed, with superior service and staff, and the best food in the Maldives. Activities and experiences for every type of escape: snorkelling, watersports, fine dining, spa - all beyond amazing. And access to some of the best diving you can find ...really close by.
MALDIVES RESORT Packages, Offers & Promotions
- Atmosphere resorts - 20% OFF, FULL ALL INCLUSIVE, book by 28 January 2023
- Kandima: Summer DEAL - up to 65% off - FB, on all room types
- Milaidhoo Island, Baa atoll - 45% OFF (B&B)
- OZEN COLLECTION - Save 25% on The RESERVE™ Plan Luxury All Inclusive deal
- Kuramathi SUPER SAVER: 45% OFF All Meals Included
- Amilla Early Bird FLASH: 40% OFF on water villa rates + HB meal
- Baros Maldives: 35% off - Special Offer with airport transfers, HB included
- Crown & Champa Resorts Special offers: Up to 25% OFF for stays from now into 2023
- Outrigger Maafushivaru: - Honeymoon Getaway: HB + benefits
- Adaaran resorts: - SECRET DEAL OFFER – EXTRA 10%
- VIEW MORE MALDIVES RESORT PACKAGES
From welcome to departure you are taken extremely well care of. The wonderful experience starts just when you step out of Male airport. Just pass your passports and luggage, the staff will arrange everything helping you get to the island. Once arrival, the management team are there welcoming guests with champagne and warm introduction. After a some champagne, expect a tour of the resort before being taken to your luxury villa. Once at the villa, a host'll show you where to find everything. As mentioned, the villa is exactly as pictured. The checkin process is quite simplified in villa to allow you enjoying the beautiful Maldives resort.
Since Kothaifaru is a natural island its interior is verdant and lush full of tropical birds and creatures. The beaches are covered with fine and white sands, lagoon is crystal clear and house reef is teeming with marine life. Villas, grounds, and other facilities are all extremely well designed and decadent while being environmentally conscious. The resort’s elegant minimalist architecture by Singapore-based Studiogoto encompasses terraced pavilions, villas and a treetop spa that are carefully integrated into the existing landscape to immerse guests in the picturesque natural surroundings. The low-rise structures and contemporary interiors feature open-air spaces and a calming palette of island-inspired colours and textures, creating an idyllic setting for complete relaxation and connection with nature. As mostly in the Maldives, all walkways from the villa to the restaurants, etc are sand. DOWNLOAD RESORT MAP
The island and the rooms are incredibly well designed and integrated and you mostly see the green of the jungle and the blue of the ocean. Being in a atoll's channel the island offers a great snorkelling experience even an off season, so the house reef snorkeling is pretty good/great
What makes the Alila charming is not only luxury rooms, views and food, but also the nice staff and top-notch service. Every staff is genuinely kind, polite and welcoming. There is genuine interest and attention to every detail, and everyone you meet will be helpful and kind, and personal in a very nice and authentic way. Butler service deserves special attention: Just tell him your plans, he'll make dreams come true. It's great idea to have a single point of contact who you can communicate with on WhatsApp.
Recently Alila welcomed Thomas Weber as the new General Manager of the island resort.
Located 136 km to the north of Male, Raa Atoll offers a truly Maldivian escape, it is the perfect getaway offering an unmatched experience for solo travelers, couples and families. Whether you are an adventurer seeking the underwater experience, an explorer looking for a remote exotic island or a fishing enthusiast ready for the big catch. READ MORE
Remote and unspoilt with an air of tranquil seclusion, the picturesque Raa Atoll is one of the deeper atolls in the Maldives archipelago, offering abundant snorkelling and diving options to explore its incredibly rich and diverse underwater world. Beyond swimming in our stunning house reef, enjoy easy access to the famous Hanifaru Bay UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve. This protected marine sanctuary is the largest feeding and breeding hotspot in the world for manta rays and whale sharks, which at times congregate here in their hundreds. Alila Kothaifaru Maldives is also close to Vaadhoo Island, one of the best spots to witness the spectacular “Sea of Stars” phenomenon, an extraordinary sight to behold.
Surrounded by a stunning house reef in the scenic Raa Atoll, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives offers serenity and discovery in an awe-inspiring destination embraced by nature’s wonders. The 11.2 hectare private island retreat lies at the northern edge of the Maldives in Raa Atoll, accessible via a scenic 45-minute seaplane journey from Malé. Also guests can choose airport transfer from Velana international airport via domestic flight (45 to 90 minutes) + speedboat transfer (30 minutes)
Designed for true relaxation in harmony with nature, each of the resort’s 44 beachfront villas and 36 overwater villas comes with a private pool. Featuring contemporary interiors in a palette of soothing colours with natural textures, these spacious hideaways are carefully positioned to provide privacy and comfort in understated, sophisticated style. The villas get cleaned twice a day and fruits and Maldivian goodies replenished daily.
Guests can unwind in these understated, sophisticated spaces that balance privacy with openness to the outdoors. Each villa comes with a sun deck where guests can bask in picture-perfect views and enjoy personalised service whether they are staying steps from the beach or above the turquoise lagoon. In-Villa Facilities 43" 4K TV with satellite channels and entertainment system, telephone and WiFi connections, safety deposit box, portable speaker, coffee machine and tea-making facilities.
The Sunrise Beach Villas offer early birds captivating views to start their day alongside quick access to the resort’s main facilities such as the infinity pool, Play Alila kids’ club, Seasalt restaurant and Mirus Bar. They have that extra living room space with a daybed and the closet/storage space was abundantly perfect for whole family. The outdoor patio is also very spacious and nicely shaded allowing for a longer pool time without the intense heat beating down on you.
Treat yourself to the ultimate romantic escape in a villa perched over the lagoon. With Sunset or Sunrise view these elegantly appointed villas feature an open-concept bedroom and living room for a spacious feel, with floor-to-ceiling glass doors that slide open to a private pool and sun deck surrounded by unending ocean views. Feel all your worries drift away on the breeze as the gentle lap of the lagoon waters lulls you into peaceful relaxation.
Restaurants and Bars
Surprisingly, the food will turn out to be the favorite part of your trip to Alila Kothaifaru Maldives. Be ready to go on a culinary journey and eat the best food courtesy of Chef Rohit Pushpavanam and Justus’ Seasalt team. The dine price is really acceptable compared with other luxury resorts in Maldives. Beyond menus, the chefs can try their best to offer what you want and if you have special dietary needs including vegetarian, you can have the team customize it for you.
All day dining, Seasalt is the main restaurant at Alila Kothaifaru. With a daily rotation of local and international favourites alongside fresh-baked breads the morning menu raises the bar for an included breakfast. Definitely take the staff's advice and try the Maldivian breakfast! Everything is fresh and delicious. Enjoy the fresh taste of the sea with local cuisine that blends Middle Eastern and Mediterranean influences and traditions in dishes that burst with ancient flavours, spices and colours. For the lunch expect a light and sharing-style dishes complemented by daily specials. There are so many options, each of which tasted like it should be a Michelin Star’d dish, you can’t go wrong. Cooked to perfection with stunning artistic presentations, thoughtfully sourced and carefully served, local fish is the star of the show at Seasalt for dinner. The signature salt-baked reef fish is highly recommended!
Japanese-inspired menus carefully prepared in Alila's Umami teppanyaki theatre. The dining place perfectly describes the variety of mouth-watering experiences that await in this relaxing open space cooled by the gentle ocean breeze. Savour a wide range of traditional and modern a la carte Japanese dishes including a premium selection of organically grown vegetables, Wagyu beef and sustainably sourced fish, as well as sushi and sashimi featuring Maldivian seafood at main dining room or beachside.
Meaning “to drink, absorb, imbibe” in Sanskrit, Pibati is a chilled beach café satisfies your daytime cravings with comfort food ranging from pressed sandwiches to hand-pulled Roma-style pizzettes, organic salads, cakes and pastries, gelato and more, along with freshly brewed barista coffees, forest-friendly teas, juices and wellness concoctions.
Dreaming about true island escape experience? The Shack is the resort's own private sand cay (giri). Two distinct trips to The Shack are available daily – a 4- hour day trip including a picnic-style lunch, and a 4-hour evening trip with a private chef to cook up a sunset BBQ.
Mirus Bar serves a refreshing selection of delicious cocktails inspired by the region’s former Portuguese and Arabic spice trade routes and concocted with ingredients from our own herb garden. Here, you can also enjoy an extensive range of Old and New World wines, including organic and biodynamic varieties. Pair your drink with Spanish tapas and local bites famous in the South Asian region.
Dine by design, anywhere... Select your own gourmet menu and location for a memorable dining experience curated by Alila's culinary team. Dine at a sunken table on the beach, poolside in your villa, or at other secluded corners of the island. Venture further on a sunset cruise or to the private sandbank for a romantic picnic or a magical outdoor movie night under the stars.
The service is wonderfully attentive and F&B members willing to share his/her personal Island experiences and make suggestions for your holiday if asked.
All Inclusive Rate Plan Includes
• Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner at Seasalt restaurant (Dining style: a three-course à la carte menu or theme buffet)
• Unlimited beverages: Selected wines, beers, spirits, cocktails & soft drinks from 11.00am to 11.00pm *(T&C apply)
• Selected one-time 60-minute spa treatment per adult
• USD 100 Dinner food credit to experience dinner at any other dining venues including Umami or Dining Escapes
Alila Hospitalities - with our compliments for all guests
• Welcome amenities
• Spa Alila wellness activities
• In-room reusable water bottles
• Daily afternoon tea & coffee at Pibati from 3.00pm to 4.00pm
• Complimentary use of snorkeling equipment
• Daily poolside refreshments
• Alila Living bath amenities
• 24-hour Personal Host service
The Raa Atoll and Alila Kothaifaru offer great snorkeling and diving experience to explore abundant marine life, from healthy corals to sharks, turtles and manta rays.
Euro-Divers PADI 5 Star Dive Center offers a wide range of PADI courses to all experience levels and is suitable for eight-year-olds and above. Situated in one of the deeper Atolls in the Maldives, about 20 great dive sites near the resort await divers’ exploration. Best dive sites around: Labyrinth, Sola Corner and Manta cleaning station
Alila Kothaifaru is also home to an amazing house reef with many different fish and it's easily accessible. Snorkelers and scuba divers can explore at their own pace. Complimentary snorkeling gear is surprisingly very nice and high quality to help make the experience as great as it's.
Offering relaxing wellbeing moments The Spa and wellness area is set in a peaceful wooded area. Nestled just above the treetops, Spa Alila features four double treatment suites, all with a private bathroom, shower and a floor-to-ceiling window with verdant views. Guests can indulge in rejuvenating treatments and beauty rituals that put a contemporary spin on ancient healing techniques and draw on the benefits of natural ingredients. Guests can also enjoy a complimentary daily yoga session in a tranquil outdoor space within the spa. The spa team serve a delicious ginger tea and crafted specially made healthy but sweet cookies to compliment sessions. The resort also has a 24-hour fitness centre and a beachfront infinity pool.
Excursion to the famous Hanifaru Bay UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve and check out one of the best spots to snorkel with reef manta rays or explore sandbanks or local islands nearby is a must!
With a dedicated play and learning space for young guests, The Play Alila kids club has a variety of activities with a schedule of experience/events in place that will appeal to all tastes: no two days are the same which kept your children will eager to go to children's club daily.
Of course, no trip to the Maldives would be complete without water sports. A wide range of water activities and excursions organised through the expert marine guides at Water Sports and Dive Center. Enjoy a romantic catamaran sailing with your captain to a nearby sandbank, stand-up paddling, kayaking or enjoy an incredible Maldives sunset.
Embracing its Maldivian roots, Alila Kothaifaru Maldives introduces The Art of Coconut experience.
From barefoot chic to elegant sophistication, couples can tie the knot or renew their vows with an enchanting celebration set in tropical splendour, whether on a pristine palm-fringed beach with the glistening ocean as a backdrop or on the private sandbank at sunset followed by a bespoke dinner under the stars
Pros: What Guests Like
- The island is extremely beautiful with fine beaches
- Extraordinary intimate and exclusive Boutique resort
- The modern style of exterior and interiors
- Staff is very professional, attentive and super friendly: shortly said is the very best
- The villas are just a delight! The views from the bed and from the bathroom to enjoy the sea
- fresh fruits and bites/snacks in room daily
- The food is delicious and services are impeccable
- The drinks are delicious and there is a very broad variety of spirits and flavors
- House reef snorkeling
- Spa- 10/10
- Scuba experience is fantastic
- Activities to suite your needs
No matter what we write in this review- no review, no photo, no video can capture and describe Alila's experience. The resort is brand new, the facilities are absolutely beautiful and blend into the surrounding nature, and the island itself is gorgeous; My stay was magical. We had fun, relaxed and well pampered. Everyone welcomed us with an open heart, which was very genu; Extraordinary intimate and exclusive Bourique resort; peaceful and relaxing; Get yourself the most amazing holiday! Brand new and the very best resort in the Maldives; My wife and I had an extraordinary experience at Alila. The property is brand new, food was spectacular and the reef and sea was teeming with fish. The NEXT level of holiday in Maldives. I highly recommend this resort to anyone thinking of coming to Maldives....
What You Need to Know
- Please note that the property is only accessible by the following modes of transfer: shared Seaplane – Travel Duration approximately 45 minutes or Airport Transfer via domestic flight (45 to 90 minutes) + speedboat transfer (30 minutes);
- Check-in from 14:00 hours; Check-out until 12:00 hours;
- In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are in effect at this property.
- Children of any age are welcome.
- Children under 12 years will eat for free breakfast based excluding alcoholic beverages. Maximum 2 free kids per unit paid.
- fact that they provide insect repellant lotion in the rooms to help combat those pesky mosquitos. Book a stay, don’t forget deet/mosquito spray.
- They are very generous with the water in the room and at the restaurant
LiveAboard.com Special Deals in Maldives
- Nautilus Two - 25 Jan 2023 - from €2,615.00 - Ari and South (Male - Male) - Plus Free Nitrox! (20% OFF)
- Emperor Explorer - 22 Jan 2023 - from €2,094.00 - Sharktastic (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Leo - 01 Apr 2023 - from €1,806.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Serenity - 26 Mar 2023 - from €1,902.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Virgo - 28 May 2023 - from €1,498.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid for new bookings only. (23% OFF)
- Emperor Voyager - 23 Jul 2023 - from €1,451.00 - Best of Maldives 7 Nights (Male - Male) - Special Offer! Valid Only for New Bookings. (23% OFF)
- Moonima - 05 Mar 2023 - from €4,819.00 - Deep South (Male-Gan) - $500 OFF! Plus Free Nitrox. Rates include discounts.
Best Hotels in Maldives
Hotels near Male Airport
The Most Popular
Recent Posts 21.01.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- New Year, New Scene: Here’s Where to Stay in January in Maldives
- BOOK DIRECT - Best Rate Guaranteed with COLOURS of OBLU resorts collection
- Week in Review: Riverside Adds Crystal Ships, Orient Express' Yacht
- Find the Most Exotic New Spot for Diving in 2023
- Valentine's Day celebration at Oaga Art Resort
- Stats: 69% of Travelers Actively Seeking Sustainable Travel Options
- Things to Do for Couples at Vakkaru Maldives this February
- Minor Hotels names Michael Parker as GM of three Maldives resorts
- Hanimaadhoo International Airport Expansion Project launched
- Discover a Sanctuary for the Serene Wonders: Madifushi Private Island Officially opens
- Holiday Inn Resort Kandooma Maldives announces New Beach Villa for Group vacation
- Viking Releases Details of New 2024-25 World Cruises
- 10 reasons to be in Bangkok next month
- Plan a Stress-Free Romantic Escape: Feel the Tropical Romance at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Healthy Eating: Lantern Bar at Atmosphere Kanifushi Maldives resort
- Share the Love this Valentine’s Day at Amilla Maldives
- Winter Cocktails that will Get You Feeling Festive: recipes from Coco Bodu Hithi
- Still Dreaming? Awaken to 2023 with Huvafen Fushi!
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches direct Transfers from Hulhumale
- 5 Eco-Tourism Experiences in the Maldives
- Total Escape: Bhutan Like Never Before with COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More