Maldivian boutique brand, Amilla Maldives, to celebrate its’ country’s heritage with guests
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
06 Июль, 2021
In what is thought to be a first for any resort in the Maldives, Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences is proud to announce it will be dedicating an entire week to celebrating Maldivian culture.
The Baa Atoll resort’s Maldives Cultural Week will begin on Eid-al-Adha on July 20th, a popular Maldivian public holiday, and continue through to July 26th, Maldives Independence Day.
The week will be packed with cultural workshops, games, music, and culinary treats.
Authentic Maldivian entertainment at the resort will include a traditional Maldivian Eid-al-Adha ‘Bodu Mas’ (‘Big Fish’) parade, featuring giant fish mascots made from palm leaves and other natural materials taken from the resort’s lush jungle.
The huge fish mascots are operated from underneath by several people, who parade it around the island. Amilla’s talented Islanders will put their weaving skills to the test to create these works of art.
There will also be a Maldivian feast served at the resort’s Emperor Beach Club.
An island village built from woven palm fronds and coconut thatch, as they were for generations, will be erected at the resort to showcase historical elements of Maldivian culture.
Traditional craft workshops and demonstrations including basket-weaving will entertain families.
Budding chefs will be able to try their hand at a variety of Maldivian cooking classes. They will be introduced to Maldivian tapas known as ‘hedika’ or ‘short eats’, the eternally popular ‘mas riha’ (coconut fish curry) and sweet treats such as ‘Addu bondi’ (coconut candy, originating from the southerly Addu Atoll).
No celebration of Maldivian culture would be complete without the country’s traditional drumming and dancing, known as ‘Bodu Beru’. The Amilla Islanders will hold classes for guests on both components of this performance art.
At the culmination of the festivities, on Maldives Independence Day, guests will be entertained with a transfixing show combining ‘Bodu Beru’ with a thrilling contemporary fire dance.
There will also be a gala dinner at Amilla’s Baa-Zaar restaurant.
“The Maldives has a rich cultural heritage but visitors from around the world could visit our pristine islands many times without ever learning anything of the country they are visiting,” Amilla’s Residences Manager Saddam Hussain said.
“Amilla is one of the few Maldivian-owned and managed resorts in the Maldives, so we are in an excellent position to showcase our beautiful country in an authentic way for our guests.”
To find out more contact email@example.com or visit www.amilla.com.
Recent Posts 03.02.2023
- Booking.com Launches Early 2023 Deals: 15% OFF
- Best pick for when you’re planning Maldives Family Adventure: Anantara Kihavah
- Stories: COMO Hotels and Resorts, February 2023
- From Romantic escape to Wellbeing experiences and other COCO news this month
- Jumeirah Maldives unveils love in bloom Valentine’s Day experiences
- Paradise Island resort celebrates Green Key award
- Latest News from Kandima, February 2023
- This Is Your Joyful Maldivian Adventure – 20% OFF at VARU by Atmosphere
- Anantara Hotels expand Europe Portfolio with the opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel
- OBLU SELECT Lobigili' beaches is Your ideal castaway in Paradise
- Latest News from Kuramathi Maldives resort, January 2023
- Things to Do on Valentine's Day at Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort
- CROSSROADS Maldives launches Free Transfers from Male, Hulhumale
- Mastercard announces launch of its Priceless programme in Maldives
- Angsana' Maldives resort relaunches as Dhawa Ihuru
- Sustainability technology at Taj Exotica Resort & Spa
- Discover the taste of Bangkok’s Haoma at W Maldives this February
- Rooftop dining experience with the new menu at Maagiri Hotel’ Peak restaurant
- Explore + Relax: A great way to unwind at Dhigali Maldives
- Green side of Ellaidhoo Maldives by Cinnamon
- Why sustainability is key of success at The Nautilus Maldives
- It's Time for New journey: Discover Your Dream Vacation with Dusit Thani Maldives
- Sri Lanka Bucket List: Best Things to Do with Anantara Hotels
- The Ritz-Carlton Maldives hosts Michelin star events this February
- Where to Feel the Love: VALENTINE’S AT OZEN
- Valentine's celebrations: Festival of romance at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives resort unveils Intimate Self-Service Wedding Venue
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More