Five-star resort announces star-studded and sustainable Christmas and New Year events
Best Luxury Resorts in the Maldives
1 Sep, 2021
Amilla Maldives Resort and Residences is renowned for its spectacular events and it’s newly-released Festive Season year too. From the build-up to Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve, right through to Orthodox Christmas, the Baa Atoll entertainment.
Amilla will be welcoming back the Area 51 Performers, a troupe of highly-skilled entertainers, who will surprise and delight guests of all ages with performances and workshops from December 22nd right through to January 7th.
It all kicks off with ‘What the Dickens! An Island Christmas Carol Cabaret’ on Christmas Eve. Amilla’s youngest guests will participate in a show based upon the theme of ‘the Past, Present and Future of Sustainable Fashion’. This will be followed by a delicious Christmas Eve Gala Dinner with traditional fare. The Maldivian group, Limestone Band, will set the soundtrack to the festivities with their signature upbeat rock and dance music.
Christmas day will see a long lazy Christmas brunch followed by Santa arriving Island style to distribute gifts.
The entertainment will continue as Amilla gears up for New Year’s Eve. A talent show on December 30th will give kids the chance to show off their skills, with help from the Area 51 Performers.
This period would not be the same for Amilla’s Russian guests without a visit from Ded Moroz (‘Grandfather Frost’) who will arrive on New Year’s Eve with his granddaughter, the Snow Maiden, to distribute gifts to the children. It will be a wonderful opportunity for children of all nationalities to learn about another culture.
The New Year's Eve celebrations will be an island-wide extravaganza. Amilla is thrilled to announce it will be welcoming back DJ Scotts Mills, from BBC Radio One. He will be supported by Limestone Band on the main stage. The ‘Out of the Blue’ themed party will whisk guests away to a Venetian underwater world with mythical creatures, opera, violins and much more.
Then Orthodox Christmas Eve will see a fresh twist on a traditional tale, ‘The Song of Babushka’. Amilla’s Kids’ Club team will lead children through an active retelling of the fable, leading up to a Gala Dinner fit for a Tsar, with performances representing gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Another headline act, Dima Bilan, of Eurovision fame, will be joining the party on Orthodox Christmas Eve (January 6th). After a performance from Limestone band, he will rock the main stage with his hit songs right into the night, accompanied by Amilla’s in-house performers. Dima will perform a follow-up show on January 13th as well.
With so much action, Amilla will be the centre of festive fun this year and into 2022 and the resort’s Villas and Residences are filling up fast for this period.Check Availability and Prices
Recent Posts 24.09.2022
- Covid-19: Now everyone can travel to the Maldives
- Creative Activities in The Maldives: The ART of Bohemia experience at The Nautilus
- Top Best Places for Swimming & Diving with Whale Sharks
- Netherlands First Anantara Debuts in the Heart of Amsterdam
- Six Senses Laamu launches Sustainability Camp for Kids
- Celebrate the End of Year with Anantara Veli: Reopening Special offer
- Join Wellness retreat with Celebrity Trainer Ramona Braganza at Kandima
- Plan a Festive Getaway of Your Dreams: A Magical Baros Tale
- Marine Conservation at OBLU SELECT Sangeli
- Holland America Line Announces 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage
- CROSSROADS Maldives celebrates 3 Years of Service Excellence
- Hard Rock 50th Anniversary Sale is Here: FLASH OFFER 25% off
- Latest News from Meeru Island, September 2022
- Princess Cruises’ New Ship, Sun Princess, to Debut in 2024
- Projekt Delfin in the Maldives has launched
- Scuba Diving experience at Emerald Faarufushi Resort
- Experience Holistic Wellness at The Standard Maldives with Ranjith Saj
- Discover the Freedom of Movement at Soneva Jani this Octobe
- Amilla Maldives resort to host Tennis Clinic with Emma Raducanu
- Masaba Gupta is living her Best Life in the Maldives
- Crown & Champa Resorts: What's new? September, 2022
- Discover the Key to a Good Life at Amilla Maldives this fall
- Mouni Roy enjoys Family weekend in the Maldives
- It's Time to Plan: 2022 Festive Season at Komandoo
- Summer Forever! Experience TASTE OF WINTER at Furaveri Maldives
- Where to Spot an Indian Celebs in The Maldives
Best Experience: Family, Couples, Dining, Diving, Spa
Featuring more flexible approach to tropical island luxury, Amilla Fushi offers a luxurious 'island home' for both couples and families in the Maldives. Younger, hipper, with a fresh and contemporary accomodation, the resort has so much to offer, from high design and inventive dining options, to stylish villas and amazing snorkelling and diving. Located in the Baa atoll, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, this might just be the most family friendly resort in the Maldives. Family villas have been designed to ensure that both the parent’s and children’s bedrooms are in the same building. The villas are very spacious, and unlike many two bedroom options you might find elsewhere, the second bedrooms are large and so also work very well for families with older children. The Sultan's Village kids’ club at Amilla Fushi is terrific – all palm tree swings, finger painting and beach games – teens can play billiards and X-Box, and all childcare, including baby-sitting, is complimentary. There is also a children's pool and beach club close by if parents wish to relax in close proximity to the Kids Club. In 2018, Amilla Fushi has been recognised as the leading family resort in Maldives. Read Full Review
Beach or Water Villa?
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly revamped to cater to the needs of families visitingRead More
Best Maldives Resort Offers & Packages
Find out more about the most unparalleled Maldives hotel deals and special rates, when Book Direct your next beach holidayRead More
Maldives Hotel Reviews
Some of the best hotels and resorts in the Maldives are already included in this list, and the good part of them offers the best prices. We will constantly add new hotelsRead More
10 Exclusive Resorts in Maldives
The Maldives is paradise destination that should be on the bucket list of every discerning travelers. There's a special breed of hotels there that cater to the most tasteful of luxury travelers Read More
The Maldives’ Hottest Luxury Hotel Openings for 2022
hese are the hotel openings in the Maldives is most excited for in 2022 for planning your next luxurious getaway Read More
Maldives Luxury Guide
Here's the best of Maldives for luxury travellers. We've compiled the finest recommendations of places to stay, ranging from the most celebrated five-star resorts to luxurious private islands Read More
Maldives Romantic Guide
The ultimate ‘flop and drop' and honeymoon destination, the Maldives is the playground for the most amazing and finest utilization of each second of this extremely valuable and hopeful time with each other in tota Read More
Maldives Budget Guide
Budget travellers choose Maldives as their destination of choice thanks to the variety of affordable stays Read More
Maldives Family Guide
Maldives - a name that became synonymous with honeymooners' paradise in the tourism world, has slowly Read More