Maldivian boutique brand, Amilla Maldives, to celebrate its’ country’s heritage with guests
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
06 Июль, 2021
In what is thought to be a first for any resort in the Maldives, Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences is proud to announce it will be dedicating an entire week to celebrating Maldivian culture.
The Baa Atoll resort’s Maldives Cultural Week will begin on Eid-al-Adha on July 20th, a popular Maldivian public holiday, and continue through to July 26th, Maldives Independence Day.
The week will be packed with cultural workshops, games, music, and culinary treats.
Authentic Maldivian entertainment at the resort will include a traditional Maldivian Eid-al-Adha ‘Bodu Mas’ (‘Big Fish’) parade, featuring giant fish mascots made from palm leaves and other natural materials taken from the resort’s lush jungle.
The huge fish mascots are operated from underneath by several people, who parade it around the island. Amilla’s talented Islanders will put their weaving skills to the test to create these works of art.
There will also be a Maldivian feast served at the resort’s Emperor Beach Club.
An island village built from woven palm fronds and coconut thatch, as they were for generations, will be erected at the resort to showcase historical elements of Maldivian culture.
Traditional craft workshops and demonstrations including basket-weaving will entertain families.
Budding chefs will be able to try their hand at a variety of Maldivian cooking classes. They will be introduced to Maldivian tapas known as ‘hedika’ or ‘short eats’, the eternally popular ‘mas riha’ (coconut fish curry) and sweet treats such as ‘Addu bondi’ (coconut candy, originating from the southerly Addu Atoll).
No celebration of Maldivian culture would be complete without the country’s traditional drumming and dancing, known as ‘Bodu Beru’. The Amilla Islanders will hold classes for guests on both components of this performance art.
At the culmination of the festivities, on Maldives Independence Day, guests will be entertained with a transfixing show combining ‘Bodu Beru’ with a thrilling contemporary fire dance.
There will also be a gala dinner at Amilla’s Baa-Zaar restaurant.
“The Maldives has a rich cultural heritage but visitors from around the world could visit our pristine islands many times without ever learning anything of the country they are visiting,” Amilla’s Residences Manager Saddam Hussain said.
“Amilla is one of the few Maldivian-owned and managed resorts in the Maldives, so we are in an excellent position to showcase our beautiful country in an authentic way for our guests.”
To find out more contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.amilla.com.
Recent Posts 15.05.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- The Travel calendar for May in the Maldives
- Discover an Oasis of Health and Wellness at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- How to Travel green in LUX* South Ari Atoll
- Princess Cruises introduces All-inclusive premier package
- Heritance Aarah Is among World's Top All-Inclusive Resorts
- Say, “Cheers!” to The Platinum Jubilee Weekend at Finolhu Baa Atoll Maldives
- Blue Force expands its Liveaboards Fleet in the Maldive
- OBLU XPERIENCE Ailafushi opens 19th May With Exclusive Private offer
- Latest News from Meeru Island, May
- Euro-Divers Opens Its Doors to Guests at Alila Kothaifaru Maldive
- Soneva Jani welcomes to a Culinary Journey with Lee Westcott
- New AQV Expedition Ship, Ocean Victory, Sets Sail in Alaska
- Dusit Thani Maldives Partners with Local Brand Ogaa
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces Key Appointments
- Three Additional Princess Cruises Ships Return to Service
- Kuredu & Komandoo listed among the 10 Best Dive Resorts in the Maldives
- HAL Adds New Cruises to Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia
- Scuba Schools International launches New Diving App
- Amilla Resort recognized as Sustainable Travel Standard in the Maldives
- What's Hot in The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, May
- Kudadoo Maldives awarded Prestigious Forbes 5-star Rating
- Sip Your Way into Wine Culture at Kuredu Maldives
- AirAsia returns to the Maldives
- Hotel-to-Table: Dine Sustainably at Gili with New Menu and Chef’s Table
- JUST VEG Celebration is Back at Atmosphere Kanifushi
- Latest News from Kandima, May
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi Honors First Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Award
- Can't-miss deal of the week: 30% Off Special Offer in Filitheyo Island
- OZEN LIFE MAADHOO opens LONU: New age Maldivian concept
- Where to Spot Celebrities in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More