Amilla Maldives celebrates Easter in collaboration with the Ministry of Crabs
Best Luxury Hotels in the Maldives
1 March, 2021
Amilla Maldives and Ministry of Crab are partnering together to announce a pop-up ‘Ministry of Crab’ taking over Wok Restaurant at Amilla for the Easter holidays.
With the flagship restaurant at Colombo’s Dutch Hospital upscale shopping precinct, and international outposts in Shanghai, Manilla, Mumbai, Bangkok and at Crossroad Maldives, Ministry of Crab is one of the most acclaimed Sri Lankan seafood restaurants.
Championing the seafood of the Maldives’ next-door neighbor, the Ministry of Crab’s modus operandi is using fresh quality ingredients (with a daring no-freezer policy) to create delicious fine dining cuisine. In particular, the MoC has elevated indigenous wild-caught mud crab to unparalleled levels. Aficionados frequently refer to the MoC’s mud crab dishes as ‘the best crab in the world’.
Guests can choose whether to have their crab prepared with chilli, pepper, garlic-chilli, butter or traditional Sri Lankan curry. The crabs range in size from half a kilo to the legendary 2kg ‘Crabzilla’. But the MoC also excels at many other seafood dishes, including crab liver pate, garlic-chilli freshwater prawns and much more.
As one of South Asia’s most famous chefs, Chef-Restauranteur Dharshan Munidasa’s pop-up Ministry of Crab at Amilla Maldives will be one of the highlights of its thrilling Easter programme. Amilla’s Easter festivities for guests of all ages will also include magical Neverland-themed entertainment and activities that celebrate the concepts of togetherness, resilience and sustainability. As an advocate of fresh, local ingredients, Dharshan is an excellent fit for Amilla’s key sustainability philosophy.
Dharshan, who was born in Tokyo to a Japanese mother and Sri Lankan father, is the also the mastermind behind Sri Lanka’s famous Nihonbashi restaurant. He discovered his talent for cooking while studying at John Hopkins University in the USA, where he obtained a double degree in Computer Engineering and International Relations. Dharshan opened Nihonbashi in Colombo to great acclaim in 1995 and Ministry of Crab in partnership with celebrated Sri Lankan cricketers, Mahela Jayawardena and Kumar Sangakkara, in 2011.
The prolific restauranteur then opened The Tuna and The Crab Japanese seafood fusion restaurant in historic Galle in 2014 and followed up this success with Kaema Sutra contemporary Sri Lankan restaurant, which he opened with Bollywood actress, Jacqueline Fernandez, in 2017. In addition, Dharshan launched a Café Nihonbashi in Sri Lanka’s ancient former capital, Kandy, in 2018, and Ministry of Crab, Carne Diem Grill and Nihonbashi Blue at Crossroads Maldives in 2020.
Amilla’s General Manager, Jason Kruse, and Executive Chef, Andrew Smith, say they are thrilled that Dharshan will shortly be bringing his signature dishes and sharing his freshness philosophy with Sri Lankan spice and personality with the Baa Atoll resort. ”Ministry of Crab is an iconic brand which will provide additional dining options for our Easter period guests,” says Jason.
Recent Posts 24.11.2022
- The Travel Calendar for November 2022 in the Maldives
- Where to Ring in 2023 in the Maldives
- Kudadoo welcomes Hania, master of Wellness this holiday season
- Kandima Maldives resort announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas opens new Marine laboratory
- Capture Holiday Magic in Maldives and save up to 30% with Amari Havodda
- Coral Reef restoration at Hurawalhi Maldives
- Amilla Maldives Resort Teams Up with Olive Ridley Project to Protect Turtles
- 7 reasons The Nautilus is Now One of the Maldives most exclusive hotels
- Maldives wins ‘Best Romantic Destination’ at T+L India’s Best Awards
- Vakkaru Maldives launches Jungle Cinema and Anguru Teppanyaki
- A round-up of the latest Cruise news
- Nova Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointments
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi hosts first workplace mental health awareness programme
- Make Dine Around to Complete the Holiday of Your Dreams in Maldives
- Alila Kothaifaru Maldives resort Announces New General Manager Appointment
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? November 2022
- Who pays the bills: People's Majlis approved TGST and GST Hike
- Celebrate your Romantic moments with ‘The Nooma Experience’ at Baros Maldives
- Latest News from Meeru Island, November 2022
- Manta Trust: What's New, November 2022
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi launches Flying Dress photoshoot experience
- Why Vakkaru Maldives is the World’s Leading Luxury Honeymoon Resort
- Star performances and DJ sets at Sun Siyam Iru Fushi
- LUX* South Ari Atoll Announces Collaboration with lifestyle Fashion brand
- Find Winter Sun with Atmosphere Hotels & Resorts
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review...
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More